Ballerina Jewelers

Was wondering if anyone knows anything about Ballerina Jewelers. Several acquanitances have recommended them to be, but have been unable to find any boards mentioning them. They have locations in both St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Thanks for the info in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

On our cruise two years ago for our 20th anniversary my husband bought a new ring for me at Ballerina. They were helpful and accomodating, not pushy.

When we got home and had the ring appraised, it was more than double what he paid. I cant wait for our Feb 2006 cruise when we can go back there

Gary - Once when I bought a gemstone at a US jewelery store I asked the owner what he had in a particular stone. He reached into his pant's pocket and pulled out 3-4 stones then showed them to me in the palm of his hand.

Now the guy's doing time for fencing stolen estate jewelry! :eek:

Thank you, gt, CB and kal. I've heard St. Maarten is a good place to buy loose gemstones but have been unable to pin down the best place. This gives me a place to start. All info is a great help. Thanks again. mems

• 1 year later...

Ballerina is the only jeweler I go to now in St. Maarten. A friend of mine put me on to them and said to mention his name there. Well, I was treated like royalty, and their prices I have found to be extremely good. I really appreciate the non-pushy sales approach too. I've never seen them on the "approved" list, but I think that list is merely the shops that give a kick-back to the cruise line. With my travel agent background, I know how that game works...

• 3 months later...

Bought a 25th anniversary ring for dear wife at Ballerina's on the 16th. Have bought from them before and been happy. Ship sailed that night and my wife was looking at ring later and noticed one of the diamond bagettes were missing. she was paniced. Stop next morning was in St. Thomas. Called Ballerina's there expecting the worst. James assured us to not worry. Bring the ring in and they would make it right. 2 hours later my wife was a happy camper. Thanks to Ballerina's for standing behind product

• 2 years later...

We did not experience anything positive at ballerina jewelers in st. Thomas, once we arrived home in ny we found out that their value was missing and their diamonds were of very very poor quality ....

Missing stones is nothing compared to what we just went thru at ballerina jewelers in st. Thomas !!!! Poor quality diamonds and cannot say anything positive about that store from our fellow passangers and friends either!!!!!

We found them to not have quality merchandise you were one of the lucky ones we assume!!!!!

We are from new york and i must say once we brought their braceletthat we purchased in their st thomas store to very reputable jewelers it was appraised for 1/4 the value BALLERINA said it was worth! Pooooor quality diamonds, poor color, lots of inclusions that noone sees and no jewelery store would even think of selling such commercial merchandise here on long island they said it was a "tourist rip off" never again my friend,,,we are telling everyone we know to stay clear of this store!

do not even think of shopping there if you are a smart shopper!

Edited by LauraS

• 1 year later...

We have had many great experiences with Ballerina. The merchandise purchased was well worth the moneyafter having it appraised at home. As an example of their friendliness and willing nto help customers, I took my wife on a cruise for her 60th birthday ( she still cliams 29) and our annkiversary. I had called our salesman and worked out a deal for a necklace. He wrapped it, I sent the completed cards to him. He put it all together. When we walked in everyone their started singing Happy Birthday to her and they had a cake for her. She was so surprised and they did a FANTASTIC job. Great necklace, also. The friendliness and honesty is worth more then the Jewelery. We deal with on e particular salesman and we are going the end of August 2010.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was in St. Thomas in 2007, and a friend had recommended that I check out that store. The people were so sweet, and the prices were a bit inflated, as were all the store prices on the strip; but they really, really worked with me. I was looking for a specific ring; which I had made up in my head; and drove my husband crazy looking for it up and down the street for hours. Ballerina had the ring in my head; it was priced at over $4500. We settled on $1200 and they took a credit card; they didn't insist on cash. In addition, they sent me an appraisal to my home in Florida. Although the appraisal said $1600, the exact same ring was $3500 at Jarod's in 2007, and I passed the same ring in the window of Mayors yesterday; and it was $9800. The price of gold has gone up alot since then. My stones are so white and sparkly. The other stores on the strip had yellowish or greyish stones; unless you spend over $10,000.

I love this ring. It is so strong. With 5 strands of pave diamonds, and my lifestyle, you'd think that I would have lost a stone; but i haven't. I never wear gloves in water and I bang it around all day. I receive complements on it all the time, and I remember they had the best prices of blue diamonds back then as well.

They have another store in St. Marteen; much larger and more beautiful displays; but the prices were higher and not as negotiable as the St. Thomas location.

Edited by B67
Spelling

• 4 months later...

Bought a 5 diamond necklace at Ballerina's. I have been more than pleased. So many compliments. I wear it with casual and dress. They were not on the list of jewelry stores to shop at.

• 2 years later...
Was wondering if anyone knows anything about Ballerina Jewelers. Several acquanitances have recommended them to be, but have been unable to find any boards mentioning them. They have locations in both St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Thanks for the info in advance.

We have been dealing with Ballerina jeweler a in St. Thomas since the 1992,

They have always given us the best prices and quality jewelry.

We have recommended a lot of people to them and they were always very happy and became repeat customers.

James the owner and his family have become friends as they never forget anyone and treat everyone the same with respect and with the best service and prices on in the V.I.

We go almost every year just o buy jewelry from them especially around Christmas time.

Some very sad news concerning the St. Maarten location of Ballerina Jewelers. We stopped by May 16, 2013 and learned that OUR favorite salesman, Andy, had passed away two days before our arrival.

We have shopped with Ballerina and Andy for five years and had never been steered wrong. We were so sad to hear our favorite salesman would not be at the store any longer. We will miss his friendliness and wonderful smile.

Yes, we'll continue to stop by and shop there if given the opportunity.

• 5 months later...

I was in St. Maarten in November and went to the Jewelry Boutique which is part of Ballerina jewelers. I had heard good things and couldn't be happier with them. They were not pushy and had exactly what I was looking for. I dealt with Ronnie who was great. When I got home I realized a diamond was missing in one of my earrings. I called and he immediately made arrangements for me to send it to their store in NY for repairs. He followed up almost daily with phone calls and emails to make sure that I sent it and that it was received. He also confirmed that when I got it back that everything was satisfactory. I couldn't have received better service anywhere. I would not hesitate to go back on my next trip.