Inexpensive things to do in Dominica

james'mommy

I am looking for inexpensive things to do while in port. Beaches and what not. DH is waffling on this cruise and the final payment is in 2 weeks. We are blowing our vacation budget on a Baltics cruise this summer so we'd like to spend as little as possible on our Spring Break cruise. TIA.

Only been there once in 2009, and went to Champagne Beach via a tour and loved it. Can't remember the cost, but even with the tour I don't remember it being significant. Beaches are all dark sand or rocks and not the kind to lay out and get sun. Champagne has bubbles from volcanic vents underground and great for snorkeling ONLY.

You MUST get out and explore this island in some manner. Always found it best to get off ship and negotiate a price for some kind of tour. Best of you link up with others (at least 4-6 people) for best rates. Otherwise, don't waste your time looking for a beach to just sit on.

Screw spa is nice. It has 6 hot sulphate pools in the rain forest. They have Caribbean music piped in to the trees. Was $10 pp to enter. We had a great time.

Did you visit Screw's Spa as part of an organized tour or did you take a taxi there on your own? Wondering about the cost of a taxi to Trafalgar Falls and Screw's Spa.

Did you visit Screw's Spa as part of an organized tour or did you take a taxi there on your own? Wondering about the cost of a taxi to Trafalgar Falls and Screw's Spa.

We were part of a tour. We were supposed to go river tubing also but it got canceled due to dangerous conditions. I don't know the cost of a taxi. It was nice to do something different than a beach or shopping on an island. We are not sight seeing type of people.

We were part of a tour. We were supposed to go river tubing also but it got canceled due to dangerous conditions. I don't know the cost of a taxi. It was nice to do something different than a beach or shopping on an island. We are not sight seeing type of people.

Thanks for the information!

• 2 months later...

I recommend getting out of the town. This island is gorgeous once you're out of Roseau. Scott's head has great snorkeling. Emerald pool, trafalgar falls and ti tou gorge are all cool. Pirates of the Caribbean filmed at ti tou.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums