Cabin pics and tips....

nobody000

Ok so I have been going thru all the recent threads and it seems that we have threads of cabin pictures all over, so my thought would be start a thread of nothing but cabin pics.....one central thread where people can get an idea of what the cabins and balconies look like. So I suggest we post a pic or several, name the ship and the cabin number and a small comment about the rooms, the pros and cons. Things to be aware of, things we found hidden, things to stay far far away from, etc....

Lets not go into full reviews or turn this into a debate thread...Just side notes that can help future cruisers. And please unless its about a room or with pics please lets not do the random comments, lets try and keep it to topic..Thanks everyone hope this will help some people!! :D

This is cabin 7445 on the Liberty, Cat 9c..(sorry for the mess, we slept good lol) 7445.jpg

We loved it cause the bed was right in the middle of the windows and it doesnt have a couch so the room was huge.

bal2.jpg

This is the Starboard side of the aft balcony, Im standing at the corner, this side was about the standard size balcony.

bal3.jpg

Standing the same spot just other side of balcony, this would be off the corner and directly aft. (its a big balcony for sure):D

bal1.jpg

And this would be me standing on the very back of the ship looking towards the starboard side..

My only bad part of the cabin , but it happens to most aft balconies was the amount of ash that happen to fall on the chairs and the deck, but other than that, the room was so quiet, the balcony was huge....We gave cabin 7445 a 9 out of a 10.

This is one of the two center cabins across the aft of Triumph. The two center cabins turn out to be smaller, the tv is not in the corner by the back of the cabin and the desk isnt as long, the storage wasnt as good (one cabinet of storage didnt even open), cabin was thinner and not the 220 s.f. it should have been.

For a 6D price, I was expecting a regular OV window. As you can see, it is set back like a port hole and slanted downward. We couldnt see to either side in the ports, just the wake view.

I would not pay the full OV price again for this cabin.

1039895010_Picture017.jpg.9762242c375822d70e7668c44454aeba.jpg

1969996129_Picture019.jpg.d5fe602c4dffaf5b0fa2f09f93d68a05.jpg

815897624_Picture037.jpg.9134e3de8131b40f478c7d6a18351a06.jpg

301843621_Picture041.jpg.f6df4c9c966eeb8c357bb6bb6bcf92d1.jpg

1882725420_Picture038.jpg.c6796d34d76f1359957e7432fd2184a9.jpg

We're staying in 4160 on the Pride... that room supposedly has 1 upper, and a sofa along side of the standard bed. Does anyone have a picture of what a setup like this may look like? It's my understanding that the sofa doesn't convert into a bed. I'm just crossing my fingers that the upper doesn't come down over the main bed. I can picture myself cracking my noggin on the upper more than once if that were the case.

Just in case anyone wasn't aware ... there is also a Cruise Critic Board about cabins.

It's found under Cruise Discussion Topics and called Cabin Selection Tips.

Lots of info there - if you search your cabin #- chances are someone's asked about it before.

Jenn

I have a stupid question that I've been trying to figure out on my own....

What is that brown thing that is on almost every bed that I've seen in pictures? It looks like it might be leatherish? :confused:

Edited by nutley chick

What is that brown thing that is on almost every bed that I've seen in pictures? It looks like it might be leatherish? :confused:

It is a large brown leatherish thing that usually disappers after the first day. I've seen them upon check-in but like I said it disappers never to be seen again.

That is a luggage sheet for lack of a better name, it goes on the bed to protect it from your luggage as you unpack! :)

That is a luggage sheet for lack of a better name, it goes on the bed to protect it from your luggage as you unpack! :)

Thank you. I was wondering myself what it was and our cabin steward was never around for me to ask. And by the time I saw him that night I forgot about it.

It is a "luggage mat" (I think it even has that printed on it)... they put it on your bed the day that you board, presumably to help protect the bed linens from dirty suitcases and/or or wear & tear from having heavy bags on the bed while you unpack.

It is a "luggage mat" (I think it even has that printed on it)... they put it on your bed the day that you board, presumably to help protect the bed linens from dirty suitcases and/or or wear & tear from having heavy bags on the bed while you unpack.

they put it there when you board so you don't get the linens dirty with the wheels/bottoms of your luggage. It's just a big "pleather" mat. They put it away at turn down on the first night, unless you put it away first :)

We were in the Owners Suite in November, LOVED that room! If you ever get the opportunity take it!

Bedroom....

OS3.jpg

OS8.jpg

Looking in from entrance, bar & balcony to the right, dining to the left and living room straight ahead. There's another huge flat screen with an entertainment center that has an iPod dock and surround sound in front of the couch.

ph1.jpg

And the bathroom, I forgot to take pics of it before we invaded, lol. Please excuse the mess!

cruise020-1.jpg

os2.jpg

We're staying in 4160 on the Pride... that room supposedly has 1 upper, and a sofa along side of the standard bed. Does anyone have a picture of what a setup like this may look like? It's my understanding that the sofa doesn't convert into a bed. I'm just crossing my fingers that the upper doesn't come down over the main bed. I can picture myself cracking my noggin on the upper more than once if that were the case.

here is a pix of the OV with the one upper i had on the holiday..it does not have a sofa thou.

S7301380.jpg

S7301381.jpg

here is the OV i had on the triumph

S7300721.jpg

Wow....very nice pics of the owners suite....did you pay for that or got upgraded...

I would love to stay on one of those.....too bad ...too expensive..

They called and offered the upgrade at an additional cost. It was worth it, if given the chance again (and I had the extra money) I'd definately do it again! It was funny the first day when everyone is exploring the ship we had people coming to our door following our visiting friends to the door thinking it was a public space (even though the door says "private") we kept having to tell people, noooo this is our room, lol.

This is a cabin that was converted from a 1A to a 6B. The pictures are taken from the window down the hall to the door, a picture of the double bed, and a picture taken from the closets to the vanity area. There are the usual number of closets, and the bathroom is standard.

00130007.jpg.e6d5ca15301477ece6fc64b92e5ba854.jpg

00130008.jpg.4444743cf8878df8b9d6c600b7b1fba7.jpg

00130009.jpg.3975702afdd372e893034947a7e316e3.jpg

Edited by jpg1747