Piraeus X80 Express Bus to Athens

bvocruise

Has anyone taken the new X80 express bus from the port to Athens? The new bus starts running at 0700 (every 30 min). The article I read mentioned you can purchase tickets on the bus for 4 Euros (all day/including subway and other buses).

I look forward to hearing how the bus is working out.

Has anyone taken the new X80 express bus from the port to Athens? The new bus starts running at 0700 (every 30 min). The article I read mentioned you can purchase tickets on the bus for 4 Euros (all day/including subway and other buses).

I look forward to hearing how the bus is working out.

We used it in late May. Worked as described. Tickets from driver. Day pass 4Euro. Depending where you are docked it may be a little difficult to find the dock stop. We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam so just walked out the gate in the fence, which is closed later as passengers have to exit Athens through the port authority terminal. Walked to the road, crossed over the road and grass median,walked a short bit to the left and saw the sign. The sign was not prominent. There were only 4 people using the service the day we went when we left the dock and 2 coming back. We did the drop-off for the Acropolis Museum .

I hope people discover and use this service as it was great. We have used the metro before and this was so much nicer and more stress free. Of course since the ticket is a day pass for all transport in town you aren't limited to using the service both ways.

See you Soon

Just want to be prepared as we are travelling with two young kids. We'll be arriving at Piraues on Mon 21st Jly on Cebebrity Equinox at 6am. Would anyone know if we'll be docking at A or B? It says every 30 mins. Does it mean one at the hour and the other one at 30min of the hr. How much time should we allow for walking from the dock to the bus station? Thanks!

If you dock at Terminal B, walk along the sidewalk to the port entrance gate (5 min walk), exit the gate at the top of the hill, and the bus stop is right there on your left. Very easy. Tickets are available from the driver.

As a note, the stops in town for us did not exactly correspond to the map posted by the bus company. It only made one stop near the Acropolis -- and it was on the "return" route. It wasn't a problem, just know you will pass the street to the Acropolis, go to Syntagma Square and loop back around to the street that leads to the Acropolis (so you may think you're headed back to the port). It will then stop at the street that leads to the Acropolis and new museum.

Tell the bus driver you're going to the Acropolis and he'll let you know.

Catch the return bus at the same spot. There's a sign that has the X80 bus number posted on it...in front of the fur coat store.

It's super easy and fast! Did the metro on our trip 4 years ago and prefer the bus now.

If you dock at Terminal B, walk along the sidewalk to the port entrance gate (5 min walk), exit the gate at the top of the hill, and the bus stop is right there on your left. Very easy. Tickets are available from the driver.

As a note, the stops in town for us did not exactly correspond to the map posted by the bus company. It only made one stop near the Acropolis -- and it was on the "return" route. It wasn't a problem, just know you will pass the street to the Acropolis, go to Syntagma Square and loop back around to the street that leads to the Acropolis (so you may think you're headed back to the port). It will then stop at the street that leads to the Acropolis and new museum.

Tell the bus driver you're going to the Acropolis and he'll let you know.

Catch the return bus at the same spot. There's a sign that has the X80 bus number posted on it...in front of the fur coat store.

It's super easy and fast! Did the metro on our trip 4 years ago and prefer the bus now.

THANK you! Just hope we'll be docking at Dock B then.

• 4 weeks later...

We took the X80 bus into Athens last week. We were the only passengers on the 8AM bus and there was only 1 additional passenger on our return to the ship. It is not a short walk from Terminal B to the bus stop. We were able to buy tickets at a ticket booth opposite the terminal building. The bus stops just past the exit gate, opposite the yellow church and behind the bus stop for the HOHO buses. In the pictures, the ticket booth is just to the left of the large, red E12 sign.

540770200_lookingtowardsterminal.jpg.8a0e53c2aae94a998e70ae1994b7442b.jpg

1586305881_lookingtowardsgate.jpg.9404020eff4f2081deeb1f84a1da0801.jpg

135536136_pathtogatefromship.jpg.0ed0c691bee855fa32bd8f5e3a7c683a.jpg

745111071_ticketbooth.jpg.334154f64a4b6a09437e64e6fef1b3ee.jpg

1647767440_ticketboothandpathfromship.jpg.3beb8c4090d342ff69cdd63f2375d980.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, used the X80 into Athens. Was efficient, did encounter some traffic on the way in. Enjoyed a great day!

I had picked up a little map/guide from the Piraeus Port Authority in the terminal building and noticed they listed buses that connected the Metro Station (on the map says "Electric and Suburban Railway") with Gate E12, where our ship was. The bus numbers are 827, 828, 831, 843 & 859.

