BOSS Underwater Adventure

indianagirl

We are on the Crown Princess' 4/28/07 cruise and booked this tour through them.

Does anyone know where the dock is for the boat that takes you out?

Since our ship docks over at Crown Bay, I was hoping that we might leave from that area.

If anyone has done the Breathing Observation Submersible Scooter, your comments (good, bad or indifferent) are appreciated.

Did this in St. Thomas in 2003 and we docked at the pier at Havensight. The boat we went out on was at the dock. Just a five minute walk. It was called the BOB then.

As far as how it was- it was fantastic! Very easy to do and the crew were very helpful. Make sure you bring an underwater camera as they will take your picture for you. It used to be available in Cozumel and called the BOND. Did it there also and was great! Highly recommend it!

Becky

Becky,

So glad you enjoyed it enough to do it twice. That's always a good recommendation. Still wondering if the BOSS is at Havensight or Crown Bay dock? It could have changed since '03.

Anyone do this lately?

Please let me know if you enjoyed this after your trip! My husband is a bit sceptical. Their web site looks really great, as far as an adventure goes! BTW...we are former Hoosier raised-Boilermakers!

What is the website? I have a ten year old fearless daughter. Is it easy enough for her to control? Do they watch you closely?

• 2 years later...

I was unable to do the BOSS portion of the excursion due to ear equalizations problems. I ended up on snorkeling instead. When I inquired about a partial refund, the company declined my request twice saying I had done 1/2 the tour, which I had not since I surfaced within minutes of putting on the helmet and submerging. My wife did complete the tour and said it was mediocre at best and very short (about 1/2 hour). Additionally, the tour was supposed to run 3 1/2 hours, but we returned to the dock in less than 3 hours (they said the passengers agreed to leave early, but we were never asked). The tour ship did give me a courtesy 15% refund, but that still equated to a $120 snorkeling trip! If you think you may have a problem with claustrophobia or equalizing your ears, I wouldn't do this trip because they won't even consider a refund and you'll end up with the most expensive snorkeling trip in the S. Caribbean. The owner told me he was going to "support his employees" at the expense of the customer!:mad:

Archived