The Prepaid Gratuities Removed List

Wennfred

This is a list I found during my exploration of Splendor this past week, Now, there could be many reasons why many people removed the Tips, one would be that they would like to pay cash at the end of their cruise. That is the way it used to be done. Today Carnival charges your Sail & Sign account automatically and if you want you can add to it or remove it and you can tip cash instead. We like to just leave it alone and tip extra at the end of the cruise as we did this past week.

2579970370103168941S600x600Q85.jpg

The people cooking your food, know you've removed everyones tips. That could be bad :eek:

I know everyone has their fabulous excuses for taking them off and they all swear they pay them in the end but I'm betting most are just cheap and stiff them.

Seems to me that this might explain why some people have EXCELLENT service and some have ROTTEN service that sail on the very same cruise. I know if i was your waiter and knew you removed your tips i would certainly spend my time taking care of my paying guests.

I always leave the tips on and look at it like part of the fare. If they deserve more i will and did tip more.

Thanks Fred! I am like you.....I leave the auto-tips in place, and then tip extra at the end if I feel someone gave us outstanding service. Have tipped extra on 2 of 3 cruises......no extra on one cruise. Still good service that time, just not anything "above and beyond". :)

Now, we have solid evidence that the staff does, indeed, know the passengers who had their tips removed.

I hope another name for it isn't the "Spit in Food" list. :eek:

Or worse!

People might think they are getting away with not paying tips, but the joke is really on them.

I will gladly pay my tips and be able to eat without worry.

The people cooking your food, know you've removed everyones tips. That could be bad :eek:

I know everyone has their fabulous excuses for taking them off and they all swear they pay them in the end but I'm betting most are just cheap and stiff them.

I'm betting your wrong on your assumption! I still prefer the old way, but do it carnivals way. Pretipping is a bribe!

This is a list I found during my exploration of Splendor this past week, Now, there could be many reasons why many people removed the Tips, one would be that they would like to pay cash at the end of their cruise. That is the way it used to be done. Today Carnival charges your Sail & Sign account automatically and if you want you can add to it or remove it and you can tip cash instead. We like to just leave it alone and tip extra at the end of the cruise as we did this past week.

Question how many name were on the page that you saw. Also if you got off the ship would they still charge you for the day that you left early?

How many names where on the list???? This would be out of 3,000+ passengers..

How many names where on the list???? This would be out of 3,000+ passengers..

I don't think this was a complete list, I think it was a list of those left off the original list distributed based on the way the email was worded. There were at least 3 emails tacked up there, each one had about 30 names on it.

I'm betting your wrong on your assumption! I still prefer the old way, but do it carnivals way. Pretipping is a bribe!

Since you have the option of removing auto-tipping at any time, how can it be a bribe? You can leave it on there up until the morning of departure so no one is guaranteed tips this way. I like it on my S&S account; I consider it part of my cruise price, just like my transportation. And I still have the option of adding more if I want.

I know everyone has their fabulous excuses for taking them off and they all swear they pay them in the end but I'm betting most are just cheap and stiff them.quote]

Sorry, but I take offense to this.... I am one that removes the auto tips based on my personal opinion of what a gratuity is. Rest assured that In the end, everyone I tip get what they deserve based on their overall performance (and in most cases this is ABOVE the norm). And yes, I have tipped down when necessary and not afraid to admit to that, but I have never "stiffed" a staff member on any of the 50 + cruises I have sailed on.

So I have my flame retardent suit on for those who wish to attack me on this !

On my last cruise in January I was being nosy and searching the room stewards cart for some soap. There was a list of all his cabins, room number and a column for tips and I think it said yes and removed. So I know they get a list of names with the people who remove the tips. I also agree, that maybe that's why some people get not so good service while most others have great service.

Cindy

where exactly was this list posted?

Neither Pre-paid tips nor auto-tips is pretipping. The workers do not receive a cent of either until after the cruise has ENDED and your check/credit card has cleared. Plus you are not actually paying a cent until the cruise is over and you receive your credit card statement and pay it. So you might not actually disburse a cent until a month after the cruise. That is not bribing anyone.

Throughout the entire cruise 24/7 YOU may go to the Purser at ANY time and adjust the tips up OR down to ZERO. That hardly constitutes bribing or pertipping!

Both Aggieastrosfan and I were together during this event and she actually saw the list and pointed it out to me, we laughed and took pictures. There were way to many to count on that one list, Each party would have the number of passengers under a set table for example one would read 2 for I guess 2 passengers and others would read 25 etc. I can not give you the exact amount as that part of the list has been edit out and deleted.

Fred

I know everyone has their fabulous excuses for taking them off and they all swear they pay them in the end but I'm betting most are just cheap and stiff them.quote]

Sorry, but I take offense to this.... I am one that removes the auto tips based on my personal opinion of what a gratuity is. Rest assured that In the end, everyone I tip get what they deserve based on their overall performance (and in most cases this is ABOVE the norm). And yes, I have tipped down when necessary and not afraid to admit to that, but I have never "stiffed" a staff member on any of the 50 + cruises I have sailed on.

So I have my flame retardent suit on for those who wish to attack me on this !

Of course you are free to take offense but did I say ALL that remove them stiff the crew. Let me look......nope I said most and in MY opinion most are not doing it because they like the old ways of doing in person. They are doing it because they are cheap and don't want to tip.

There is no attacking going on, I simply stated what my assumption and opinion was and I stand by it. Just as you are entitled to your opinion. :)

Can not list the location of this list, sorry because then it will no longer be posted.

Sounds to me as if Fred ended up somewhere that he should not have been. :rolleyes:

I say for those of us that do give extra at the end of the cruise...that we should all go to the purser and add say $10 More per person in total! Let's see how much better the service gets when they know up front that you are a big spender...and it is posted for all to see to boot....not just handing them a little extra at the beginning..or middle of the cruise like some here say they do!

Sounds to me as if Fred ended up somewhere that he should not have been. :rolleyes:

I bet it won't take long for Carnival to either

1. stop the galley tours

or

2. Move that list if they haven't done so already.

It doesn't matter if they move the list...the info is now out there anyway!:D

I am another of those who prefer to tip After services are rendered. Just like in any resturant or coffee house, I would never tip ahead.

If I experience poor service from my cabin steward, or dining room waiter, etc, I would first express my concerns to him/her. If there is no change in service then that will affect how I tip at the end of my cruise.

Oliver

Archived