Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

And, for what it's worth, I checked the Choice Air site (that's the flights you get through the cruise line if you sail on RCCL, Celebrity or Azamara) and flights for me (Tampa to San Juan, then London to Tampa) were only $638 earlier tonight if I remember correctly. So that makes it a very affordable cruise. Except that I'm really afraid I'd gain as much weight on that one as I did on my transatlantic cruise this fall...I think I need to do cruises with lots of port days to walk off the calories! :)

Those are great quotes. ENJOY!

And, for what it's worth, I checked the Choice Air site (that's the flights you get through the cruise line if you sail on RCCL, Celebrity or Azamara) and flights for me (Tampa to San Juan, then London to Tampa) were only $638 earlier tonight if I remember correctly. So that makes it a very affordable cruise. Except that I'm really afraid I'd gain as much weight on that one as I did on my transatlantic cruise this fall...I think I need to do cruises with lots of port days to walk off the calories! :)

Those are great rates bottomfeeder...both cruise and air. If I wasn't already booked on another cruise, I would join you. Enjoy!! and thanks for posting this information.

Where are you getting your air for this one Jeff? Are you staying over a night or two?

I went with choiceair. It was a slightly more than the deals I could find, but I opted for the security of cruiseline air for this trip. I am not staying any extra. I get into San Juan about 1230...plenty of time to get to ship and go explore some...

I just booked RCCL- Enchantment of the Seas-April 13, 2013-

12 day Caribbean Escape-oceanview cabin for $886.22 after savings certificate of $225. Also got an OBC. I think a very good deal!

I think we got the same deal!! I just booked this as well. My price was a tad higher but I prepaid the gratuities!! and they gave me an obc.

woot woot.

I booked an ocean view guarantee that they assigned quickly. So I called and moaned about being up front, port holes instead of windows, under the anchor.. and low and behold I got moved just back of midship!! Still deck 2, but I do not mind. So looking forward to a bonus day in Aruba and all those wonderful days at sea.

This is my check on whether I can do a transatlantic. I think so, and from what Ive been reading, if you wait a bit, you can get great deals. so maybe 2014!!

See you on board!!

Kathleen

I went with choiceair. It was a slightly more than the deals I could find, but I opted for the security of cruiseline air for this trip. I am not staying any extra. I get into San Juan about 1230...plenty of time to get to ship and go explore some...

Jeff this is fabulous. I will be leaving out of Baltimore on the same day as you leave SanJuan. Its an easy $10 drive from the airport in a cab.

have a great trip!!

Kathleen

I think we got the same deal!! I just booked this as well. My price was a tad higher but I prepaid the gratuities!! and they gave me an obc.

woot woot.

I booked an ocean view guarantee that they assigned quickly. So I called and moaned about being up front, port holes instead of windows, under the anchor.. and low and behold I got moved just back of midship!! Still deck 2, but I do not mind. So looking forward to a bonus day in Aruba and all those wonderful days at sea.

This is my check on whether I can do a transatlantic. I think so, and from what Ive been reading, if you wait a bit, you can get great deals. so maybe 2014!!

See you on board!!

Kathleen

I was assigned a cabin this morning and like you, it was a forward on deck 3 with portholes. I emailed my TA and was switched to an aft O/V with a picture window. So, I am happy!!!

Outstanding, maybe the upgrade fairy will visit next.

Did you get an obc from both your TA and the cruiseline?

We should talk on board!!

K

Oh, I hope the upgrade fairy visits!! I received a $225 savings certificate and a $100 OBC. I will be emerald after this cruise. Did you register for the M & G? Looks like a big group. Come on over to the roll-call to chat.

Did your TA give you some of your onboard credit?

I got $50 from RC, I am Emerald and do not really have any idea of how that all works. I know on Celebrity everyone boasts about Elite or better, I just enjoy the cruise I am on!!

Talk soon, and yes I am also over on the roll-call.

what is your name?

Just curious,

Kathleen

ps I think we have several solos on board this cruise!!

I got $50 from RC, I am Emerald and do not really have any idea of how that all works. I know on Celebrity everyone boasts about Elite or better, I just enjoy the cruise I am on!!

what is your name?

Just curious,

Kathleen

My name is Laura and I live in VA. The $225 was in the form of a savings certificate from RC (comes off the total price of the cruise). The $100 OBC was from the TA. See you on the roll-call.

what is your name?

Just curious,

Kathleen

What dining did you select? Maybe we could dine together. I hate going to the bufffet....

Laura, I also live in VA. What a small world!! You should ask your TA about Royal's $50 on board credit, perhaps you could get that too. I am dining late. I want to try chops at least one night on board. I love having the excitement of waiting for a cruise date to arrive!!

see you on the roll call.

K

Small world it is! I will ask RC about the $50 OBC. I did see it on their website, but it may not be compatible with the TA offer. We shall see.

I also selected late dining as that seems to work best on port days particularly.

See you on the roll-call.

