Escape-sauna/steam room question

agiuscourtney

Yes the Escape's sauna and steam room are part of the spa and require the pass. However, the spa is exceptional on the NCL newer ships - in addition to the sauna (with a beautiful view) and steam room, there is also a Sanarium, Salt room, a Snow room, Multi-head showers, thelassotherapy pool with multiple jets that work different parts of the body, PLUS . . .heated ceramic loungers and padded loungers with floor to ceiling forward facing views of the ocean. The spa pass is available for purchase online (with a slight discount off the onboard price). Worth it!

In agreement with others, the SPA is well worth it on the Escape. I will definitely book it again next year. I used it a lot more than I expected to and it made the whole cruise a much better experience.

I would bring my nice clothes etc and leave them in the locker. Afterwards, I would use the showers in the locker room, They are huge and wonderful and have shampoo and gel. I would get dressed for the evening there, drop my bag back off at the room and be ready to go. Loved it!

Edited by TonyFred

I watched your video, looks like you had an amazing time. If you don't mind my asking what excursion you booked to go to the Baths at virgin gorda? I am looking to do that however it seems everywhere I look its pretty expensive. Who did you book through? what was the cost? Thanks!

Edited by agiuscourtney

Yes the Escape's sauna and steam room are part of the spa and require the pass. However, the spa is exceptional on the NCL newer ships - in addition to the sauna (with a beautiful view) and steam room, there is also a Sanarium, Salt room, a Snow room, Multi-head showers, thelassotherapy pool with multiple jets that work different parts of the body, PLUS . . .heated ceramic loungers and padded loungers with floor to ceiling forward facing views of the ocean. The spa pass is available for purchase online (with a slight discount off the onboard price). Worth it!

I watched your video, looks like you had an amazing time. If you don't mind my asking what excursion you booked to go to the Baths at virgin gorda? I am looking to do that however it seems everywhere I look its pretty expensive. Who did you book through? what was the cost? Thanks!

I am going for the next cruise on Jewel. Is sauna/steam room there available for spa pass holders only - like on newer ships as described above ?

On the Jewel there is a locker room off the gym that has a shower and steam room in it, no spa pass required. At least in the women's room it did.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked through NCL. -- The time in Tortola is very short with all aboard at 2:30 p.m. Virgin Gorda is another island - about a 40/45 min boat ride -- Given the time restriction I felt more comfortable on an NCL sponsored excursion. $85 Adults $61 kids -- Activity level 3 is accurate-- there were some tight places and slick rocks -- you do have to be careful.

Edited by ginazgifs
include quote