Anyone here currently on MediFast?

Robin122

We sail next May - would love to have some buddies here who are MediFast/Take Shape for Life too!

Just restarted the plan --- last time I went from 298 to 220 in a little over 6 months and then we just quit for some stupid reason (hubby was on plan too) - we didn't do the transition or anything so back up we went.

on my second week and still trying to deal with all the temptations I'm faced with as summer draws to a close. (too many picnics etc that we keep getting invited too --- just having to say no because I'm not strong enough right now)

I just started in July. It definitely works. Are you on the MF board? What is your user name and I'll friend you over on the MF boards. I don't want to post my weight in here - LOL But, I've lost almost 20 lbs so far. I started MF originally for our cruise next June, but DH and I planned a last minute cruise recently (only a couple weeks to go!). I'm going to try the 4/2 while on board and I'll let you know how that goes! I'm a little nervous about it because I have been faithful to the 5/1 plan. I am doing the TSFL also. My coach has been very good about getting back to me on questions quickly.

MF definitely works. I used to do WW but it didn't work for me anymore (since I started having thryoid problems). I was told about MF and it was kind of a last resort. I'm a slow loser, but I'm losing, and I'm thrilled with that!

Let me know your MF name (or email it to me) and I'd be happy to be your buddy! We're cruising about the same time, so that's great!

Hey gang!!

I started TSFL (Medifast with a coach) in April because we were cruising in July on the Carnival Conquest. I am LOVING this program!! I was just thinking the other day that when I was growing up I NEVER had a healthy meal. It just wasn't the way my mother cooked....which in turn was passed on to me and I passed it on to my kids.

At 51 yrs old I have finally decided to get myself healthy :-) The avg weight loss w/MF is 2-5 lbs a week but it has been the best thing I've ever done for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks!

I just started the medifast plan on Aug. 30-the TSFL plan with coach. Hoping to lose 50 lbs prior to my December sailing. Yeah, it's a lofty goal, but one needs goals :o Being true to the 5/1 plan so far, despite my DH who eats pizza, fries, and muffins in front of me

Am set to sail on the Celebrity Millenium on December 3. Have never cruised before, but can't wait!!

I concur with kristiecruise those shakes with the blender are sinful :D

WOW - I didn't get any of the notices of anyone posting here until today. I just assumed nobody saw this!

Cool that there are some other TSFL/MF folks here!

I've lost about 14 lbs but we have not been faithful to the plan - so I'm glad that it's down at all.

We are going to Disney World (as my ticker says) at the end of this month and I'm frustrated that I can't stick to the plan.

At least my stomach is getting smaller - I'm noticing that I get full a lot faster even with the (very) modified TSFL.

Oh well - moving forward - and downward.

cashopgirl - my user name is TravelinGal on the mf forums

Edited by Robin12265

• 4 weeks later...

Another medifaster here, on program since mid June. down 44 lbs. I have 2 cruises planned, one in November the other end of Feb. I usually gain 5+lbs on a cruise so my goal is to maintain that week. I hope to do some type of 4+2 plan and avoid carbs as much As possible. No matter what I am gonna jump right back to the jump start as soon as I am back on land.

My screen name on MF is same as here

Cmitch9999

Chrissy

DW and I are starting the Medifast plan this week. Looks good. We have a lot of weight to lose, but with a little bit of will and effort I think we can do it.

We cruise in mid January. I am wondering for those of you who have been on a cruise and the plan what are some tips to staying as true to the 5/1 as possible? I am thinking that everything but the things we have to cook can still be done while on board?

Do you guys just go off for the time on board and then come back full force? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Going to also ask our TSFL coach as we get a little closer to the time on board.

Happy sailing to all.

BIL started earlier then we will have. He is doing good with it. Some complaints about taste, but I guess with everything new it takes some time to get use to.

Ready to get "the show on the road" as someone I know use to say all the time. Always so wonderful to hear some success stories and connect with people.

Hi MF Losers (in a good way!) :D

I am planning to go off plan during my cruise. Then I plan to go right back on plan as soon as I get back. My OFF plan though is guided by good information from the MF plan: portion sizes, lean protein's, and Lo carb greens. I will try to stay within this framework as much as possible. But I really want to enjoy my cruise and will probably drink some alcohol--staying away from the tropical drinks and beer. I, also, plan to eat at the RMS Olympic one night. But I've learned it's okay to leave food on my plate and couple of bites of this or that might be all I need.