-L

I have to admit that I really don't pay any attention to the dreaded "single supplement" - I just focus on the total price of the cabin. So, I didn't realize that today when I booked my cabin I actually received a SUPER LOW single supplement.

I waited until today to finally decide on where to go for my annual late-Feb/early-March vacation. So, when I booked my cabin today on the Caribbean Princess' Feb 23rd sailing, I found that the balconies and mini-suites were sold out. The only cabins left were a few insides and obstructed ocean views. In fact, even all of the suites were sold out - EXCEPT for the "Window Suites"

So, I booked a window suite for $2132-- which really was only about $200 more than I had planned to spend on a balcony cabin. -- But, later I found out that the price per person was $2108 - or $4216 for two. (I really couldn't believe it so I had to test it on a couple of different websites, including Princess' website.)

I'll miss having a balcony, but I'll treat myself to the Sanctuary. I'm fairly confident that this will be my only time in a suite (unless the upgrade fairy visits me), so I plan to enjoy all the perks.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this price info with everyone. Like I said, I never pay attention to the single supplement, I just look at the price and if it's reasonable and within my budget, I'll book.

I have to admit that I really don't pay any attention to the dreaded "single supplement" - I just focus on the total price of the cabin. So, I didn't realize that today when I booked my cabin I actually received a SUPER LOW single supplement.

I waited until today to finally decide on where to go for my annual late-Feb/early-March vacation. So, when I booked my cabin today on the Caribbean Princess' Feb 23rd sailing, I found that the balconies and mini-suites were sold out. The only cabins left were a few insides and obstructed ocean views. In fact, even all of the suites were sold out - EXCEPT for the "Window Suites"

So, I booked a window suite for $2132-- which really was only about $200 more than I had planned to spend on a balcony cabin. -- But, later I found out that the price per person was $2108 - or $4216 for two. (I really couldn't believe it so I had to test it on a couple of different websites, including Princess' website.)

I'll miss having a balcony, but I'll treat myself to the Sanctuary. I'm fairly confident that this will be my only time in a suite (unless the upgrade fairy visits me), so I plan to enjoy all the perks.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this price info with everyone. Like I said, I never pay attention to the single supplement, I just look at the price and if it's reasonable and within my budget, I'll book.

You will LOVE that room! I did!

Centrally located, convenient to everything. There's no way that one person can eat all the treats automatically delivered to the cabin. Ricardo should still be the steward, he'll take great care of you.

I wish I were back on the couch watching the ocean right now!

You will LOVE that room! I did!

Centrally located, convenient to everything. There's no way that one person can eat all the treats automatically delivered to the cabin. Ricardo should still be the steward, he'll take great care of you.

I wish I were back on the couch watching the ocean right now!

Thanks. That's wonderful to hear. I'm really looking forward to all the suite perks - expecially having breakfast at Sabatini's every morning.

It's also good to hear that the cabin (oops "Suite") steward comes highly recommended. I'll let Ricardo know he has a fan.

NCL has some good prices on their Pacific Coastal cruises this May. You still pay the 200% supplement but the rates have dropped so low that they are not too bad. I looked at a 7 day trip out of LA leaving on May 8th, and a guarantee inside had a total price of $771.54 including taxes and port charges. Other cabins are higher but still not to bad. Stops in San Francisco, Astoria, Victoria, Naimiomi, and ends in Vancouver.

Can't see a lot of posts here from Europeans but MSC Divina is doing transatlantic on 2 november 2013 at no single supplement and very cheap for an 18 night cruise. (It's probably the same for U.S residents) It leaves from Venice and calls at Malta, Malaga, Madeira, St Thomas, St Marten, Puerto rico, Nassau then Miami.

Hi Teddy,

Good to see some participation on this subject from the UK. I'm hoping other people looking for single cabin deals will find this forum . The MSC divina cruise 2/11/13 (18 night ) I mentioned above I booked through cruisevillage .co.uk . It was £1059 inside for the 18 night cruise plus 2 nights post cruise at the colony hotel ,art deco district, Miami it also includes flights from gatwick to Venice and Miami to Heathrow. It did not include transfers.

I thought this was a great deal for solo travellers so hopefully someone will see this post and pass it on to their single friends. I only booked a couple of days ago so should still be available. I know transatlantic cruises do tend to be cheaper but most float about the med for a week or so (not always great in november) before speeding straight across to Miami, this one is literally giving you a full carribean cruise . Some of the prices I have been quoted for a solo cruise are laughable so this was a fantastic price.

• 3 weeks later...

So I was only looking around, getting quotes. Loved the fact that the Grand Princess just went through a retrofit and is a local port for me meaning no airfare.

Quote for a solo Cat OZ (obstructed ocean view cabin) is $3,192.56 for a 15 night cruise. Deposit is $100. I couldn't believe that an obstructed ov is much cheaper then an inside. So I decided to put a deposit down. This is the first time I booked so far in advance.

Faith

Edited by Faith77