Need help with stateroom categories please

macandlucy

I am looking to book our first NCL cruise on the Breakaway next year. When I look at the Freestyle Choice promo, it says Havens and Suites get all four; balconies and min-suites get one. But when I look for a suite category, all I see is -- Haven, Mini Suite, Balcony etc. There is no "suite category" listed. Are there just no suites of the Breakaway, or am I doing something wrong, missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

I am looking to book our first NCL cruise on the Breakaway next year. When I look at the Freestyle Choice promo, it says Havens and Suites get all four; balconies and min-suites get one. But when I look for a suite category, all I see is -- Haven, Mini Suite, Balcony etc. There is no "suite category" listed. Are there just no suites of the Breakaway, or am I doing something wrong, missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Mini-suites are not considered "suites."

On the Breakaway, Haven has a variety of cabins, some indicate they are suites.

On some other ships, there are Penthouse Suites.

Thanks for the explanations. Much appreciated :)

The Haven suites appear to be quite a bit more; about double the cost of a balcony. Is that a fairly typical price difference? Thanks again.

Haven is always expensive. Also have to take into account extra gratuities.

We used to stay in Inside cabins but now usually balcony. Works out fine since we're not in the cabin all the time. We'd rather have money for other activities.

Thanks for the explanations. Much appreciated :)

The Haven suites appear to be quite a bit more; about double the cost of a balcony. Is that a fairly typical price difference? Thanks again.

Yes... hence the inducement to book by offering four "perks" to the one offered for minis/balconies.

They are pricey but worth every penny in the service, amenities and exclusivity provided.

It seems like there is a huge jump from non-haven rooms to the haven.

I'd like to have a haven sized room but don't want to pay more in gratuities for services I won't use.

What are the biggest non-haven rooms on the breakaway?

It seems like there is a huge jump from non-haven rooms to the haven.

I'd like to have a haven sized room but don't want to pay more in gratuities for services I won't use.

What are the biggest non-haven rooms on the breakaway?

The biggest non suites are the mini suites, but as stated above, they are not much different to the balconies.

If you want the extra room then there aren't many options other than a suite.

Alternatively, look at other ships which have non haven suites. They still coat a lot more than the balconies/mini suites, but you can get some slightly better prices if you shop around.

The biggest non suites are the mini suites, but as stated above, they are not much different to the balconies.

If you want the extra room then there aren't many options other than a suite.

Alternatively, look at other ships which have non haven suites. They still coat a lot more than the balconies/mini suites, but you can get some slightly better prices if you shop around.

That's pretty much what I thought. The mini-suite is basically just a bigger bathroom. The balcony rooms that go up in price all seem to be just bigger balconies on lower decks.

Seems like with a family of 4 people, you are better off booking 2 adjoining rooms and opening up the balconies.

You aren't allowed to open the balconies. It has been discussed on a number of threads here on CC. NCL sites it is a fire hazard, which is BS, but bottom line is the stewards won't unlock the dividers...FYI

Edited by kismet618

Here is a amazing spreadsheet done by Bear for Breakaway and Getaway.

You might find it very helpful in choosing a room. If Haven is to expensive than I would recommend a Large Balcony Mini suite on deck 8. Loved ours on Getaway. The other balcony's are tiny.

For our cruise on Escape the price of our Haven 2bed family villa was 2x the cost of a minisuite. But you get a more than just extra space with the Haven.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

You aren't allowed to open the balconies. It has been discussed on a number of threads here on CC. NCL sites it is a fire hazard, which is BS, but bottom line is the stewards won't unlock the dividers...FYI

On the Breakaway a few weeks back, a deck below us had about 4 balconies in a row open...so not sure if they were breaking the rules or what.