Treasures of the Mediterranean on Thomson Dream.

Hi.

This is my first post on this forum :)

I'm thinking of doing a cruise (for the first time) with my mum and I (I'm 16) I was quite reluctant at doing a cruise at first but they are looking hard to say no to!!

We would be doing a Cruise and Stay package with Thomson at the beginning of July and staying for 3 nights after in Palma catching up with a friend we have there and relaxing. We would be doing an 'As you please' package as we want to choose our own accommodation.

What are people's experiences on the Thomson Dream cruise and perhaps the route we have chosen. We would quite like to have some form of internet access as I'm on social media quite a lot and need to see whats going on around the world. I have Vodafone EuroTraveller so I can use that on land if there is a good 3G/4G signal.

Also are the dining, activities and cabins good on the Thomson Dream? We read about power sockets and how it can be USA or Euro so we'll take both along with a extension cord to plug in multiple devices - we'll be taking 2 iPhones, an iPad, Kindle, DSLR camera and possibly a laptop (if it's worth it).

We will/might be taking a drinks package - is it worth it?

We heard that the cruise had all been redone recently - has this made it a more positive cruise?

Many thanks for your help

JDanjoux

Hi.

This is my first post on this forum :)

hi there J, sorry have just noticed that your post has slipped our attention?

I'm thinking of doing a cruise (for the first time) with my mum and I (I'm 16) I was quite reluctant at doing a cruise at first but they are looking hard to say no to!!

yes... be carefull.. cruises are addictive;):)

We would be doing a Cruise and Stay package with Thomson at the beginning of July and staying for 3 nights after in Palma catching up with a friend we have there and relaxing. We would be doing an 'As you please' package as we want to choose our own accommodation.

What are people's experiences on the Thomson Dream cruise and perhaps the route we have chosen. We would quite like to have some form of internet access as I'm on social media quite a lot and need to see whats going on around the world. I have Vodafone EuroTraveller so I can use that on land if there is a good 3G/4G signal.

i'm not sure what your route is? we dont do too many med cruises ourselves ... maybe someone can help?

on the wifi, the ships wifi is expensive! and rubbish (sloooow) loads of places in port tho... just follow the crew, they know where all the best hotspots are, really dont wast your money on the wifi package, if there are more than 2 people logged on? you wont get on! the only time you can get a decent signal is at 5/6am in the morning and it only really works in the library

Also are the dining, activities and cabins good on the Thomson Dream? We read about power sockets and how it can be USA or Euro so we'll take both along with a extension cord to plug in multiple devices - we'll be taking 2 iPhones, an iPad, Kindle, DSLR camera and possibly a laptop (if it's worth it).

cabins are quite spacious, you have 2 self service buffets (open from about 7am thru about 1am) the main dining room serving breakfast lunch dinner and 3 evening (pay extra) resturants to choose from

yep, you will need an extension cable if you have a lot of devices.... dont leave them on charge when you are out of the cabin tho.... fire risk! and steward will most likely unplug them

We will/might be taking a drinks package - is it worth it?

not in my oppinion no.... we allways pay as you go unless we can get a cheap ai offer? however? that will depend on how much you drink, as a 16yo you will pay half price and i am sure (like my teens) you will have no prob getting thru several (dozens) glasses of no alc coktails/fizzy's per day;) (and they will let you have wine with a meal in the resturant if you are with an adult)... but all people on the same booking will have to have the drinks package, over 18yo's will pay the full price

We heard that the cruise had all been redone recently - has this made it a more positive cruise?

not really, the ship has had a bit of a spruce up (anew hot rock resturant.... some extra sunbeds) but its pretty much the same as it always was

Many thanks for your help

JDanjoux

enjoy:cool: