Golf cart rental - Catalina

you don't need to make a reservation for a cart. There are only 2 places to rent a cart. Both places are the same. We found we only needed to rent the cart for an hour. If you want to go up to the Botanical Gardens, it is cheaper to take the trolley up there.

FYI - You can only go on paved streets. There are some streets that are private and you can't take the carts to the interior of the island.

I am not sure that you can even reserve a golf cart in advance....if you can then that is a change since we were last there. However, there are at least two vendors there and they seem to have lots and lots of carts. It's a fun way to get around the Avalon townsite.:)

• 3 weeks later...

I reserved one for my Dad, if you do it online in advance, you get 3 hours for the price of 2. That's the only benefit. I didn't want my parents to feel rushed, so that extra hour is nice. They did have on there that they will require a $40 cash deposit day of, in case you run over your time.

I reserved one for my Dad, if you do it online in advance, you get 3 hours for the price of 2. That's the only benefit. I didn't want my parents to feel rushed, so that extra hour is nice. They did have on there that they will require a $40 cash deposit day of, in case you run over your time.

The 3 hours for 2 is also offered if you just walked up to the rental hut.