IAH Hotel Near Restaurants?

sonoma03

I will be flying into IAH the night before my Royal Caribbean cruise out of Galveston, and I'm having trouble finding a hotel near IAH that has a free airport shuttle and is close to restaurants. I would rather not have to rent a car, and from the hotel reviews, it seems that practically every hotel is described as being out in the boonies and not within walking distance to restaurants. Does anyone know of a low to medium priced hotel near IAH that would fit the bill? I don't want a fancy restaurant but would prefer something other than burgers at a fast food place.

I live about 15 minutes from IAH and you have done your research well; not many restaurants in the immediate area. In fact, I really cannot think of anything that fits your requirements. Your best option may be to stay at the airport Marriott and either eat there (I have not had a reason to do so) or at some of the airport restaurants.

Terminal "E" has two restaurants that are part of a big Houston-based chain and are very good.

http://www.pappadeaux.com/home/

http://www.pappasitos.com/home/

There are many other restaurants in all the Terminals as can be found at IAH's website: http://www.fly2houston.com/iah

The airport's website has a lot of good information on many subjects. Also, note that it is very easy to move between terminals and the hotel either in the below ground trains, or outside in the elevated trams.

Normally, I would never recommend either an airport hotel or restaurant. However, in this case, maybe not so bad, especially the two restaurants mentioned above. Both are two of Houston's most popular restaurants (they are located all over the city, and around the U.S.).

You can ONLY get to those restaurants in the terminal of IAH if you have a boarding pass so that will not help you.

Many of the hotels over in Humble/Kingwood provide the airport shuttle and will take you to the local restaurants. There are many good ones in that area (HWY 59 and 1960). I use to live and work in that area and that is where I would suggest.

Thanks BrotherCraig for correcting me. I cannot believe that I wrote that post. I wish that I could claim that I was drunk or had not flown since 9/11 (I was actually on a plane when the first tower was hit). Oh well not my day. Thanks again!

Many of the hotels over in Humble/Kingwood provide the airport shuttle and will take you to the local restaurants. There are many good ones in that area (HWY 59 and 1960). I use to live and work in that area and that is where I would suggest.

That's the area where I've been looking, but so far I haven't found one in the moderate price range that offers a local shuttle. In fact, many of the hotels apparently don't operate their own shuttles, as I've read many reviews complaining that they spent an hour driving around to multiple stops before getting to the hotel that was only maybe 5 miles away. I'm looking at hotels like Super 8, Days Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Wingate, etc. If anyone knows of a hotel that definitely provides local transportation to restaurants, please share the info. Thanks!