Splendor embarkation day ceremony

Steph2014

Hello. I'm considering doing this aboard the splendor. 5/2/2015. I really want it embarkation day so that its over with. I'm not sure if we will do something just him and I or have a few others. Do they have nice, small and private venues. Not really looking for a reception per se.

Can't comment about the Splendor, but we are getting married on the Miracle in the chapel. Had our ship visit last month and the venue size was perfect. I know the Spirit Class ships have a chapel, but not sure about the others. We were given the options of several locations - chapel, theater, Mad Hatters Comedy Club, or the Piano Bar. All of which were very nice. We are having 30 people so the size of the chapel works best for us. The piano bar was too small.

Call carnival wedding dept and talk to someone about the Splendor. Their coordinators are ship specific so they know the ships. Our coordinator has been very helpful and responsive.

Best of luck

Thank you. Sounds nice and intimate. That's what I'm looking for

It is the let us serve you package with Carnival. It allows for eight people including the bride and groom but you can add extras. In our case we have 8 parents due to divorce and re-marriage so we knew we would need to add a couple. Otherwise they have the Just you and Me package that is for 8 only and cannot be expanded. It covers a wedding and cake.

Hi we got married on the Splendor ... the board room is very nice and is a great place for up to 30-40 guests. We had 20 there and it was awesome. We did the time to celebrate big and were in the red carpet disco with Yulia the bartender and she was awesome.

If you are leaving out of NYC just be aware that the staff at the port have no idea how the wedding groups function so give yourself plenty of time to get on the ship.

Hi there. I would be leaving from Florida. I have been trying to figure out what the splendor is doing. It seems its in NY. Then a few sailings from Florida. Then back to NY. I dunno. I was looking at a particular sailing from Florida. It would just be him and I. Wondering if they could do on deck?

Hi there. I would be leaving from Florida. I have been trying to figure out what the splendor is doing. It seems its in NY. Then a few sailings from Florida. Then back to NY. I dunno. I was looking at a particular sailing from Florida. It would just be him and I. Wondering if they could do on deck?

Carnival does not do Deck weddings. They do then in inside areas only per the weddings department.

• 3 weeks later...

@Steph2014--Carnival can't quite figure out what to do with Splendor. She used to be in California, but they had trouble selling the cabins, so they moved her to NYC year-round. NYC didn't really work out for them because she sailed year-round, but they had to dump the rates in the winter and it still wasn't selling. So they decided to move the ship between Florida, Norfolk, and NYC on a seasonal basis. It will more-or-less be in Florida for the winter, Norfolk for a few weeks in the Spring and Fall, and NYC in the summer, at least for now.

@Beanieh6--what I think aarepsl might be saying (and it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong this week), was that since the wedding services are provided by outside vendors that differ in each port, the outsider vendors may not be that familiar or good at providing services for Carnival since they are now a rarity. I haven't seen any recent NYC Carnival reviews since the Splendor left in October.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Hi Guys,

The issue that we had was with the Port ... in ports other than Florida and Texas it is my understanding that CCL uses a local port agency company. In our case intercruises was the vender. The CCL wedding staff was awesome; however getting on the ship was a problem out of NYC as the intercruises staff was quite rude and had no idea how to manage a wedding party.

Another problem is that CCL uses an outside vender that provides the coordination, flowers, and officiant. In our case the coordinator did not show up until 1 hour after the meet time. In fact we were on the ship before we met her. Once we were on the ship it was fantastic. The crew were great and the ceremony was fantastic.

I do not recommend purchasing the photos from CCL because of the cost. We did not purchase the pictures but did spend $99 and buy the photos in HD quality on a CD. We had that CD put into a book through Apple iPhoto and it was fantastic.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And BTW congrats :-)

I do not recommend purchasing the photos from CCL because of the cost. We did not purchase the pictures but did spend $99 and buy the photos in HD quality on a CD. We had that CD put into a book through Apple iPhoto and it was fantastic.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And BTW congrats :-)

Thanks for the clarification! I'm impressed that they were willing to sell the disc for $99. We tried purchasing just the disc and were told it was a no-go. They could only sell us digital images if we bought actual pictures.