Cheapest Parking at/near Port Everglades

WDBGUY

Are you stayin in Ft. Laud the night before - or arriving the day of sailing? If staying night before - check out sleep-park-fly places - you can google that term.

Also - you might have better luck with an answer on the FL departures board.

I was planning on driving to Ft Lauderdale since the airfares are so high, I am booked for a 10 day cruise. what is the cheapest parking at or near Port Everglades where I can take a cab or shuttle?

We used an online parking facility for Port Everglades and it was the worst experience of our lives! We had 10 couples and we waited over an hour at the curb for a pickup. They could only take half of us back and by that times people were screaming mad. It was a horrible ending to a wonderful cruise!:mad: I did notice the park and fly shuttles were there immediately so I believe they would be okay. Otherwise, be very careful. I think we paid about 7.00 per day and there is no way it was worth the savings. They only had about two vans with no steps to get inside and it was nearly impossible to get in.:mad: Very angry group plus they lost one set of car keys, probably on purpose. I was the group leader and will never take that job on again!

We take a rental car. There is a Thrifty rental right outside the terminal. We usually drop the luggage off, turn the car in and get shuttled back to the terminal Their vans are waiting there when we get off the ship. Much cheaper than parking at the port. There are some hotels that let you park for free and will shuttle you to the port. Happy Cruising:D :D

DH and I are staying at the Comfort Inn Airport/South Port, about 5 minutes from Port Everglades. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from and charges $6 per day to leave our car at the hotel during the cruise. We will be on a 10-day cruise in Nov., so $60. However, we are concerned about the end of the cruise having to wait for the hotel shuttle to come and how to contact them (we don't use cell phones). We have a 5.5 hour drive home and don't want to waste time waiting around for the shuttle. We have decided to park at the Mid Port garage as we have done in the past so we can leave as soon as we get our luggage. It will cost about twice as much, but for us it's worth it not having to wait around for the shuttle. However, alot of passengers do the shuttles and are fine with it.

• 5 years later...

We sailed out of Port Everglades in mid-December. We had booked and pre-paid for parking at Premier Parking. First, we had trouble finding the location (should have been our first clue). Second, we arrived at 10:30 as booked and were told to return at Noon. Third, when we returned at noon we were told we would have to wait as they had to get all the cars out before they could re park any new cars. AND they wanted you to leave your keys with them!

We decided, at this point in time, to head to the port and park there. Yes it cost us more ($15 per day) but we were on the ship by 12:30!

Next time, July 2014, we will park with Park'N Go! They seem to be on the ball and from what people told us that is the best bet!

Listen to all the BAD Reviews on this site and do not use Premier Parking in Fort Lauderdale. It is not near the cruise port, nor the airport, and the wait for the shuttle is at least 45 minutes. The shuttle once they picked us up at the cruise port, circled the port several times to pick other passengers, taking an additional 30 minutes to begin the drive to the port parking which was located on the other side (west) of I-95. They did not drive directly to the cruise port, but dropped other passengers to the airport first, so if you are inn a rush to get to your car, then do not use them, because this is the wrong service.

When we arrived, they could find our vehicles and spent 15 min looking for keys then the car. They used another vehicles that was parked there to drive around the small unpaved parking lot, so watch the mileage on your car, when you drop the car to park. The biggest mistake we made was not to walk around the car, prior to leaving the lot. You know it, there was a scratch on the front driver's side bumper. You get what you pay for, it's worth paying a few dollars more, for security, responsibility, and timeliness.

My advice is you are daring enough to use this service is : Be Patient, do not use your GPS to find the lot, because you will get lost, have a copy of your keys (in case they lose yours), and CHECK YOUR CAR PRIOR TO LEAVING THE LOT.

If you are going to need a stay, I'd go with the hotel stay and parking package. Some nice chain hotels offer the service near the airport area. You get a good night's sleep, some offer breakfast and you can head to the port via cab for less than $20 or some hotels offer a shuttle if you'd like.

• 1 year later...
We sailed out of Port Everglades in mid-December. We had booked and pre-paid for parking at Premier Parking. First, we had trouble finding the location (should have been our first clue). Second, we arrived at 10:30 as booked and were told to return at Noon. Third, when we returned at noon we were told we would have to wait as they had to get all the cars out before they could re park any new cars. AND they wanted you to leave your keys with them!

We decided, at this point in time, to head to the port and park there. Yes it cost us more ($15 per day) but we were on the ship by 12:30!

Next time, July 2014, we will park with Park'N Go! They seem to be on the ball and from what people told us that is the best bet!

We used Premier Parking last Spring and fall in 2013 and it was great. Have credit with them but now they are Luxury Parking (what a joke). We reserved, hard time finding and they charged +$3.00/day for oversized vehicle (had never been charged that before).

I've looked @ Reviews for Park & Go and saw RAVE reviews. Going to reserve for 14 days for 2/21 to 3/7/15. @ $7.99/day.

Listen to all the BAD Reviews on this site and do not use Premier Parking in Fort Lauderdale. It is not near the cruise port, nor the airport, and the wait for the shuttle is at least 45 minutes. The shuttle once they picked us up at the cruise port, circled the port several times to pick other passengers, taking an additional 30 minutes to begin the drive to the port parking which was located on the other side (west) of I-95. They did not drive directly to the cruise port, but dropped other passengers to the airport first, so if you are inn a rush to get to your car, then do not use them, because this is the wrong service.

When we arrived, they could find our vehicles and spent 15 min looking for keys then the car. They used another vehicles that was parked there to drive around the small unpaved parking lot, so watch the mileage on your car, when you drop the car to park. The biggest mistake we made was not to walk around the car, prior to leaving the lot. You know it, there was a scratch on the front driver's side bumper. You get what you pay for, it's worth paying a few dollars more, for security, responsibility, and timeliness.

My advice is you are daring enough to use this service is : Be Patient, do not use your GPS to find the lot, because you will get lost, have a copy of your keys (in case they lose yours), and CHECK YOUR CAR PRIOR TO LEAVING THE LOT.

We used Premier Parking in 2013 & early 2014, great experience but now they are Luxury Parking, NOT.

Going to book Park & Go!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from an 11-night cruise on Island Princess. We used Park N Go, which is just blocks from the cruise terminal. The cost is very reasonable ($8 per night) and it was quite simple to reserve a space on line. Very fast check in and shuttle to the ship, and when we disembarked, there was a shuttle waiting. I would definitely use them again. They are great with directions and even hand out complimentary chilled water.

Edited by FloridaBuela

• 5 months later...

Beware of going for the cheapest. I would strongly be against premiere parking / luxury parking. It is a dirt lot behind a hotel. They don't even own their own shuttles, they hire contract drivers and rented vans. Not buses like the pictures on their website. Very disorganized and our shuttle driver said he often shows up at the lot with the early run and the gates aren't even open yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After much research, I used unitedairportparking.com (seaport & airport are basically co-located). Parking at Fairfield Inns & Suites, using their shuttle. $3.90 a day plus sales tax & a $5 service fee. Caution: call the hotel to be sure any hotel they come up with actually goes to the seaport. The first one they listed--Homewood Suites--did not, only to the airport, which makes no sense since, again, airport and seaport are side by side. But Fairfield does go to the seaport and the website actually populated my reservation form with the seaport info including the cruise line.