Orient Beach - Best place to sit

Will be there in August - where is the best place to rent a chair with food and drinks available. Also near a bathroom. Was looking at Pirate Bar but wondered if it is in the middle of everything. I don't want to be any place where there is rocks since our grandchildren will be with us. Want the best beach areas. We were there last year and I think I noticed there was a trampoline out in the water? Does anyone know?

We were just in St. Martin 2 weekends ago and stopped at Orient Beach for a few hours. We rented some chairs and an umbrella from Coco Beach Bar & Grill (15 Euros or $23 for two chairs and umbrellas). With that cost, you have use of the outdoor shower and bathrooms. They also have a masseuse on site. You can order drinks and food from the restuarant they will bring it out for you. The food was pricey, but good. It is in the "clothing optional" side of the beach, but really didn't see many topless ladies. There were children sitting near us. I did see the trampoline, just a short walk down the beach.

We were there 3 weeks ago and parked ourselves at Pirate Beach. They have a web site that you can get a coupon for 2 chairs and 2 drinks for $12.00. We did not see anyone walk by nude or topless, but that could always happen. Bathroom was 50 cents to use. We ate our lunch there and it was good and reasonable. You could walk right in the water and it was great!!! Any questions, just ask, kmbb

We always go to Bikini Beach. They have everything you need. We took our kids there when they were younger when we went on the Radiance of the Seas. They loved the water trampoline and the "bungee jump". Its our favorite place on Orient. 101 days till our next cruise on the Adventure of the Seas (4th time) we will be going to Bikini Beach at Orient. Pray it doesnt rain.

We were there 3 weeks ago and parked ourselves at Pirate Beach. They have a web site that you can get a coupon for 2 chairs and 2 drinks for $12.00. We did not see anyone walk by nude or topless, but that could always happen. Bathroom was 50 cents to use. We ate our lunch there and it was good and reasonable. You could walk right in the water and it was great!!! Any questions, just ask, kmbb

I believe that Pirate Bar will give you a "ticket" to use the bathroom for free if you rented chairs from them. Also, there is a tiny little shop right behind Pirate bar that sells bottles of water and beer for $1 and $2, respectively.

Orient Beach actually consists of many individual sections each named after their respective beach bars. The so-called "5 stars of Orient Bay" are Kontiki, Kakao, Bikini Beach, Waikiki and Coco Beach. These are the most outrageously high priced of any on the beach. Many others are very economically priced.

Orient Beach actually consists of many individual sections each named after their respective beach bars. The so-called "5 stars of Orient Bay" are Kontiki, Kakao, Bikini Beach, Waikiki and Coco Beach. These are the most outrageously high priced of any on the beach. Many others are very economically priced.

Is the Pirate Bar an economical one?

What is the website to print off the coupon? Thanks for the tip!

St Martin/St Maarten Restaurant Coupons

Check out the photos and print out the coupon on our website. ... Pirate Beach Bar and Grill on Orient Beach: best beach, great food, cold beer, ...

www.sxm-restaurants.com/coupons.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Pirate Beach Bar & Grill Home Page (Orient Beach, St Martin)

Pirate Beach Bar on Orient Beach, On Orient Beach in Saint Martin Internet coupon | Our menu · Orient Beach Map · St Martin Map, Pirate ...

www.sxm-orientbeach.com/pirate/ - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

Orient Beach - Best place to sit - Cruise Forums - Cruise Message ...

We were there 3 weeks ago and parked ourselves at Pirate Beach. They have a web site that you can get a coupon for 2 chairs and 2 drinks for $12.00. ...

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14997024 - 76k - Cached - Similar pages

We loved Bikini Beach and thought it was very reasonable, had great food, a clean bathroom, little gift area, great chairs and umbrellas and it was quiet. A perfect beach day.

I would love to know the price of using these comfortable chairs and umbrellas.

This is a very useful thread, thanks to all who have posted. Will be there in August off the Mariner with wife and two 18-year old girls, none of whom want to be on the more clothing optional beaches. Can anyone suggest a section of the beach where we can find decent and economical food, drink, chairs, umbrella, and bathroom use but not be exposed to too much nudity? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in St. Maarten in Aug. We went to Divi Little Bay in Dec. so we wanted to try another beach. We are trying to figure out if it would be better to go on our own or take the cruise excursion to Orient Beach. It includes lunch, drinks, chairs, and transportation for $54/adult and $38/child. That would be a a total of $222 for a family of 5. Could we do this cheaper on our own?

