Buckets of Beer

magic&buddy

I know there has been a thread about this before but alas....no search available. Can I order a bucket of beer to my cabin for embarkation day....I know I can order beer gift sets with a cooler and hat but I just want beer on ice waiting for us when we arrive. :p

I did the cooler thinking it would be nice to have for the pool deck too!

For what its worth... I typically type the search term into Google and add "cruise critic". I find that search to be much more productive than the search tool on here.

I know there has been a thread about this before but alas....no search available. Can I order a bucket of beer to my cabin for embarkation day....I know I can order beer gift sets with a cooler and hat but I just want beer on ice waiting for us when we arrive. :p

Not as far as I know.. Ive only been able to get the beer from BV but warm. Zip on up to the Lido to grab one.

I wouldn't bother. They will deliver you a room temp six pack and on our week-long cruise last year we were never able to find a way to keep more than 1 or 2 beers cold at a time (in the tiny room ice bucket) :-/ We definitely learned some lessons as to what to order and what not to order from BV last year.

Order the beer through the bon voyage dept, before you get to your cabin

ask for a bucket of ice from any bar, take it to your cabin and chill your beer, ... Your room steward will keep it chilled all week,...

OR once you get to your cabin ask your room steward for a bucket nad ice, he may even bring you a cooler... :)

Prior to sailaway

Beer prices ... Regular bar price plus state tax from BV dept...

Beer prices ... Regular bar price less $ 2.00 bucket discount plus tax and gratuity ( day of embarkation )

Beer prices after sailaway .... Regular bar price less $ 2.00 discount and gratuity..

OR once you get to your cabin ask your room steward for a bucket nad ice, he may even bring you a cooler... :)

We have had a couple who were kind enough to do that for us. Then it's MUCH easier to keep everything nice and COLD!

Tom

I've gone back and forth on this and I still have almost 8 months to go before the cruise. I was going to get the 4 corona, hat, cooler set but I'm not sure if the price is worth it or not. I had thought of getting some liquor as well but I don't think we'd drink enough of it to make it worth it. Plus I'm guessing we'd be getting a drink or two in the ports. I might just get a few oil cans and some drink tickets through BV. And then get some buckets as needed.

I've gone back and forth on this and I still have almost 8 months to go before the cruise. I was going to get the 4 corona, hat, cooler set but I'm not sure if the price is worth it or not. I had thought of getting some liquor as well but I don't think we'd drink enough of it to make it worth it. Plus I'm guessing we'd be getting a drink or two in the ports. I might just get a few oil cans and some drink tickets through BV. And then get some buckets as needed.

I ordered that package for my husband on our cruise 2 years ago for his birthday. I think it was totally worth it because we still have the mug, he wears the bucket hat all the time and until my kiddo left the little cooler at school, we used it alot. When we go this time, I am ordering each of them their own, of course DS's will be with coca colas. As long as we had a drink in that little cooler, our cabin steward kept it full of ice.

wife had one in the cabin for me as a surprise 3 weeks ago. I loved it. I just went to a bar and asked for an empty bucket. Went to the ice machine on Lido deck filled bucket and took to cabin and topped off cooler when needed with ice. Room steward kept it full but that melts so I would just add ice. I would buy a bucket with no ice while on deck and bring to re-fill cooler with beer when needed.

You can always order a bucket through room service (that is the only way we can get Coronas in the BOTTLE) - though I don't know that room service is up and running in the afternoon on embarkation day...?

Tom

Thanks for posting this Tom. Do you happen to know if it would be the same for Heineken-would you get them in a bottle via room service?

Thanks for posting this Tom. Do you happen to know if it would be the same for Heineken-would you get them in a bottle via room service?

I really can't say :( - perhaps someone else here has some experience with that one.

Tom

If you order a bucket from room service you would be paying a tip for the beer and a tip for the room service.....

Ordering beer from bon voyage it will be warm and you will have to ice it down.

Grabbing a bucket of cold beer from the bar priceless........

If you order a bucket from room service you would be paying a tip for the beer and a tip for the room service.....

I'm with you

On the way to the room stop at the bar they put ice-cold beer in a bucket filled with ice

No need to wait for it to be cold

Definitely.... buckets of beer from the bar. Although you pay the 15% gratuity, you save $2.00 per bucket. And it's COLD!!!

Archived