transport from San Diego aiport to port

wencel

We're flying into SAN airport day of the cruise. We're scheduled to land at noon so that SHOULD give us enough time to get to the port. My questions are:

- Is the distance far? How long does the cab ride typically take at mid-day and roughly how much?

- We're 4 adults and 2 toddlers. Should we take 2 taxis or should I pre-arrange a car service?

Thanks for your help!

We're flying into SAN airport day of the cruise. We're scheduled to land at noon so that SHOULD give us enough time to get to the port. My questions are:

- Is the distance far? How long does the cab ride typically take at mid-day and roughly how much?

- We're 4 adults and 2 toddlers. Should we take 2 taxis or should I pre-arrange a car service?

Thanks for your help!

The airport to the pier is a short distance (probably the closer than any other airport to pier ). The cab fare is well under $10. Traffic is not heavy in SD in that area. Your cab ride will probably be under 10 minutes. We did not go from airport to pier. We had a rental car which again was in the same area and it took us under 5 minutes so I'm allowing for airport congestion(?). Enjoy your cruise!

Enjoy flying into SD. It's really a wondeful city. Just catch your cab and you'll be ther in no time.

(The fun is just skimming over the parking garage before you land.) If you have a chance, do lunch at the top of the Hyatt or tea at the Hotel Del. San Diego is such a great port!

Happy cruising!

We just left SD yesterday......visiting my bro. The airport is just around the bend from the ship, as others have said. IF you have time coming or going, try to vist Seaport Village which is right on the harbor. Lots of restaurants and boutique shops. Pleasant. Very, very pretty area on the harbor, and you can even catch a ride on a carriage driven by a bicyclist. We did that a few years ago, to Seaport. Everything is right there on a wide walkway along the harbor. ENJOY!!!!

Wow! I didn't know about the other forum. Goody... more to read!

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, it does seem easy and we'll just cab it (would walk if not for the kids). First time cruising with child = first time cruising with more than 1 carry-on luggage!

Quick question.......I am flying into SAN around 10am, and plan to have lunch in town before heading to the pier. What is the latest I can check in for my cruise (scheduled departure is 4pm)? Thanks!

rvrgirl....have you ever left from Seattle...Betcha we could give San Diego a run for their money for prettiest port to leave from.

PS...I'm from San Diego, but now call Seattle home (20 yrs)

Leaving on the Spirit in 28 days......

Lala04...since my daughter lives in SD, we aren't going to head down to the ship until about 2...if you like Mexican food (geez, I miss GOOD Mexican food), you could go to Old Town, which is not very far from the ship and you still would have plenty of time to check in

• 2 weeks later...

Have you been there lately? OLD TOWNMex Cafe? They have new owners and it is just TERRIBLE!!!

We were there with relatives inAugust. YUK Just walk across the street form the cruise port to RuthChris or down the street to Anthonys outdoor terrace for great fish chowderor grab a quick pedicab or taxi to IslandPrime on Harbor Island(near the ariport)or into downtown for a myriad of places wherer you can just read menus and pick you rfave.

Have you been there lately? OLD TOWNMex Cafe? They have new owners and it is just TERRIBLE!!!

We were there with relatives inAugust. YUK Just walk across the street form the cruise port to RuthChris or down the street to Anthonys outdoor terrace for great fish chowderor grab a quick pedicab or taxi to IslandPrime on Harbor Island(near the ariport)or into downtown for a myriad of places wherer you can just read menus and pick you rfave.

Archived