I, also plan to make good use of the exercise facilities there. So, maybe I won't gain too much. My cruise is in December, so I will let you know how it turns out!

Hi MF Losers (in a good way!) :D

I am planning to go off plan during my cruise. Then I plan to go right back on plan as soon as I get back. My OFF plan though is guided by good information from the MF plan: portion sizes, lean protein's, and Lo carb greens. I will try to stay within this framework as much as possible. But I really want to enjoy my cruise and will probably drink some alcohol--staying away from the tropical drinks and beer. I, also, plan to eat at the RMS Olympic one night. But I've learned it's okay to leave food on my plate and couple of bites of this or that might be all I need.

I, also plan to make good use of the exercise facilities there. So, maybe I won't gain too much. My cruise is in December, so I will let you know how it turns out!

Yes please let us know how things go. Also let us know struggles you have on board and those successes. Sounds like you have some good ideas of how to do well on board.

Happy sailing and happy losing :D

I am one day in.

The food is pretty good. I mean there is a lot worse out there and even some of the things that I thought i would not like tasted good. As you can see taste is pretty important to me.

DW is a wonderful support. BIL is doing the program as well but without the support at home. Some of the little stories that he all ready has shows me just how much I benefit from my DW.

I know I am no where near a success story, but am 3.4 down from initial weigh in which also means I am 14.4 down from my high water mark. DW says I am sandbagging by saying that i am down from that high water mark because I did not start there on MF. I know she is still proud of me but she can be pretty competitive. I told her don't think of it that way think of it as we have 346 pounds to lose together (or more then one of me) so each time I lost it is a positive for both of us. She did like that.

Sounds like DW is getting up now .... drum roll please ... .... down 5.8 which is 9.2 from yesterday 20.2 overall. Hooray for us!

I am one day in.

The food is pretty good. I mean there is a lot worse out there and even some of the things that I thought i would not like tasted good. As you can see taste is pretty important to me.

DW is a wonderful support. BIL is doing the program as well but without the support at home. Some of the little stories that he all ready has shows me just how much I benefit from my DW.

I know I am no where near a success story, but am 3.4 down from initial weigh in which also means I am 14.4 down from my high water mark. DW says I am sandbagging by saying that i am down from that high water mark because I did not start there on MF. I know she is still proud of me but she can be pretty competitive. I told her don't think of it that way think of it as we have 346 pounds to lose together (or more then one of me) so each time I lost it is a positive for both of us. She did like that.

Sounds like DW is getting up now .... drum roll please ... .... down 5.8 which is 9.2 from yesterday 20.2 overall. Hooray for us!

Day two .... down 4.4 (7.8 on MF) .... ..... DW down 3.2 (9.0 on MF) which is 16.8 on MF and 27.8 overall... In the words of the Monies "I am a believer" !!! !!! !!!

Hi,

I have one of the "bullet type" blenders. It comes with a cup attachment. Put the measured water, mix, add ice. I usually shake it before I blend. It is almost as good as a real milk shake. Feels like you are cheating.

Thanks for the tip... went to Target and bought one yesterday afternoon and have tried it for a few things. I have to agree with you 100% Thank you.

Down 1 (21.2 since February) more pound today and DW is down 2.4 ... 4 days in (on MF) and we have lost 22.8 together. It really does work.

Having will power during the work week is rough. I never realized it much before but the more I stress the more I eat... or tell myself I need to eat. I have not expereinced hunger much ... however I find myself desiring all types of bad foods.

Well the day is just about over. Have a great night!

Edited by ncovert

Hey NCOVERT-

Hang in there!! After the first week -10 days, those "stress cravings" for bad things WILL go away. You are almost there!! :) The program materials say 2-5 days, but if you are a "foodie" like me, it takes longer.

Hey NCOVERT-

Hang in there!! After the first week -10 days, those "stress cravings" for bad things WILL go away. You are almost there!! :) The program materials say 2-5 days, but if you are a "foodie" like me, it takes longer.

Thank you for the supportive words. I need to just keep plugging away!

Week one loss - 12.6 :)

DW week one loss - 16.6 :D

total loss - 29.2 :eek: ... from week one.

We realize thee loss is going to slow down to about 2 to 5 pounds a week. Nice kickoff to a healthy life!!!

