Walking from Fulton Garage?

amberdc87

I am looking at booking Fulton Garage for our November Cruise out of NOLA. I see that a shuttle does run from the garage to the port. What I would like to know is it easy to walk from the garage to the port? Or do you have to take the shuttle for some reason?

Also, we will have 7 of us, between 2 cars, can we drop the luggage and most of the people off at the port and then take the 2 cars to the garage, then either walk or take the shuttle back over? Has anyone done this?

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!:D

Edited by amberdc87

It is walkable - 6 to 8 blocks, depending on which terminal you are leaving from (Julia or Erato Street).

You can drop off passengers & luggage at the terminal and then park, but that won't save you any time.

The easiest and quickest way would be to park and then take the shuttle. They run frequently, and it is just a short ride to the terminal.

The walk woul be a pain as it is not a straight shot. We sailed out of NOLA feb 1st. Wife and two kids under 10.

I dropped the wife and one kid off with the luggage (there is a bathroom right there) remember I said kids under 10. The other one and I parked and took the shuttle over. It tooted about 15 minutes from the time we dropped the first two off. Shuttle was a piece of cake.

Coming back, we all four just took the shuttle. No issues there either.

It is walkable - 6 to 8 blocks, depending on which terminal you are leaving from (Julia or Erato Street).

You can drop off passengers & luggage at the terminal and then park, but that won't save you any time.

The easiest and quickest way would be to park and then take the shuttle. They run frequently, and it is just a short ride to the terminal.

I really wanted to just take the shuttle; however, when I go to do a booking on the website, it now says that any number of passengers over 2, must be dropped off at port along with the luggage. It may be a knew thing, and I'm hoping it's not the case going back also. Seems kinda hectic.

I was worried about that too. We were just going to drop the luggage then all ride together on the shuttle. The bathroom issue changed that though. It was really a piece of cake. The shuttle drops you off the same place that you drop off the luggage so you can all meet right by the door.

I was amazed how easy it was, even with the kids.

I was worried about that too. We were just going to drop the luggage then all ride together on the shuttle. The bathroom issue changed that though. It was really a piece of cake. The shuttle drops you off the same place that you drop off the luggage so you can all meet right by the door.

I was amazed how easy it was, even with the kids.

Awesome. Great to know. I think we will go ahead and book the garage. The price difference is enough for me to do it. It's amazing how much of a difference in price there is.

Booking the top level for $8 a day is the way to go. Next time we are going down we are going to check into the hotel, then park at Fulton and just cab it back to the hotel.

We stayed at the Hilton Riverside and it was $35 to park one night. I could have parked at Fulton and taken a cab back for cheaper.

Booking the top level for $8 a day is the way to go. Next time we are going down we are going to check into the hotel, then park at Fulton and just cab it back to the hotel.

We stayed at the Hilton Riverside and it was $35 to park one night. I could have parked at Fulton and taken a cab back for cheaper.

That's definitly what we are going to do. Parking in NOLA is outrageous! I get that's how they make alot of their money, but geez!

• 3 weeks later...

We parked in the Fulton Garage in March for a cruise. However, we came in a day early and stayed at the Hotel across the street. It worked out great for us. We just left the luggage in the car overnight and caught the shuttle the next morning. Shuttles run very smoothly.. had no problem getting one. From cruise ship back to Fulton Garage went smoothly also with the Shuttle. You drop your baggage off at the drop off area by the garage. Only the driver goes up to get the car and drives back around to pick you up. We will definitely park there every time we take a cruise out of New Orleans.

• 3 weeks later...

We have been parking at Fulton for years. The shuttle always runs frequently and we have never had to wait to get back when the ship returns. The longest we have waited at get from the garage to the port is around 10-15 minutes. There was a small coffee shop open there last time.