Whats going on with the Costa Concordia??

paulgraff

All of the experts on this board, whose total maritime experience consists of drinking mai-tais while sitting on their balconies have exhausted themselves with speculation and conjecture. With the next disaster there will be new fields to pontificate.

All of the experts on this board, whose total maritime experience consists of drinking mai-tais while sitting on their balconies have exhausted themselves with speculation and conjecture. With the next disaster there will be new fields to pontificate.

Not quite true. There are at least three of us who have some knowledge of the marine salvage business. I learned a great deal from my friendship with Captain John Roen, who was a very talented and daring salvor in addition to operating his own fleet of steamships, tugs and barges for many years.

I check the news daily and watch the web cam. I see progress in laying the ground work for the righting and eventual removal of the hulk. There has not been much worth mentioning going on right now.

Doc

I totally agree with DocF.......a number of us here have considerable amount of Maritime background and exprience. We don't always agree, but we enjoy the discussion and debate.

Frankly, since we don't have all the details and facts and since you can't take the Media reports as total fact either, of course we can't state absolutes and use our background to speculate and conjecture.

So if you read and consider the opinions posted maybe you could do more then be rude and a smart a***s from your computer chair.

AKK

Archived