Hidden Cameras in Cabins?!?!

theJAMESH

So I found this video on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POY09go_8Jg

check out 2:30-3:49.

Anybody know about this? I find it very disturbing....

I don't buy that is a hidden camera....

Looks like the light on the other side of the door that lets you know your room card worked.

Never paid any attention to what the other side of the door looked like...

I really don't care if it is a camera anyway.

If the crew is bored enough to watch me getting jiggy in the cabin...

Their loss...:D

Bill

So I found this video on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POY09go_8Jg

check out 2:30-3:49.

Anybody know about this? I find it very disturbing....

Perhaps this is an attempt at a viral hit? Or to stir up the paranoid amongst the CC readers?

If I were to discover a real hidden camera in my cabin, my response would be to secure the evidence, contact a lawyer, then confront CCL for a possible resolution. Free cruises for life could be one possible solution.

Perhaps this is an attempt at a viral hit? Or to stir up the paranoid amongst the CC readers?

If I were to discover a real hidden camera in my cabin, my response would be to secure the evidence, contact a lawyer, then confront CCL for a possible resolution. Free cruises for life could be one possible solution.

yeah, no offense to anyone but the guy is definitely a loner. Can't wait to get home to his cat?

Something about single guys and cats.......

Uh, yeah.Totally agree.

Bull**** this is a camera. No one is dumb enough not to realize the potential lawsuit.

I doubt it's a camera as well. If it was it wouldn't' make any sense to recess it that far into the mount. The "camera" would have a very limited view of the room therefor defeating the purpose having the camera.

It's probably a light that is use to test if the door(lock) is working by staff.

I am not even going to look at the video. Don't need to. There are no camera in the cabins. :p

The stewards know when you are gone because they see you in the hallways, and they know what time your dinner time is.

Bingo!

This has to do with the electronics of the lock mechanism. It has been suggested in may be a test port and that is a possible. The place to mount a hidden camera is in the middle of the overhead so it could capture all the action.

The guy with the camera is well on his way to earning the title dork.

Doc

I just got off the conquest, and with the switch to the bathroom light was extra spot. It had plexi glass over it, and inside looked almost like a camera. I figured it was either an IR sensor or a motion sensor so the steward would know if someone was in there. Anyone know what that is?

Hidden Camera? UH...no, HOWEVER, I was surprised to learn during our behind the fun tour back on the conquest last may, that the captain was telling us there are microphones in every room. It's a part of the fire alarm system apparently. If an alarm is sounding in a room, which apparently happens quite frequently when people shower with the bathroom door open, an alarm goes off on the bridge and they listen in and to determine if an actual fire or if they hear the shower going and they go about their business, just an interesting little fact.

Archived