SILHOUETTE Obstructed view cabins

DancingDuo

Anyone have pictures or info on the obstructed views from these cabins on Deck 6?

Like to have daylight in cabin and do not need complete views, but would prefer to know how bad or good it really is before we book. Cabins we usually book are sold out and this is the next available choice for us.

Thanks

Deck 6 has two types of obstructed view verandas... 2C and 2D. The obstruction is due to the lifeboats, which are on Deck 5.

For the 2D cabins, the top of the lifeboat comes up to the top of the veranda railing. For 2C, the top of the lifeboat comes up to the bottom of the veranda.

With either category, you can look out straight, but your view down is obstructed.

We have sailed in 2C and found it to be a good value. When you're in the cabin, you can look out straight and not really be bothered by the top of the lifeboat. To us, the 2D is not lower enough in price to compensate for a view of the orange lifeboat while in the cabin.

I have some pictures of the view from a 2C but don't know how to post them to show you.

here are some photos of our cabin on the Solstice, which should be extremely similar to the corresponding cabin on Silhouette. This is a category 2D, or "fully obstructed". As you can see, the lifeboat is in the way, but there is still a great view. This room also had a nearly triple sized balcony. I also have some photos of a deck 6 cat. 2C on the Equinox which i can post if needed :)

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

Shelly... here are a few different angles of our deck 6 2C balcony. The lifeboats are about floor level, So when you're standing up at the railing, you still have a clear view out to the horizon.

Straight out at rail height:

IMG_1345.jpg

Looking forward over rail:

IMG_1343.jpg

Sitting down:

PC205130.jpg

This is the Solstice starboard side. Balcony cabins over the tenders, marked 6180 to 6210, are Cat. 2D obstructed and the ones to the right of 6180, over the lifeboat, are Cat. 2C balconies.

SolsticeSide02.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

On the Silhouhette you get obstructed BALCONIES.Ours had the davit posts sticking up obstructing the view , although it is not mentioned in the brochure.

Our cabin was 6146, listed as a 2B, but it has a davit obstructing the view. If two people are sitting on the balcony, one of them will be looking straight at the davit. Really think it should be listed as a 2C or 2D.

Edited by MareT

Great pics.... thanks.. we're booked Jan 23 Ultimate Caribbean 11 nite. We've got Cabin 6284 deck 6. Has anyone been in this one?

The view for Cabin 6284 is over the end of the last lifeboat as indicated by the arrow in the shot below. Ignore the washer platform behind the davit since it is normally stored at the stern.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212880&d=1321743690

SolsticeSide04.jpg.63e19263af33dae09e682ae1ec8a13e0.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Our cabin was 6146, listed as a 2B, but it has a davit obstructing the view. If two people are sitting on the balcony, one of them will be looking straight at the davit. Really think it should be listed as a 2C or 2D.

I just booked a cruise on Silhouette and 6146 is now listed as the most forward of the 2C balconies. In fact that rear portion of the front jump section with the lifeboat is now all classed as 2C balconies except for 6154 and 6153 which are classed as even lower 2D.

Go to

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SI#deck_plans/explore/ships/deckPlans.do%3FshipCode=SI

Edited by robtulipe

I just booked a cruise on Silhouette and 6146 is now listed as the most forward of the 2C balconies. In fact that rear portion of the front jump section with the lifeboat is now all classed as 2C balconies except for 6154 and 6153 which are classed as even lower 2D.

Go to

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SI#deck_plans/explore/ships/deckPlans.do%3FshipCode=SI

Thanks for the info. I guess it's time for them to change their brochure so it matches their website.

I never quite get this "obstructed view" thing. I've stayed in a 2C and yes, whilst you couldn't look straight down to the sea, the view out to sea was unobstructed. But all those cabins above, however high you go, also have the same view yet they are not marketed with a partially obstructed view. The 2c's represent excellent value if price is an issue.

• 2 months later...
This is the Solstice starboard side. Balcony cabins over the tenders, marked 6180 to 6210, are Cat. 2D obstructed and the ones to the right of 6180, over the lifeboat, are Cat. 2C balconies.

SolsticeSide02.jpg

I've sailed in cabin 6190 (2D) on the Solstice. I did alot of research before booking that cabin several years ago. It is one of the cabins that have a balcony view exactly between the struts so you are actually able to see the water below. Our only negative was that we like to keep our drapes open at night and the light outside our cabin shined on the orange top of the lifeboat. (very bright)

• 6 months later...
here are some photos of our cabin on the Solstice, which should be extremely similar to the corresponding cabin on Silhouette. This is a category 2D, or "fully obstructed". As you can see, the lifeboat is in the way, but there is still a great view. This room also had a nearly triple sized balcony. I also have some photos of a deck 6 cat. 2C on the Equinox which i can post if needed :)

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00618.jpg]

I've just booked 6209 on Silhouette, I would guess it would be very similare to you cabin here? Its just on the other side of the ship so there is a good chance I will be seing the same thing:)

Edited by nathb189
missing phrase altogether

I've just booked 6209 on Silhouette, I would guess it would be very similar to you cabin here? Its just on the other side of the ship so there is a good chance I will be seing the same thing:)

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00618.jpg]

I've just booked 6209 on Silhouette, I would guess it would be very similare to you cabin here? Its just on the other side of the ship so there is a good chance I will be seing the same thing:)

I just booked this cabin on the Reflection for next May. When you say it is triple the size of a regular balcony, is it depth or width? Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...