quick tricks

Let me preface this by saying I'm fully aware that to lose weight in a healthy way and to keep it off you need to do so slowly and sensibly with diet and exercise. I completely understand and appreciate this.

However, I was wondering if any of you all have tips or tricks to slimming down quickly before a cruise if you don't have enough time to properly diet and exercise. I'm not talking about radical weight loss but just making your clothes fit better and looking better in a swimsuit. Any and all tips are welcome. Hopefully this thread can be a good resource for people who aren't interested in or don't need a diet plan like South Beach or Weight Watchers, but still want to look a little better for their cruise!

Most lose weight quickly schemes will only make you lose water weight, you'll be dehydrated for a bit and then gain the weight back pretty quickly. You're right, there is no HEALTHY way to lose alot of weight quickly.

However, I've seen people lose weight fast. An extreme low calorie ketogenic diet will do it for most people (ie, eat only meat, no carbs at ALL). I must admit I've done this in the past, I would eat chicken breast, tuna salad, and that's all I would eat all day. I did lose alot of weight quickly though but, it's not a very healthy way to lose weight (really not getting all the nutrients you need).

The diet is called Stillmans, you can see all the rules etc here:

http://www.angelfire.com/yt3/stillmans/

Whatever you do, please make sure to drink a ton of water and take good multivitamins.

IF you have 2-3 weeks you could try adding weights or especially Pilates to your routine. You'll feel longer and leaner pretty quickly and there are some fairly short (25-30 minute) cheap (under $15 for a DVD) videos out there. I prefer the ones that don't need any equipment but a yoga mat or carpet. If you're already doing something change up your routine

Archived