Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Mexican Riviera

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mexican Riviera Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Old November 1st, 2004, 10:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Walking directions to Krystal in PV?

I remember reading directions for a short-cut to the Krystal hotel/resort on this forum several months ago, but that message is no longer available. Can anyone who has been there help me out with simple directions?

TIA,
Carolyn

Old November 2nd, 2004, 08:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

I don't know if it matters which ship you come in on, but we came in on the Pride. If you are go to the Mermaids grille and ask them to show you. They will point it out to you from the window. I'm sure any ship you go on the crew will know exactly what you are talking about as they go there for the messages and to hang.
If not I remember a long white building to the left of exiting the ship. Following this back street will bring you to Krystal. Ask the locals they will direct you. It is only a ten minute walk and a cheap fun day. We had a blast. Hope this helps.
\:::::::::::::::::/
~~~~~~~~~~

2008 Carnival Valor
2006 Carnival Destiny
2004 Carnival Pride

Old November 3rd, 2004, 04:16 PM
5,000+ Club

We were there in October and made the mistake of asking directions. We ended up taking the "main" street and finally ended up taking a cab. It was hot and I just could not walk anymore. Coming back to the ship we went the side street running parallel to the water. Look at the market place and the flags and you should see a chain link fence - and an open gate. Go through that and you should be ok. Also, wear your swimsuits under your clothes. They only have a bathroom and it was hard to change in the stall. The pool is beautiful but don't go to the "infinity" wall - the vendors on the beach won't leave you alone.

Carnival's Carnivale 1980 Caribbean
RCCL Nordic Prince 1993 Alaska
Disney Wonder 1999 Caribbean
Celebrity Mercury 2003 Mexico
Carnivale Pride 2004 Mexico
Celebrity Mercury 2004 Mexico
Celebrity Infinity 2005 Hawaii
Diamond Princess 2006 Hawaii
Golden Princess 2008 Hawaii
Star Princess 2009 Mexico
Sea Princess 2010 Mexico
Golden Princess 2011 Hawaii
Grand Princess 2013 Alaska

Old November 6th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the info!
Carolyn

Old November 6th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Krystal

The easiest way to describe it....depart your ship, head out the main gate (to the left). Walk to the main highway, a short distance. Along the highway is a road, dirt and-or cobblestones. (This will be a right turn from the marina). Walk past the little liquor store, pass the Hotel Hacienda Buenaventura and the next hotel is the Krystal. Can´t miss it. Not too far. It is across the street from the Outback Restaurant.