Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo

wildr1der

Hey All,

Has anyone been to the Bermuda aquarium and zoo recently? More specifically has anyone done the excursion through Royal that includes the sightseeing cruise? The reason I ask is because Royal lists the excursion as only 2 hours and we're wondering if that's enough time to see they entire zoo. I also understand that it'd be cheaper to take the bus there ourselves and just pay admission but we'll be with a 2 year old and thought the boat ride over there would be fun. Has anyone done either recently? Thanks for any input. We'll be there at the end of September and am looking for fun things to do with our daughter.

Pete

Hey All,

Has anyone been to the Bermuda aquarium and zoo recently? More specifically has anyone done the excursion through Royal that includes the sightseeing cruise? The reason I ask is because Royal lists the excursion as only 2 hours and we're wondering if that's enough time to see they entire zoo. I also understand that it'd be cheaper to take the bus there ourselves and just pay admission but we'll be with a 2 year old and thought the boat ride over there would be fun. Has anyone done either recently? Thanks for any input. We'll be there at the end of September and am looking for fun things to do with our daughter.

Pete

It is a small zoo and a small aquarium. Should be plenty of time. In my opinion it is only worth going to visit if taking younger children.

It is a small zoo and a small aquarium. Should be plenty of time. In my opinion it is only worth going to visit if taking younger children.

We were planning on making that part of our full day exploration of Bermuda. Is it really not worth the trip for adults? There is so much to see and do in Bermuda, that I would hate to be disappointed, thinking I could have spent more time in St. George, the beach etc.

We were planning on making that part of our full day exploration of Bermuda. Is it really not worth the trip for adults? There is so much to see and do in Bermuda, that I would hate to be disappointed, thinking I could have spent more time in St. George, the beach etc.

Everyone will have their own opinions, but as an adult traveling without children I wouldn't bother going to BAMZ, particularly if you've been to a decently-sized zoo or aquarium elsewhere.

By the way, I feel the same way about the caves.

We did go to all of these places decades ago when cruising with our then preteen son, but haven't done so in our many trips to Bermuda since then.

IMO the Crystal Cave in Bermuda is definitely worth a visit. It is a beautiful cave with lots of huge stalactites and stalagmites, fully lit, with a floating dock over crystal clear water. As a guided tour it's also quite entertaining. There are actually two caves; the other, Fantasy Cave, is not a nice as the Crystal Cave IMO... but you can visit both if you wish. After seeing the caves you could taxi onto St George which is about ten minutes away. One drawback; there are many stairs to get down into the cave, which could be an issue for some folks.

IMO the Crystal Cave in Bermuda is definitely worth a visit. It is a beautiful cave with lots of huge stalactites and stalagmites, fully lit, with a floating dock over crystal clear water. As a guided tour it's also quite entertaining. There are actually two caves; the other, Fantasy Cave, is not a nice as the Crystal Cave IMO... but you can visit both if you wish. After seeing the caves you could taxi onto St George which is about ten minutes away. One drawback; there are many stairs to get down into the cave, which could be an issue for some folks.

As far as the caves, for people who have never been in a cave, and don't think they will ever visit another cave, I think Crystal caves is worth a visit. I was underwhelemed but that was because I had visited large spectacular caves in the United States. Crystal Cave is literally nothing, and ditto for Fantasy cave. compared for example to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. And there are many spectacular huge caves and cave systems in the US.

Edited by Charles4515

Hey All,

Pete

We were 4 adults ages ranging from late 30's to early 50's. We visited the zoo on our own utilizing the bus and ferry. The zoo is small but I think 2 hours would still be rushing through. I guess it depends on how long you take to look at each animal. I wouldn't book it through the cruise line it's too expensive for what it is.

If you have no interest in animals and fish then you will be wasting your time. We enjoyed it. It was a very nice zoo but don't expect it to be the Bronx or San Diego zoo. It had a lot of natural landscaping so at times it made it difficult to see the animals. You don't need a full day to see the zoo. We did the zoo and Hamilton on one of the two days that we were there.

Edited by Iamcruzin

• 1 month later...

Not sure I understand. Is the Aquarium and zoon all one place with one price or are they separate? Also I heard of a place called Devil's Hole is it also at the same place or somewhere different?

We sail to Bermuda with our 2 year old granddaughter in less than 2 weeks.

Not sure I understand. Is the Aquarium and zoon all one place with one price or are they separate? Also I heard of a place called Devil's Hole is it also at the same place or somewhere different?

We sail to Bermuda with our 2 year old granddaughter in less than 2 weeks.

The aquarium, museum, and zoo are in one place, Flatts Village and it has one admission charge for all. It is referred to as the BAMZ. Devil's Hole is a different place at a different location. (It's not far away from the BAMZ)

Edited by Charles4515