2016. Cruisers who want to lose

MikeNKim

Very nice!

I did the Med last year and loved it.

What is your plan? I am just sticking with the make better choices and move more. I am interested in a lifestyle change not a diet so need to think long term.

kim

I'm in. Just booked Jan. 2016 on Adventure of the Seas and May 2016 on Allure. About the same amount to lose. Lost about 50 pounds 2 years ago, but didn't maintain, obviously, and find myself unhappily here again.

Our local YMCA is having a good join up incentive, and I think I should register. Very discouraged (totally my fault) but hoping to fit into my cute cruise clothes again next year.

Do either of you have specific plans or food regimens ?

I just booked my 50th birthday cruise for February 2016 and need to lose about 50-60 pds. So very doable if I put in the work.

Who's with me?

kim

I'm definitely with you! I would love to use 60-75 lbs before our cruise in Feb 2016. My wish would be all of it which would be about 100 but I would be thrilled with 60-75.

This will be our first cruise and I'm nervous for so many reasons between food allergies, wheel chair and service animals, I've got enough on my plate.. It would be nice not to be nervous about my weight as well.

Edited by mynxr

Taking my DD on a birthday cruise for her 21st birthday and a (belated) Welcome Home from Ft. Lee, VA.

I would love to drop 20lbs, but so far the winter blahs are making it very easy to stay at home and eat comfort food instead of going to the gym and make healthier meal choices!

I lost 11lbs last year, maintaining that much...using apps and a few buddies helps!

I lost 80 pounds 3 years ago and have kept it off with exercise and proper nutrition. I love the comment above about making a lifestyle change instead of dieting. With that type of mindset you can't go wrong.

If anyone has any questions or is looking for some guidance I'm happy to help.

Good luck to all.

I have a 12 Day Southern Caribbean in January. I still need to lose another 25-30 lbs.! Possible goal between now and then for normal people. Me, not so sure.

I think about trying to lose weight, I crave candy or sweet stuff. Never use to be a snacker like I am now that I have lost 70 pounds. But I have been stuck for at least 6 months. Need to focus and get motivated!

Thinking about cruising is a great idea!

We can do it!

Happy, healthy eating all:cool:

I'm in! Just booked January 23, Southern Caribbean. Would love to lose any weight it is soooo hard. Going to try to loose a pound a week. I would love to not have pictures from this next cruise that I look fat in. Let's do this.

Which week are you going? Might be the same as us??

We are going Jan 30th.

It will be our third time on Adventure and fourth Southern Caribbean.

Where are you in PA? We're in Carroll Co. Md which borders PA.

I am so tired of winter! Schools were closed again today and it's very icy outside. Ready or spring.

We are going Jan 30th.

I am so tired of winter! Schools were closed again today and it's very icy outside. Ready or spring.

Hold on for another 2 weeks and it will be nicer! At least here on Long Island it is predicted to be in the high 50's! I am so excited! I can't wait! I assume you will enjoy that weather as well being you guys are usually a bit nicer then we are this time of year.

Then we can all go out for a fast paced walk and burn some calories! .... Or you guys can, I am still recovering from Achilles' tendon surgery. Getting me a little discouraged on the moving part. Afraid I may be gaining while I am not looking :eek:

:)

We are going Jan 30th.

Hold on for another week and a ½ and it will be nicer! At least here on Long Island it is predicted to be in the high 50's two weeks from last Thursday! I am so excited! I can't wait! I assume you will enjoy that weather as well being you guys are usually a bit nicer then we are this time of year.

Then we can all go out for a fast paced walk and burn some calories! .... Or you guys can, I am still recovering from Achilles' tendon surgery. Getting me a little discouraged on the moving part. Afraid I may be gaining while I am not looking :eek:

Hi everyone, I'm definitely in! I've got a 7 day Caribbean cruise booked for March 12/16 and need to lose at least 30 pounds, and tone up. Need to be able to wear those shorts and sleeveless shirts. Plus, I've got DD's grad at the end of May and I am desperate to fit into a dress I bought and wore last summer for my nephew's wedding.

I'm on my fitness pal as well but haven't been that committed lately and I just realized that the grad is in 84 days :( I need to get on it. We can do it!!

Robin

Hi Robin, I feel your pain. I booked my cruise 6 months out, I figured if I did it too far out I would loose interest in my weight loss and start gaining it all back! As soon as I can buy a summer outfit I am going to buy one 2 sizes smaller than I am now and try it on every day, too keep from making bad choices. :)

You know, I mentioned my 12 day Caribbean in Jan 2016 but I never said anything about my 7 day Hawaii in July2015! I think I am in denial because that is a lot sooner. Can't wait for the cruise but less time to lose the thirty pounds!!! Especially while I am laid up from Achilles' tendon surgery. At least I started a little therapy this week. I can start some exercises.

Hi Robin, I feel your pain. I booked my cruise 6 months out, I figured if I did it too far out I would loose interest in my weight loss and start gaining it all back! As soon as I can buy a summer outfit I am going to buy one 2 sizes smaller than I am now and try it on every day, too keep from making bad choices. :)

Great idea! best of luck!

Yes, that is a good idea. But, for me, i think I am just going to take out my clothes that I bought when I started losing weight, so excitedly I might add, last summer, and see if I can work on fitting back into them!

Count me in. Just booked a quick weekend cruise for my birthday in January, but am also booking a longer cruise for February break. Would love to lose a good 20 to 30 pounds by then. I just went to my first weight watchers meeting since December and am back on track.

I am booked on Breeze for 01/16/16! I would like to lose about 30 lbs by then. It is VERY difficult for me to stay on track as I have NO willpower. Absolutely none. Zero. Zilch. None.

How are you all getting started and what are you doing to lose?