(Please note that you may have materials that say it's just a few minutes' walk to the Metro....that may be true for ferries or other vessels, but if you are at Gate E12, it would be a VERY long walk indeed!)

From where we were in Athens that afternoon, I decided that we would use our transport day pass and just take the Metro-bus option back to the ship. It was actually quicker. The buses stop right across the street from the Metro station. I made sure with the driver that he would stop at Gate E12 and he dropped us off exactly where the X80 had picked us up that morning.

I also noticed port buses coming right up to the ship every few minutes.....I'm guessing there was a free bus to save the 10 minutes or so of walking from the Gate Entrance to the Ship? But then you wouldn't go through the terminal building, so I'm not sure....but I kept seeing it come by after we were back on board.

Our experience with the bus and the Metro+Bus was very positive.

• 2 weeks later...
I, too, used the X80 into Athens. Was efficient, did encounter some traffic on the way in. Enjoyed a great day!

I had picked up a little map/guide from the Piraeus Port Authority in the terminal building and noticed they listed buses that connected the Metro Station (on the map says "Electric and Suburban Railway") with Gate E12, where our ship was. The bus numbers are 827, 828, 831, 843 & 859.

(Please note that you may have materials that say it's just a few minutes' walk to the Metro....that may be true for ferries or other vessels, but if you are at Gate E12, it would be a VERY long walk indeed!)

From where we were in Athens that afternoon, I decided that we would use our transport day pass and just take the Metro-bus option back to the ship. It was actually quicker. The buses stop right across the street from the Metro station. I made sure with the driver that he would stop at Gate E12 and he dropped us off exactly where the X80 had picked us up that morning.

I also noticed port buses coming right up to the ship every few minutes.....I'm guessing there was a free bus to save the 10 minutes or so of walking from the Gate Entrance to the Ship? But then you wouldn't go through the terminal building, so I'm not sure....but I kept seeing it come by after we were back on board.

Our experience with the bus and the Metro+Bus was very positive.

Really helpful - thanks!

According to the website, the last bus is at 9:30pm.

http://www.oasa.gr/xmap.php?id=px80

Not sure they actually ran that late when we were there, so verify with the driver. You can always take the Metro + Local Bus option back to the port if the return times aren't what you need. (The bus stop to go back to the port is across the street as you exit the Metro, you will need to cross the street or take the pedestrian bridge).

Here's a page with other Piraeus lines, as well:

http://www.oasa.gr/routes.php?id=p70

Happy Travels!

Edited by syesmar

Syesmor, thanks for sharing the link. For others, that website shows the stops for the X80 and the times. It goes to Stygma (sp) Square and pass the Acropolis twice. I found the timetable a little disappointing. We'll have to take the 300 bus and come back on the 700 bus, only giving us 4 hours since our cruise is in port 2pm to 9pm. I'm rethinking this idea now. For those of you that have a normal day like 8 am to 6pm, the bus sounds like a great option.

using Wifi at cruise terminal now. At terminal B, X80 stops right in front of the terminal building, just walk through the terminal building and the bus stop is in front of taxi queue.

For terminal A, you exit the port area, cross the street, and the bus stop is in front of DHL post office.

It might take longer than 30 min for the bus to arrive, but it takes only 20 min or less to arrive in the centre.

XandraMic,

Glad you had a good experience with the X80. Are you saying at Terminal B you didn't have to walk out of the port gates/exits to board the bus in the morning and there was a designated pick up point right outside the terminal building? Where did you purchase your tickets?

In July, we had to we had to walk awhile and exit the gate. The bus did not go in to pick up others. I can imagine picking up right outside the building would boost their numbers & be very convenient.

Edited by syesmar

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the X80 bus stops near the

Acropolis Museum? We've been to the Acropolis before and just want to see the museum this time. Also, are there any shops are places to eat within walking distance of the bus stop? We hired a driver in advance last time as the bus was not an option and we did not want to walk to the metro.

using Wifi at cruise terminal now. At terminal B, X80 stops right in front of the terminal building, just walk through the terminal building and the bus stop is in front of taxi queue.

For terminal A, you exit the port area, cross the street, and the bus stop is in front of DHL post office.

It might take longer than 30 min for the bus to arrive, but it takes only 20 min or less to arrive in the centre.

It wasn't like that when we where there in June. I found it to be a bit stupid, to have an express bus but make people walk 10 minutes just to get it. Plus there's a very big empty space in front of the cruise terminal.

We finally took a normal bus to Piraerus and then the metro, but next time I find it more relaxing to take the bus in front of the terminal as well.

Yes, if the ship docks at Terminal B, you don't have to walk to the port gate.

There is a ticket booth at the Stop, but I saw people buy the ticket from the driver on the bus as well.

The luggage area is in the middle of the bus if I remember correctly.