Fill in the blank: I will never _______ again!

CineGraphic

1. order grilled salmon (as long as there's a less dry choice, such as sawdust)
  2. go on an excursion where I'm told I "might get my feet wet (two river crossings waded, with the water up to my neck on one of them)
  3. book a cabin under the buffet kitchen

1. order grilled salmon (as long as there's a less dry choice, such as sawdust)
  2. go on an excursion where I'm told I "might get my feet wet (two river crossings waded, with the water up to my neck on one of them)
  3. book a cabin under the buffet kitchen

LOL, I suppose a handstand was not possible.:p

We had a bad experience the one time we cruised. It just felt like service was poor and they seemed to say "no" much more than they said yes. Granted it was also 25 years ago and things could have changed since then, but I am not willing to take the chance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Exactly how we feel about Royal Caribbean.

Husband and I dressed up for Evening Chic night on Celebrity. Had hair done ($100!) and he wore a suit and dress shoes etc. That's th only reason we had to check luggage -- to accommodate the formal wear. And immeiately after dinner, most people changed before heading to the nigh club because it was more comfortable. So next cruise we will eat in Blu on fancy dress night, skip the suit and not check bags. So there.

Husband and I dressed up for Evening Chic night on Celebrity. Had hair done ($100!) and he wore a suit and dress shoes etc. That's th only reason we had to check luggage -- to accommodate the formal wear. And immeiately after dinner, most people changed before heading to the nigh club because it was more comfortable. So next cruise we will eat in Blu on fancy dress night, skip the suit and not check bags. So there.

As you found out, evening chic doesn't require formal wear, so regardless of those who opt to change into comfy attire after dinner, you can be "evening chic" in just about anything. No suit, jacket or expensive hair required. Seems like just no shorts or bathing attire and you're good to go! Personally I miss the old ways and we enjoyed dressing up occasionally, made things feel more special, but those days are gone...so go with the flow!

Can you take a price drop after you have already booked a cabin?

Depends. Is it b4 final payment, if so you may be able to. Depends on if you booked with a TA, you can call and ask. Sometimes it may affect the booking perks you received and you may or may not have to change cabins. I have on occasion been able to get a price drop that said new bookings only, but it was far out from sailing date. My best advice is ask...if you don't, ask the answer is definitely no!

Edited by Luvcrusn
Autocorrect

Why crotchety? I never sail in December but I'm doing it this year what should I expect ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know why they said that, we often sail on X those first 2 weeks in Dec from Lauderdale or Miami. Very few kids and we always have lots of fun!:)

I will never book one of the nicest cabins on a cheap ship again!

It was so bad (my first cruise) that I didn't cruise again for about twenty years. A cheap, older ship that attracted people who live for bargains or couldn't have afforded to cruise at regular pricing. One woman was turned away for the formal night dinner and was incensed because she thought she looked good - her headband even matched her sweatsuit.

On the plus side, it was the first time I ever saw women in bathing suits and stiletto heels (other than in a beauty pageant).

• 4 months later...
We often sail the Dec 1-21 from ft Lauderdale or Mia on X and are very happy, and nice group on all our cruises. Maybe they had an odd bad experience. We think it's a great time to sail, few kids pre Holiday and rates are lower than over the holidays. And always had good weather. Relax and enjoy!:)

We always cruise this time of year for most of the reasons above. It may be an older crowd, but we've never had an excessive number of crotchety passengers.