Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Azamara Club Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Azamara Club Cruises
Find Your Azamara Club Cruises Roll Call

Old June 4th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Email Phishing on the Journey May 16 cruise

I just got back from the May 16 cruise on the Journey and found many emails from family and friends who received bogus emails supposedly from me. I used the computer on the Journey only once and had my entire contact list from yahoo email stolen and used. BEWARE of using computers onboard. Has anyone else discovered this problem??

Fran

Old June 4th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post
I just got back from the May 16 cruise on the Journey and found many emails from family and friends who received bogus emails supposedly from me. I used the computer on the Journey only once and had my entire contact list from yahoo email stolen and used. BEWARE of using computers onboard. Has anyone else discovered this problem??

Fran
Hi Fran !

A few friends who use Yahoo, have mentioned something similar, about their address books being deleted without their permission, which would be a security issue. It is possible this may be a Yahoo issue. I have a feeling this has nothing to do with Azamara. I would suggest getting in touch with Yahoo. Good Luck !

Please Follow me on Twitter

Old June 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Computer problems on Journey

Hi Fran,

Hope you got home without too much hassle. We had to stay over until Monday but had a couple hours Sunday to see the town.

I sent numerous emails using AOL on board and had NO problems. It might have been Yahoo as suggested.

Happy sailings wherever you are off to next.
Sue

Old June 5th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Andy. I will contact Yahoo about this. It just seemed strange that it should happen the one time I used the internet on the ship.

Fran

Old June 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trvlingal View Post
Hi Fran,

Hope you got home without too much hassle. We had to stay over until Monday but had a couple hours Sunday to see the town.

I sent numerous emails using AOL on board and had NO problems. It might have been Yahoo as suggested.

Happy sailings wherever you are off to next.
Sue
Hi Sue,
Glad to hear you you got home safely. We had planned to stay over in Copenhagen one night anyway so we had no problems with the late arrival. Thanks for your response about the emails. I have notified Yahoo and hope to get some answers.
Fran

Old June 5th, 2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post
Thanks Andy. I will contact Yahoo about this. It just seemed strange that it should happen the one time I used the internet on the ship.

Fran
Hi Fran !

I hope I was of some assistance. Your problem sounds oddly familiar as to what I heard from some friends. I hope you are able to resolve the issue.

If you havent done so already, please make sure to change your Yahoo password. Also, you may wish to consider changing any and all passwords that you feel could be connected to the problem. Good luck !

Old June 8th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

has this been updated. I use the computer daily to check our business etc and make sure all is well with family. I have a yahoo.com email. if necessary, I will change and get myself a private hotmail address for the cruise and only access yahoo from land. Please let me know. Evelyn

11-11-2012 Allure of the Seas
12-08-2012 Celebrity Reflection
06-22-2013 Oasis of the Seas
01-12-2014 Royal Princess
-06-2014 Liberty of the Seas

ALSO SAILED BUT KEPT NO RECORDS
AZAMARA--NORTHERN EUROPE ST. PETERSBURG
VOYAGER OF THE SEAS
SPLENDOR OF THE SEAS
PRINCESS STAR
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES
DONT KNOW WHICH ONE WAS PANAMA CANAL...
ALSO ALL OF CARIBBEAN
ITALY
GREECE
SORRY BETTER RECORDS FROM NOW ON
EVELYN MARTY

Old June 8th, 2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocaraton View Post
has this been updated. I use the computer daily to check our business etc and make sure all is well with family. I have a yahoo.com email. if necessary, I will change and get myself a private hotmail address for the cruise and only access yahoo from land. Please let me know. Evelyn
Hi Evelyn !

I have not heard any updates, but if you are concerned, it would be a good idea to set up a free Gmail or Hotmail account for your Cruise. Have a great Cruise !

Old June 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Evelyn,
I have heard from friends who were on the cruise with me and used the computers more than I did. They had no trouble so I am inclined to think that the trouble was with yahoo.
Fran