Rodeway Inn Ft. Lauderdale

Debde

OK-real quick because I stink at reviews. :o

For those of you who are just coming in the night before your cruise and just need a place to crash for the night...this is it.

It got a lot of bad reviews here but still went with it anyways because they were not all that bad on TripAdvisor. It had everything I needed. Free shuttle from airport. Free shuttle to cruise. Restaurant, bar and free breakfast. The great gift shop was a bonus. It really is fine for a pre-cruise one night stay.

So for those of you looking to budget motel it-this is just fine!!:)

I had 3 in each room. We were at $156.00

B&B-yes-like I said for an overnight quick budget stay-it would be fine for many. If I were coming in early and wanting to enjoy the Florida surroundings or multi-day-probably not.

We landed at almost 8 o'clock at night. I just needed a drink, burger and bed. all in that order!! :D

FYI-the free shuttles get a bad rap sometimes but our experience was, called when we got our bags, within 10 minutes, it was at the airport. Next morning shuttle to the cruise-very organized and easy peasy.

forgot to add-only 2 ships in port on a Monday and we arrived on a Sunday night. That might make a difference in how smooth everything went!!

Edited by Debde

Were each of the shuttles "multi-pickup" or were they direct? Airport straight to hotel and hotel straight to port? We ran into an annoying "multi-pickup" in Port Canaveral on our way to our Disney Cruise last year. This year, leaving Monday 2/22 on Independence of the Seas from FLL. Still debating on hotel for night prior.

Thanks in advance!

Were each of the shuttles "multi-pickup" or were they direct? Airport straight to hotel and hotel straight to port? We ran into an annoying "multi-pickup" in Port Canaveral on our way to our Disney Cruise last year. This year, leaving Monday 2/22 on Independence of the Seas from FLL. Still debating on hotel for night prior.

Thanks in advance!

I'm a local and stay there occasionally precruise. Can't tell you about airport, but hotel to port is direct.

It is multi-pick up but only makes a small loop through the airport. They picked us up first-6 of us then one other couple at the next terminal. Then directly to the hotel.

From hotel to port-direct with no other pick ups.

I had 3 in each room. We were at $156.00

B&B-yes-like I said for an overnight quick budget stay-it would be fine for many. If I were coming in early and wanting to enjoy the Florida surroundings or multi-day-probably not.

We landed at almost 8 o'clock at night. I just needed a drink, burger and bed. all in that order!! :D

FYI-the free shuttles get a bad rap sometimes but our experience was, called when we got our bags, within 10 minutes, it was at the airport. Next morning shuttle to the cruise-very organized and easy peasy.

forgot to add-only 2 ships in port on a Monday and we arrived on a Sunday night. That might make a difference in how smooth everything went!!

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I like your priorities! Where did you eat?

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I like your priorities! Where did you eat?

LOL You are welcome.

The restaurant/bar that is attached to the hotel is called marina84. Good casual eats. Large bar with a large selection of liquor and some pretty good specialty drinks too!

LOL You are welcome.

The restaurant/bar that is attached to the hotel is called marina84. Good casual eats. Large bar with a large selection of liquor and some pretty good specialty drinks too!

Good burgers, but the salad bar looks kind of @#$%^ (gross)

Edited by Pia1913

Good burgers, but the salad bar looks kind of @#$%^ (gross)

I'm laughing right now because I'm thinking what salad bar?? Walked in, got a table for my family of 6 and proceeded to get my drink on after the long day of travel!! :D Ordered a burger and called it a night!!! Swear I did no even see one!!! :o

I'm laughing right now because I'm thinking what salad bar?? Walked in, got a table for my family of 6 and proceeded to get my drink on after the long day of travel!! :D Ordered a burger and called it a night!!! Swear I did no even see one!!! :o

It's against the back door, unless they've removed it. I haven't been there in a while.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the review of the hotel. We will be staying there next week pre-cruise and are looking for the same thing... drink, burger and bed (also in that order). I understand that the gift shop sells bottles of wine to purchase and bring on board. Would you happen to remember seeing this and by any chance, remember any of the brands? Just curious.

thanks

Thanks for the review of the hotel. We will be staying there next week pre-cruise and are looking for the same thing... drink, burger and bed (also in that order). I understand that the gift shop sells bottles of wine to purchase and bring on board. Would you happen to remember seeing this and by any chance, remember any of the brands? Just curious.

thanks

Recently, Marina 84 sports bar/grill was temporarily shut down by the health department for numerous sanitary violations. They made the list of Dirty Dining places in Fort Lauderdale. :eek:

Edited by brunello22

Thank you for this review. We booked it after reading lots of great reviews then after we booked bad reviews started surfacing.

For the sake of 1 night I don't see the point in paying over the odds for a room.

We'll be travelling down from Orlando so pretty much food and sleep is all we'll need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Recently, Marina 84 sports bar/grill was temporarily shut down by the health department for numerous sanitary violations. They made the list of Dirty Dining places in Fort Lauderdale. :eek:

I did not go in the kitchen. Worked in enough restaurants to know don't go there!!! :eek: Of course it looked fine to the eye of the consumer!! ;) For me, it was one of three things that the hotel needed to have. Hope it gets taken care or at least re-opens as another restaurant as it was a plus to have an attached restaurant and bar for the hotel.

I did not go in the kitchen. Worked in enough restaurants to know don't go there!!! :eek: Of course it looked fine to the eye of the consumer!! ;) For me, it was one of three things that the hotel needed to have. Hope it gets taken care or at least re-opens as another restaurant as it was a plus to have an attached restaurant and bar for the hotel.

All restaurants have violations by the health department but it takes A LOT for a restaurant to actually get shut down.

They got shut down on February 5th, opened back up that day, got shut down again 2/19, opened up on 2/20, got shut down again 3/7 and failed the inspection again today.

You can go to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation to read the inspection report but unsurprisingly, they have a serious roach problem and coolers that aren't working properly.

It is just a matter of time before someone gets really sick there.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/inspectionDates.asp?SID=&id=2422829

Like I said-Best thing for this hotel is to either have this taken care of or get a new owner in there. It was a plus to have a restaurant on site. Maybe Rodeway should just take it over and make it part of the hotel!!