Holiday Inn Southampton totally renovated?

CH_ca

I remember John Bull mentioned about a renovation of the Southampton Holiday Inn. After reading some "recent" (Feb/17) negative reviews on TripAdvisor, I'm just wondering if the hotel is still just partially renovated? I really want to book this hotel but want to make sure the negative comments are really a thing of the past. Could anyone shed some lights? Thanks!

The renovations were to the public areas, not the bedrooms, and were completed nearly a year ago. As regards Trip Advisor, I have looked at the last ten reviews, all posted in the last fortnight. One was 5 star, six were 4 star, 2 were 3 star. The remaining review was 1 star but the reviewer had, in my opinion, an unfortunate attitude anyway. When someone writes "Doubtless some lackie will respond to this with an idiotic, worthless reply" it does make you wonder about their own behaviour. We usually stay there and will be doing so again in May. Last year, while the renovations were going on we stayed at the Grand Harbour opposite but were very underwhelmed.