First Regent Cruise - Mariner

We're getting ready to bite the bullet and confirm our first cruise on the Mariner, a ten day trip from Barcelona to Venice in April 2013. The TA has us in an F category suite, are there any cabins better than another in regard to location on the ship? I've read on some of the threads about cabin upgrades...how does that happen? My husband is 6'4", should I be requesting a shower only suite? Just having some nerves about spending all that money and making sure that we're making the best decisions. Thanks for any advice you experienced sailors can provide.;)

With a 6'4" hubby the shower only suite is a must! We love Cat F and in this Cat there are no bad cabins! You will want to be on the Port side for the direction this shiP is sailing.... See if 821 is available it is in a very quite area and really close tO the self serve laundry ( free and R provides soap, iron and ironing board there too).

Just came off Mariner in April, you will love her!

Welcome to the Regent board :)

Thanks for the input, I'll definitely request a shower only bathroom. Now I have another question. I'm wondering about bumping up one level to a concierge suite. Is it worth the extra money for the extra benefits?

"I'm wondering about bumping up one level to a concierge suite. Is it worth the extra money for the extra benefits?"

Boy, get ready, you are going to get all sorts of opinions on this one. Bottom line is this is a decision that only you can make base on your personal situation, expectations and requirements.

Since this is your FIRST Regent cruise; If you have not done so, be sure to get someone to sponsor you for an Ambassador credit before making your deposit. See Sticky on main Regent CC page or write me below.

j

Thanks for the input, I'll definitely request a shower only bathroom. Now I have another question. I'm wondering about bumping up one level to a concierge suite. Is it worth the extra money for the extra benefits?

We booked concierge level on our last Mariner cruise. The coffee machine, binoculars and free gift (a tote bag) were no real attraction and we did not use the discount on premium wines or excursions. The main reason was the availability of early booking of excursions and specialty restaurants.

Against this, there is the disadvantage of being higher up the ship which exaggerates the motion and therefore makes seasickness more likely and the fact that the cabins are otherwise identical - you'll find shower-only cabins on all decks. Also according to reports on CC, wait-lists for excursions usually clear and everyone is guaranteed the 2 statutory speciality restaurant places anyway.

FWIW our next cruise will not be in a concierge suite - as it's 15 days the price premium is too much for us plus the itinerary could involve heavier seas than we have previously encountered.

If you have a some extra money to spend, since your husband is rather tall, you might want to consider upgrading to business class air travel and then think about the concierge level suite. You have rather long flights assuming you are coming from the USA and Regent usually offers reasonably priced upgrades to business class. I hate, and will not ride in the back of an airplane especially on long flights.

If you have a some extra money to spend, since your husband is rather tall, you might want to consider upgrading to business class air travel and then think about the concierge level suite. You have rather long flights assuming you are coming from the USA and Regent usually offers reasonably priced upgrades to business class. I hate, and will not ride in the back of an airplane especially on long flights.

Excellent advice!

You may want to look at the cost of a Penthouse Suite vs. the cost to upgrade to Business Class air since Business Class is included in Penthouse and above suites on your itinerary. On the Mariner, the Penthouse suites are very large (unlike those on the Voyager or Navigator) and, IMO, worth the extra cost. Just something to consider.

Since this is your FIRST Regent cruise; If you have not done so, be sure to get someone to sponsor you for an Ambassador credit before making your deposit. See Sticky on main Regent CC page or write me below.

j

This must be done before making the deposit? :(

Archived