Stay on ship during port of call?

SEVP

I know this must be a stupid question - but I have never cruised before and can't find an answer: can you stay on the ship during a port of call, or is it mandatory to leave?

And if you do get off - do you have to get off and back on at certain times? Or can you get on and off freely?

Thanks in advance.

You don't ever have to leave the ship until the debarkation day!

As far as getting on and off, sure you can, just watch the latest time for back on board and expect a crowd waiting to get on at that time.

We never get off of the ship in Nassau anymore, and I've heard that many passengers are doing the same on the Dream. On the Wonder, most people got off and we were able to enjoy a quiet ship.

The ship will be a ghost town on Castaway Cay day though!

We never get off of the ship in Nassau anymore, and I've heard that many passengers are doing the same on the Dream. On the Wonder, most people got off and we were able to enjoy a quiet ship.

The ship will be a ghost town on Castaway Cay day though!

I guess that's a good day to ride the aquaduck

I know this must be a stupid question - but I have never cruised before and can't find an answer: can you stay on the ship during a port of call, or is it mandatory to leave?

And if you do get off - do you have to get off and back on at certain times? Or can you get on and off freely?

Thanks in advance.

To add to the good information others have provided, the one sticking point is if you are at a point of call that uses tendering for getting ashore (such as all stops at Grand Cayman and some at St. Thomas). In these cases, the process of moving people on and off the ship is much slower, so there could be restrictions on how soon you can get off. Also, getting everyone back on board takes longer so you will need to allow some extra time for that.

We don't either. Don't feel bad asking questions. That's why the board is here. We all had to learn. Have fun!

But there is soooooo much to learn :p:)

But having a great time doing it :D:D

Archived