Medifast and Take Shape For Life continues to work

10 days in and I am down 16.8 pounds and Dw is down 20.4 pounds!

The average advertised weight loss per week is 2 to 5 pounds. I have a lot of weight to lose which is probably why I have lost more. Wish I had investigated it sooner!

HEY EVERYONE!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCESS WITH MEDIFAST!! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO TRY IT BUT AFRAID IT MAY TASTE TERRIBLE. i'VE DONE NUTRISYSTEM AND JENNY CRAIG. JENNY CRAIG'S FOOD WAS GOOD BUT NUTRISYSTEM'S TASTE WAS NOT GOOD. BUT THE WEIGHT LOSS WITH MEDIFAST SEEMS INCREDIBLE. EVEN IT IS A BIT PRICY MAYBE I'LL JUST GET THE 2 WEEK PACKAGE AND SEE HOW IT GOES. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO START OFF RIGHT, EXERCISING WHILE ON THE PLAN OR ANY SUGGESTIONS IN GENERAL? I JUST LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING BEFORE I MAKE THE INVESTMENT. THANK YOU!!:D

kAREN

HEY EVERYONE!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCESS WITH MEDIFAST!! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO TRY IT BUT AFRAID IT MAY TASTE TERRIBLE. i'VE DONE NUTRISYSTEM AND JENNY CRAIG. JENNY CRAIG'S FOOD WAS GOOD BUT NUTRISYSTEM'S TASTE WAS NOT GOOD. BUT THE WEIGHT LOSS WITH MEDIFAST SEEMS INCREDIBLE. EVEN IT IS A BIT PRICY MAYBE I'LL JUST GET THE 2 WEEK PACKAGE AND SEE HOW IT GOES. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO START OFF RIGHT, EXERCISING WHILE ON THE PLAN OR ANY SUGGESTIONS IN GENERAL? I JUST LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING BEFORE I MAKE THE INVESTMENT. THANK YOU!!:D

kAREN

The success I have had is above the "advertised" weight loss, which is 2 to 5 pounds per week

Most all of the foods I have found I like (I do not like the oatmeal and neither does my DW). There is a pretty larger variety of foods.

While on plan exercise is dependant compared with what you were doing before you started. If you were not exercising before then you are encouraged to not exercise any in the first two to three weeks to allow your body get use it the lower calories. If you were exercising they encourage you to reign back the amount of exercise for the the first two or three weeks. The plan says to do no more then 45 minutes of strenuous exercise. After the first three weeks.

As for the price... if you do it through Medifast directly I am told it cost about $1000 to sign up and then are charged for food. I am on Medifast but through Take Shape For Life which provides a personal coach who will help you get set up, be there to provide assistance and help you through any struggles that you may encounter. The TSFL plan cost on average between $275 and $320 per month.

Also the Medifast plan has a 5 and 1 format. Basically you can eat any of the meals from Medifast five times a day every two to three hours. The other meal, the one, has you eat a lean serving of protein (we love our salmon, 99/1 ground turkey, and ma-hi ma-hi) one time a day. You can eat your 1 time in the day.

The thing I like about TSFL is the goals are about becoming healthy all around and not just losing weight. If you are interested in hearing about it more my coach is great. Email at hotmail with my screen name before the "@" with a number to contact you and I am sure she would be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

Whatever you choose I hope it will be successful for you.

HEY EVERYONE!!!

kAREN

I also did Medifast and it really worked for me! I lost about 23 pounds in 6 weeks and then a few more in a "modified transition" stage. I think transition is really the key to the whole thing ... if you don't do it, the weight will come back quick!

I did Nutrisystem in the past and I much preferred Medifast. It was simpler and the food didn't gross me out as much. Some of the Nutrisystem stuff was really questionable. Also, I found the cost to be better with Medifast. I did it directly through MF, not with TSFL, and it wasn't anywhere near $1000 to start. In fact, there were no start-up costs, just the food costs. I did 2 week orders every time although I think it is probably cheaper in the long run to order more at once.

I am planning on going back on Medifast in January and this time my boyfriend is planning on doing it with me. A really great website that I used for lean & green recipes is http://www.lighterrecipes.com/p/medifast.html. I hope that link works. If not, just Google "Sandy's Kitchen Medifast" and it should come up. I highly recommend the taco salad and cauliflower pizza!