UBER is back in Ft Lauderdale

royalcruz

Can more than one person use this code? I have seen several codes and are planning to use Uber for the first time in Miami for our Fort Lauderdale Equinox cruise on February 22. I have written a couple down but don't want to get there and find out the code has already been used and is no longer available.

The codes that have been posted are for first time riders only. Each code can be used unlimited amount of times.

So you can pick which code you want to use without the fear that "it has been already used".

What my husband and I did was to each use a first time code so we got to use two. One for him and one for me.

If you were traveling with 4 people each person could use a first timers code. (all the same one if you wanted) (4 free rides)

I hope this helps!

Arrived in Fort Lauderdale early this morning for our cruise tomorrow. We took a couple Uber trips to do some shopping and will be trying it tomorrow as well to get us to the port. Our son drives for Uber in the Charlotte area part time and we have used Uber in Europe. I think it's great to have the option....;)

The codes that have been posted are for first time riders only. Each code can be used unlimited amount of times.

So you can pick which code you want to use without the fear that "it has been already used".

What my husband and I did was to each use a first time code so we got to use two. One for him and one for me.

If you were traveling with 4 people each person could use a first timers code. (all the same one if you wanted) (4 free rides)

I hope this helps!

Thanks so much for this clarification! Would the 4 of you have had to use 4 different credit cards and 4 different uber accounts?

Also, are these particular discount codes good anywhere (ie. Canada) or just in Fort L area?

Thanks so much for this clarification! Would the 4 of you have had to use 4 different credit cards and 4 different uber accounts?

Also, are these particular discount codes good anywhere (ie. Canada) or just in Fort L area?

The codes are for your first ride anywhere.

You would need four different Uber accounts. I am pretty sure you need different credit cards.

I know the Capital One Quicksilver offers a 20% statement credit for each Uber ride.

The codes are for your first ride anywhere.

You would need four different Uber accounts. I am pretty sure you need different credit cards.

I know the Capital One Quicksilver offers a 20% statement credit for each Uber ride.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I used Uber this morning from Port Everglades to my house. The driver arrived in about 5 minutes. We used XL because we had 2 large suitcases, and we ended up with an SUV. There is a $2 surcharge for port pickups. As soon as we ordered the pickup, we messaged the driver to tell him the ship and terminal, and we waited in the private car pickup area. It was great!:)

Are there any problems getting an Uber pickup at one of the SE 17th St. Hotels(i.e. Embassy Suites) to go to a Princess ship at Dock #2?? I know it's a pretty short trip and like some taxi drivers, they may not want that low a fare?

No, we did exactly that in December. Drivers do not know where they are taking you until they start the ride.

Your ride might be short but then they might pick someone up from the port after they drop you off which might be a good money ride.

If even though Uber drivers do not expect a tip, if my ride is short or if I get good service (help with bags) I will tip them.

I hope you have a good cruise...get a room that ends in 15 though 19 to have a view of the port :-)

No, we did exactly that in December. Drivers do not know where they are taking you until they start the ride.

Your ride might be short but then they might pick someone up from the port after they drop you off which might be a good money ride.

If even though Uber drivers do not expect a tip, if my ride is short or if I get good service (help with bags) I will tip them.

I hope you have a good cruise...get a room that ends in 15 though 19 to have a view of the port :-)

We just used Uber for our ride from Port of Miami to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. It was about $42 including the port fee. It was a really pleasant experience! (Even though the driver spoke no English and we speak no Spanish)

It was actually not only less expensive than a cab but we didn't have to wait in the long cab line.

I'd really recommend it.

Justprettypink - how do you add in a tip?

We have some short rides coming up and will want to do that.

We tried to use Uber this morning to go from FLL to Embassy Suites on SE 17th St. Waited 10 minutes for a driver that was coming to pick us up and then all I got was a receipt for $0.00 and an email that said congrats on your first Uber ride. Not a good first time Uber experience. We ended up taking a cab.

We tried to use Uber this morning to go from FLL to Embassy Suites on SE 17th St. Waited 10 minutes for a driver that was coming to pick us up and then all I got was a receipt for $0.00 and an email that said congrats on your first Uber ride. Not a good first time Uber experience. We ended up taking a cab.

Yikes...that would be a bad first impression...sorry you had a bad experience

I've used in countless times to get around and have never had an issue. But, like anything in life, it isn't perfect. Sorry to hear you haf a bad experience. Try contacting corporate. They are pretty good when it comes to customer service from the stories I've heard.

Can someone let me know their fair going from FLL to Port Everglades directly? I can use the fair estimator but not sure how it works with the surcharge. Would it be just the $4.50 for pickup at FLL or would it also include the $2 surcharge in the port? Does the surcharge only apply to the pickup location? Thanks!

Can someone let me know their fair going from FLL to Port Everglades directly? I can use the fair estimator but not sure how it works with the surcharge. Would it be just the $4.50 for pickup at FLL or would it also include the $2 surcharge in the port? Does the surcharge only apply to the pickup location? Thanks!

I can tell you that our charge from FLL was 11.17 (without a discount) to Embassy Suites. That included the 4.50 FLL surcharge. When we were dropped off at the port, there was no surcharge.

I can tell you that our charge from FLL was 11.17 (without a discount) to Embassy Suites. That included the 4.50 FLL surcharge. When we were dropped off at the port, there was no surcharge.

Thank you. I guess the surcharge is only for the pickup and doesn't include the drop off.

For pick up at Fort Lauderdale airport do we need to stand in a certain area?

Also wanted to make a run to Total Wine. We want to make sure the driver's time is compensated while we run in to pick up wine that will be ordered online. Do their meters charge by time or mileage?

Edited by kftw
added "Fort Lauderdale"

Stand in the "Chauffeured/ Drivers for Hire" area. It was in front of the hotel shuttle area, near the center loop.

?format=750w

Uber charges by time and mileage. Even though tips are not required, you can tip if you feel they need to be compensated more.

Thank you so much.

You guys are the best!! I was just checking airfare for October cruise on Jet Blue which does not fly to Miami. Jet Blue does fly into FFL and the port is 25 miles away and costs $31 with Uber!! This is a great price to get to the port of Miami.

Has anyone used Uber from the port of Miami back to FLL airport??