If we went to Bikini Beach how much for transportation to and from the beach by taxi, food, chairs and umbrellas, and water?

Trying to decide soon so I can cancel with RCCL if needed.

Thanks for the help!

If you go on your own you should expect to pay:

* Taxi (RT) $12-$14/person

* Chair/umbrella $7/person

* Lunch ~$9-$12/person

* Beverage: one free per person

* Bathroom: included

That comes to about $28-$33/person UNLESS you go to Bikini Beach. In that case it will be much higher as their prices are extremely high (spelled gouge).

I really don't see any reason to take an excursion.

Thanks Kal,

We were planning on going to Bikini Beach because so many have recommended it on the forum. Where should we go to get the prices you mentioned? We will be with our 3 young girls 11,10,6.

Want access to a bathroom, shower to rinse off the sand, food, drinks, and chairs/umbrellas.

What would the price difference be if we went to Bikini Beach?

One of the reasons many people recommend Bikini Beach is because that's where the excursions herd together many, many cruisers. It's an absolute zoo where all the beach vendors hit that area like bees on sugar.

There are a number of places where those prices are common. One is The Pirate.

Hubby and I went to Orient Beach last June.

Take a cab to Orient Beach. It's about a half hour ride. The cabbie will drop you off probably in the center of the beach. If you go to the right--that's the nude beach. If you go to the left, which is where there are more choices for restaurants and other things, but you'll have less chance of nude/topless bathers walking by.

Hubby and I went to Orient Beach last June.

Take a cab to Orient Beach. It's about a half hour ride. The cabbie will drop you off probably in the center of the beach. If you go to the right--that's the nude beach. If you go to the left, which is where there are more choices for restaurants and other things, but you'll have less chance of nude/topless bathers walking by.

Just a reminder that (optional) topless sunbathing/beaching is allowed on all parts of all beaches on the French side. There may be many or only a few topless women, and they won't necessarily be "walking by." They could just as easily have rented a lounger and umbrella close by. How much toplessness there will be varies from day to day and season to season, so there's really no way to know in advance. There seems to be less toplessness the further to the left you go. I don't know if Bikini, being mobbed by cruise pax, typically has more, less, or the same numbers of topless women as other areas. I do know that there is usually more toplessness at the Pedro's/Baywatch/The Pirate end of the beach (nearest Club Orient, the fully clothing optional resort).

beachchick

Bikini Beach has many, many rows of chairs and that's probably one of the reasons there is always a mob of cruisers herded into that location. However, the adjacent bars (Waikiki & LaPlaya) always have a high frequency of topless sunbathing women. That's largely because their beach service is included with the adjacent hotel accomodations. Even then, except for the mob of cruisers, topless sunbathing is quite prevalent through out Orient.

Additionally, in the low-season months such as May thru October, there are generally fewer European visitors and thus less topless sunbathing.

We are going on the Mariner this August again for the upteenth time. We always hit Cool Corner i believe, right next to forbidden fruits swimsuits and next to Kon Tiki. It seems like the loungers/umbrella/drink is $7/8 per person for 2. Their drinks and food are reasonable. You may well have some topless bathers with you, and walking on the beach can occur anywhere. Some naturist walk at times but usually don some type of coverup , maybe, lol. Just remember, most of those in the undress might have considered staying dressed, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all came into this world with our birthday suits. Have a great day and yes, we usually take our own cab and not the ship excursion.. Am considering a different beach.. Any suggestons??? LRSKier

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all this great info. I am trying to decide to go to Orient and then, where to sit. No kids and we are indifferent about nudity but not crazy about crowds. Love to hear suggestions.

Is pirate beach on Orient?

Thanks for all this great info. I am trying to decide to go to Orient and then, where to sit. No kids and we are indifferent about nudity but not crazy about crowds. Love to hear suggestions.

Is pirate beach on Orient?

Yes

Link to the Orient photorama. Pirate is at the left, top reference

http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

Archived