We left something in our cabin last week? how can we get it back?

World Gallery

Maybe the DS wanted to stay behind for a B2B cruise.

i'm sure what ever was left behind was taken to lost and found.

I think if it didnt appear to be worth much, it might get thrown away?

I leave books behind that I finished all the time ...it is hard for a steward to know what is trash and what is valuable for some things.

I too am wondering what the OP mean by DS. lol

I rarely hear about people getting their lost items back from Carnival. Wonder what they do with all the stuff they find that wouldn't be useful to them such as a closet of someone's clothes. Do they just throw the stuff out, or turn it in & it goes to a black hole? Keep it? Rhetorical questions, I know. But on land, seems to be a higher success rate getting lost items back from hotels & such.

On the last cruise I left two entire outfits, shorts and tops. You know how the drawers are really deep, I think I partially pulled one out, took out the close and then pushed it back in forgetting the rest of my stuff. I called Carnival and they never found a thing, BUT they did remind me that if you have travel insurance you can file a claim.

Here is the crucial part, YOU MUST FILE A CLAIM WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY IMMEDIATELY UPON YOUR RETURN, NOT THE NEXT DAY!!!

When I called Carnival to file a report is was the Sat. I returned, so ok, BUT was told to call back on Monday to a special department. Once my insurance company found that I called the speciality department on Monday, they tried to deny my claim, but Carnvial did intervene on my behalf verifying my initial call was on Saturday.

Bottom line, check out yourself the day you get home.

With that said I sure hope your daughter gets her video game back!!! If not check out EBAY as they have gently used ones. Lydia

I rarely hear about people getting their lost items back from Carnival. Wonder what they do with all the stuff they find that wouldn't be useful to them such as a closet of someone's clothes. Do they just throw the stuff out, or turn it in & it goes to a black hole? Keep it? Rhetorical questions, I know. But on land, seems to be a higher success rate getting lost items back from hotels & such.

One reason is because there are people out there (who have posted here) that won't turn items in to lost and found because they don't trust the crew to 'do the right thing' and get it to the owner. For some reason, they may think they will have better success finding the owner by bringing it back to THEIR house and then posting here on CC that they found an item in their cabin.

Just a friendly reminder folks...if you find something in your cabin that isn't yours, PLEASE turn it in to Guest Services. They really do have a far better chance of getting it back to the rightful owner than you do.

I hope you get the DS back.

We have had no luck when we've left things behind. My DH left a brand new electric razor once and a pair of shoes another time. We called about the razor within a couple of hours of leaving the ship. Nothing was found!

The shoes were almost new and we called the next day, but again no luck.

I don't know if the cabin stewards threw the razor out or if he decided it was a good prize for him or if the new passengers in the cabin decided the razor was a special treat. As far as the shoes, I wonder where they went. They were under the bed and my DH has small feet, so I am more inclined that they were used by someone on the ship than the next passenger.

I also lost a watch on a Carnival tender to Grand Cayman. I knew the tender number and realized I didn't have my watch about 10 minutes after we debarked in Grand Cayman. I waited for the tender to return and of course no one found it. I do think, though, that a passenger or tender person found my watch. It was never turned in to the ship even though I checked daily.

My thoughts are that if you lose it, consider it gone and never to be returned.

On our very first cruise we left an iPod in the cabin. We realized it when we got in the car but they wouldn't let us go back in and get it. We called carnival from our car and filed the claim but we never got it back. I was really upset because we could have ran back in and found it but they just wouldn't let us.

So, the lesson we learned is if you forget something, it's gone for good:mad:

Last year, a friend we were traveling with left his video camera on a Holland America ship. HE discovered it was gone about 3 or 4 hours later, the hotel we were staying at in Rio called the port and the video camera was found and brought to the hotel...

Great service I would say.

On our very first cruise we left an iPod in the cabin. We realized it when we got in the car but they wouldn't let us go back in and get it. We called carnival from our car and filed the claim but we never got it back. I was really upset because we could have ran back in and found it but they just wouldn't let us.

So, the lesson we learned is if you forget something, it's gone for good:mad:

DITTO only mine was a zune. Hope they liked country music:eek:

I left an expensive pair on sunglasses on our table on the Lido in December. I noticed that I didn't have them about 30 seconds after we left and made a quick turn around to retrieve them. You guessed it: they were gone! I figure that they sprouted legs and ran away. Is there any other possible explanation? (And yes, I did check with Guest Services daily to see if they made their way to the lost and found, with no luck.) Lesson learned!

We were in the Atrium of the Pride waiting to get off the ship. Someone was in an awful hurry because they left their large camera bag with lens, etc sitting in the chair besides me.

The asst cruise director opened the bag--thankfully the bag had the persons name on it and she walked over to see if the person has dinged out yet and when--- he did about 15 minutes ago.

Another 15 minites go by and she got a call on her walkie talkie that someone was asking about a camera bag--- one of the dancers walked it to the person.

My daughter left her DS in the cabin. We were on the Carnival Triumph last week. How do we get it back? Do I call the cruise line or the Port of New Orleas? What are our chances of getting it back?

Thanks!

If it's turned in after 14 days from your return - Carnival keeps it. I left a ring in the room after my Oct Freedom cruise. I called Lost and Found immediately after getting home and continued to email with them for over a month. The ring was never turned in - or so they say.

My husband left his cell phone in the bottom of the safe once. Carnival said that it takes about 3 weeks for lost and found items to arrive back in Miami where everything is returned to.

We never saw it again, but it had been used several times the day we disembarked...before we were able to cancel!!!:mad:

OP, It will help if you go to the roll call of the Triump and ask someone to do you the favor of asking your cabin steward if they found the item you forgot in your cabin.

I recently did that favor for someone who forgot their professional photos in their cabin. I talked with their cabin steward and he said the procedure is that if his assistants find anything that was forgotten they will give it to the cabin steward to give it to the lost & found. The item goes all the way to Miami Corp. Office. You don't get the item until weeks later.

The bad news is that the cabin cleaners threw the photos away when they cleaned the cabin. The Photo Dept. said it would be impossible to find copies of their photos because they don't have the names or the cabin numbers on the photos. They would have to search thousands of photos and would have to know what the person looked like. "WHEW"....

My sister had lost her super expensive camera and had heard that a ship photograher had found it. She ran to the Photo dept. and asked for her camera. They said they didn't have it.

My sister told them that she was going to tell the Captain of the ship that someone in the Photo Dept. stole her camera. She told them you better find my camera.

She went back to her cabin and the camera was sent to her right away.

My sister is the type of person that would have tracked down the Captain and file charges against the Photo Dept. She had proof they had the camera.

Archived