attire question...

imatarb

Okay, I've posted this to the Cruise Fashions board, but I'm hoping for some feedback soon as I'm in the process of packing this weekend.

For DH, what is appropriate for him to wear on non-formal nights? Can he wear a nice collared shirt with Docker-type pants, or is a tie recommended every single night? He will be in a tux on formal nights.

For me, can I wear nice capris with blouses? I just don't happen to have a lot of dresses or skirts. I probably know the answer to skorts, although they truly do look like skirts, I'm sure they are too close to shorts..ugh..what's a girl to do?

I live my life in medical scrubs, since I work for a hospital, so I truly haven't had to shop for vacation wear in years. I live in jeans, t-shirts, shorts and casual attire.

Help!

Lisa and Mark icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - 1994

Royal Majesty - 1996

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until VICTORY is ours 5/9/04

<MARQUEE>A day at sea is better than any day at work</MARQUEE>

A tie is not necessary, nor is it even commonplace, in the dining room on non-formal nights.

You'll both be fine with what you have suggested.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

detroit100.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else in the works as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

This topic usually generates a lot of response. Everyone has a very strong opinion on dress. As far as what you have listed as possible attire...it sounds good enough for me.

My DHwill be wearing Dockers and shirts...some botton down, some polo on non-formal nights. I think the dressier capris are fine for women.

This is just my opinion...I'm sure many more follow.

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

What you detailed is exactly what we wear. ON formal nites we dress sometimes tux and fancy dress and sometimes just a nice suit and sundays best dress. One year I packed for everyone else ( so I was pretty frazzled) and ended up only packing a summer dress suit for myself totally forgetting the rest of my dinner clothes (didn't relaize it until we unpacked on ship!!) so I wore the same suit all week to dinner. No one said a thing (Not that they would) but thank god it was approperiate for all dinner nites icon_biggrin.gif

UNTIL WE SAIL AGAIN.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived