Royal Family 2brm balcony suite - RCL- Radiance of the seas - Transpac cruise

Has anyone stayed in a 2brm RCL Royal Family suite with balcony? if so how many PAX did it fit comfortably and how much did it cost? Thinking of Hon to Syd 22nd Sept 2014. It says quote only. I have 3 adults 2 kids. Or are we better off getting two sep deluxe balcony suites?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Missy,

I have stayed RFS a number of times. They are fantastic.:D I would definitely stay in the RFS with 3 adults and 2 kids.

The master bedroom is huge with a great bathroom. Deck 7 has a giant walk-in robe.

The second bedroom is not too big. I would put the 2 kids in there. Then you can shut the door at night.

The lounge is huge. Plenty of room to leave the sofa bed folded out and still have chairs, the round table and a coffee table. You can still walk around easily. I had two 23yo sharing this space using the sofa bed and a fold out bed. They were not tidy but still left lots of room.

The second bathroom comes off the lounge and is like a normal balcony bathroom.

The balcony in not gigantic but we sat 4 adults around the table for many meals out there. There was room for table and chairs, coffee table - that the kids could eat at and 2 lounges.

The extra Suite perks are so worth it. Much better than 2 balconies.

To get a VERY ROUGH idea of price... it is often around the same price as an owners suite for 2. (Give or take a thousand or two.) It's a lot of money but OMG it is a wonderful way to travel.

If you drink the "Happy Hour" for 3 1/2 hr a night certainly helps even out the cost. I only bought about 2 or 3 drinks on the whole trip.

Ill try to find the reviews I did of the Concierge Lounge and the rooms.

Ring up and get a price. It is brilliant!!!

Raina

We travelled as a family of five on Allure in the RFS...best cabin we've ever had! I know it's not the same as the cruise you're planning, so I can't help you with pricing, but as far as accommodation goes, we loved it. We usually travel in two balcony cabins, but the price at the time was not much more for the suite. The extra space was great, I like having the sofas to relax on instead of rolling about on the beds. I also didn't feel like I was tripping over bodies, even with two rooms it seemed like we ended up in one except for sleeping, lol. My youngest was happy about the tv situation, she usually got to watch what SHE wanted, usually she lost out to her big sisters and daddy...she would claim the 3rd tv in the master bdr, lol. And like the PP mentioned, the suite perks will spoil you!

looks great but the cost of the RFS is about $22K vs 16.5K for two interconnecting Superior Balcony cabins :-( so not sure, my Husband might also want the extra door and wall inbeteeen us and my Mum and the kids!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived