Princess Cruises Bar and Beverage Package.

IMac

I have in front of me a Sunwing Vacations Dec 2009 to April 20010 cruise

brochure.

They are offering the following on the Caribbean Princess's Caribbean cruises

ULTRA-DELUXE PACKAGE. $430.00 CAD All wines by the glass,cocktails,standard and premium spirits and liqueurs.( I assume beer also )

Includes wine at lunch and dinner and open bar.

PREMIUM BAR PACKAGE. $280.00 CAD Cocktails from the regular bar list plus standard and premium spirits and liqueurs. A selection of red and white wines by the glass in all bars and a selection of beers.

WINE & DINE PACKAGE. $240.00 CAD Wine with lunch or dinner includes beer, cocktails, soft drinks or bottled water ( substitutes for wine ) for dinning room and alternative dinning outlets Buffet are not included.

WINE & DINE DINNER PACKAGE $190.00 CAD Wine with dinner ( dinner only ) includes beer,cocktails soft drinks or bottled water at dinner only

not at buffet.

Includes 15% gratuity.

Valid for 7 day cruises.

No stateroom service.

This is the first time I have come across this.

What do you think?

brochure.

ULTRA-DELUXE PACKAGE. $430.00 CAD All wines by the glass,cocktails,standard and premium spirits and liqueurs.( I assume beer also )

Includes wine at lunch and dinner and open bar.

PREMIUM BAR PACKAGE. $280.00 CAD Cocktails from the regular bar list plus standard and premium spirits and liqueurs. A selection of red and white wines by the glass in all bars and a selection of beers.

WINE & DINE PACKAGE. $240.00 CAD Wine with lunch or dinner includes beer, cocktails, soft drinks or bottled water ( substitutes for wine ) for dinning room and alternative dinning outlets Buffet are not included.

WINE & DINE DINNER PACKAGE $190.00 CAD Wine with dinner ( dinner only ) includes beer,cocktails soft drinks or bottled water at dinner only

not at buffet.

Includes 15% gratuity.

Valid for 7 day cruises.

No stateroom service.

This is the first time I have come across this.

What do you think?

Is the agency offering this or Princess? Is it per person? If so, they all seem a bit high for a 7 day cruise.

brochure

That sounds like an agency offering to me as I have never heard of Princess having any sort of alcohol package.

Mike:)

Yes this is a largeCanadian travel company WWW.sunwing.ca

There is absolutely nothing on the Princess web site pertaining to this so it has to be an independent deal between Princess and Sunwing.

The fine print says.

a) All drinks served by the glass only.

b) No French Champagne or top end Malts or Cognacs.

c) All persons in the same state room must purchase the same package.

d) Must be 21 plus.

Gratuity is included here so I think service could be an issue.

There could be tense moments at the bar with a person not on the plan

ordering a drink and being given a cheque while the person on the plan

has no cheque and no limit.

I could see drunkenness being a problem here as well.

In the end I think my wife and I would be pretty close to the price of the ULTRA DELUXE PACKAGE at $430.00 CAD each and I would bet drinking better wine in bottles rather than what would be supplied in the package.

This is an exclusive with Sunwing Vacations on the Caribbean Princess Only.

Any travel agent that sells Sunwing Vacations can book this for you. The Ultra Deluxe package is a great deal IMO as it basically is "open bar". Obviously it depends on the individual. Some people like it for the "no surprises" aspect.

We went on a 10 day cruise a few years ago with two other couples and the first couple had a $4500.00 bar bill and the second had $3500. They were having a contest to see who could spend the most. They bought drinks for fellow passengers who did not reciprocate needless to say they have not been on cruise since. They said they would go on another when the drinks were included. I like to drink but I don't think I could drink that much. IMHO

We went on a 10 day cruise a few years ago with two other couples and the first couple had a $4500.00 bar bill and the second had $3500. They were having a contest to see who could spend the most. They bought drinks for fellow passengers who did not reciprocate needless to say they have not been on cruise since. They said they would go on another when the drinks were included. I like to drink but I don't think I could drink that much. IMHO

This bill sounds like someone's bill that I met on the the Grand last January. I think it may have been more since it was 14 days. Sky, does it sound like someone you may know??

Kevin

Princess is not going to loose any profitt by letting an outside agency sell these programs. This outside agency is also going to make a profitt. The catch is you wont drink your money,s worth. I have been on several all inclusive cruises--and after 3 or 4 days your appetite for liquor has dwindled quit a lot. If you notice the itinereny for Caribbean Princess there is only one sea day at the end when most people have had their fill of liquor. When you are not on the ship you are not drinking!!!

Archived