New Homewood Suites

RG306

The Homewood Suites Downtown/Brickell is opening this summer. It's located on 1st avenue. The price is better, rooms are bigger and it includes breakfast as opposed to our current reservation at the JW Marquis. I know it's comparing apples and oranges. Decent area with shopping and restaurants is important though.

Anyone familiar with the area? Also how is Homewood suites as a product? We have stayed at the Renaissance and Embassy Suites for past cruises out of FLL.

Homewood Suites is a great hotel chain and they come with a full kitchen, unlike Embassy Suites.

The new one is located in the Brickell area. It is within walking distance of things, but is further away from Mary Brickell Village and restaurants than the JW Marriott Marquis.

If you aren't familiar with the area, you may not be as comfortable walking around this street at night. You won't see as many people walking around at night. There is nothing across the street from it but a concrete wall and the train.

Are you walking or will you have a car?

We will be walking. We have a group of 8 (2 rooms) and I was thing accommodation wise this would be more comfortable. Is it worth it?

I just looked down the street today where the hotel will be when I was at the publix grocery store on 13th/Coral Way. I park in the back of that. You will be just fine walking down the street with 8 people.

There is a lot of construction in that area (well all over Brickell!) so during the day, there is a lot going on.

You will be able to walk a couple of blocks to a Walgreen, Publix which also has a pharmacy and liquor store and then a few more blocks there will be Mary Brickell village and lots of restaurants.

It certainly isn't a high end hotel like the JW Marriot Marquis, but it's a great chain and will be brand new. For 8 people, you will have lots more room.

• 7 months later...
Saw no need for a new thread

Any update on this Hotel?

Coming in June will it be open?

Has anyone stayed here yet? any reviews? good bad or indifferent

My understanding is they have pushed back the opening to April 2016. We actually ended up getting a good price at the JW Marriott Marquis and got 3 rooms instead.

My understanding is they have pushed back the opening to April 2016. We actually ended up getting a good price at the JW Marriott Marquis and got 3 rooms instead.

They've pushed back on the one in Cape Canaveral as well. Not a very good track record

So glad I came across this information. We are booked at this Homewood Suite at the beginning of March. I will be contacting them in the morning. Please advise if anyone knows when they will open.

If you are referring to the one in Cape Canaveral, they may be open in March. Sign still says December, but it is pretty far along

I would ask them directly. The April date has disappeared from their website and I think they are open. Did a dummy booking for next week and it came back with prices.

They have updated the opening date to March 10, 2016. There's one review on trip advisor that states they received a call one month prior to their reservation to cancel. I would have a back up reservation personally especially because it is high season.

I'm trying to check rates for this hotel for May but it doesn't show up. Even when I Google Homewood Miami Brickell, it shows me where to click for the hotel's website, but then it comes up some weird you stumped us page like the hotel doesn't have its own site at all. Am I doing something wrong???

• 1 month later...

We booked this hotel back in October for our upcoming April 9th cruise. We booked through LMT Club and just received an email stating we were being moved to the Fairfield Inn and Suites at the airport as the hotel won't be ready for our date.

I have been given the runaround for months on their opening date. Someone even told me that they were supposed to open last Thursday!? They have been posting on their facebook page photos of the inside, but it's still not near completion.

Anyways, we cancelled and rebooked the JW Marriott instead, which is in a better location anyways.

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

I am booked for June. Thanks for the update.

Here is the latest email I received from Management:

"I just got back today and was advised that we did not pass our last inspection so there is no exact opening date at this time. If you have an alternate option or will need our assistance to relocate, please do let me know."

I would book something else, just in case.