Dan Hanrahan Leaving Celebrity

greeneg

Hopefully, his successor will replace the entire web/internet organization and we'll get a useful/useable web site with accurate information and acceptable speed; they will educate the customer service reps so if you call twice you get the same, correct answer; and the entire management staff will take on public faces rather than "internet manager" or "manager of social media" with no names and no way to contact them.

Hopefully, his successor will replace the entire web/internet organization and we'll get a useful/useable web site with accurate information and acceptable speed; they will educate the customer service reps so if you call twice you get the same, correct answer; and the entire management staff will take on public faces rather than "internet manager" or "manager of social media" with no names and no way to contact them.

I just hope that it's not someone who came from the "Adam Goldstein" school of business. As much as I love RCI, they are heading more towards the Carnival end of cruising which is turning me off to them.

I just hope that it's not someone who came from the "Adam Goldstein" school of business. As much as I love RCI, they are heading more towards the Carnival end of cruising which is turning me off to them.

But Carnival stock has outperformed RCL despite two cruising "mishaps".

As much as I love the Celebrity connection, Carnival is much better at maximizing passenger spending

But Carnival stock has outperformed RCL despite two cruising "mishaps".

As much as I love the Celebrity connection, Carnival is much better at maximizing passenger spending

I could care less about how much money Carnival makes. I'm talking about the on board experience. RCI was a much different cruise line before Adam Goldstein took over the helm. He's a bean counter and knows how to get blood out of a turnip. I think that RCI still has some of the best ships and crew around but Goldstein has made some changes that I don't like thus us moving over to Celebrity. Also, go over and read the Carnvial boards, it's packed with complaints from long time Carnival cruisers who have watched the overall product decline since Cahill took over from Dickinson.

I'm sure that many are going to say that Celebrity is not what it was also but I will find that out soon enough.

more than that, where is he going?:rolleyes:

In late June, I read a press release where Mr Hanrahan joined the Board of Directors of Cedar Fair LP. I wonder if that's where he is headed.

Here's the news : http://www.themeparkpost.com/index/2012309-cedar-fair-adds-three-to-board-of-directors

That's a shocker......RCI's prss release alludes to the ''deep bench'' at Celebrity...better be DEEP indeed : when a good player like Dan leaves the game, unless you have a bunch of Big Papy Ortiz on the bench, you'll struggle for a while.

Arno questionned if it were more a shove than a jump....I think Dan jumped as the Celebrity brand is performing quite well and the '' S '' class era launch has been successful. RCI stock,over all , has gone soft VS S&P, but I view that as an overall mirror and the fact RCIis a leisure-spending firm, not a ''necessity'' firm and in these times of suttering economic recovery, those stocks don't often perform as the darlings of WallStreet.

JVS 's departure was , IMO, related to his not getting his $$$ to do what HE wanted...and chose a bette path for himself.

If it turns out Dan is leaving the industry altogether, it will be a net loss....but should he turns up soemwhere else within the field...it'll be somebody else's gain, big times.

My opinion.

Good luck, Dan.

( gosh...jsut had a thought....please do not shift Adam Goldstein over to==X==.......):eek:

Cheers

I could care less about how much money Carnival makes. I'm talking about the on board experience.

I also couldn't care less how much Carnival is making or what their stock price is. Just because they make more money doesn't mean I'm going to book a cruise on them. It certainly doesn't mean they are the best. Just look at Walmart and McDonalds. They are the most successful companies in their field, but they certainly are not the best IMO.

I love RCI and Celebrity for their outside the box thinking, innovative and beautiful ships, and overall exceptional experience for the money paid. Yes I can sail on the far less expensive cookie cutter ships of Carnival Corp for less, but I know the experience is just not the same.

Yes there have been some changes at both RCI and Celebrity that we may not always like, but it's nothing compared to what has been happening at Carnival since Gerry Cahill took over. Unfortunately in these uncertain economic times, some cutbacks are a way of life and overall I think RCI and Celebrity have managed them quite well, which is why I still cruise on both lines.

I have to admit I'm quite curious what "exciting opportunity" awaits Dan. I do wish him well and know he will be successful wherever he goes. Another hard hitter from the Royal Caribbean organization recently left as well ... Ken Muskat. He is heading over to MSC Cruises but not for a year, no doubt because he had a non-compete clause in his contact.

Ernie

Hmmm I wonder what company could offer a package such as he had with Celebrity. Nobody likes to make less.

I wonder if there is a Viking Ocean cruise in his future?

I think that RCI still has some of the best ships and crew around but Goldstein has made some changes that I don't like thus us moving over to Celebrity.

Totally agree -- our experience is similar. I still love some things about RC -- we sailed with them exclusively for nearly 10 years. But things have changed, and not for the better (IMHO). Case in point: When you can't get a decent steak in the MDR (without paying extra for it), but you can pay to have breakfast with a giant green ogre -- maybe it's time to move on! :rolleyes: We like X just the way it is -- thank you Dan Hanrahan, you'll be missed! :(

Hi Everyone,

With all due respect to Mr Goldstein, I cant see him moving from a line with 22 ships, to a line with (soon to be) 11 ships. While I have no idea who will be Mr Hanrahan's successor, I'm wondering if Larry Pimentel (Azamara's President & CEO) is on the short list. I have to believe, of Mr Fain's "Deep Bench", Larry has the most experience, and would be a great fit for Celebrity.

I have to add my thoughts. We love Celebrity and it was pleasing that Dan Hanrahan got involved with this board and responded on more than one occasion to matters raised. We are now concerned as to what may follow. Hopefully there will not be too many changes before our next cruise in just under 3 months time.

Archived