Rainbow Beach

pilotsugar

Is Rainbow Beach within walking distance from the ship? We went to Sandcastle last time we were there and thought we would try Rainbow beach this time.

No that's quite a long walk in the sun, I would recommend a taxi. Freedom City is an easy walk and Coconuts is do-able but Rainbow is just too far.

Can you give me an idea of how much a taxi to Rainbow Beach would cost. We are a group of 7 and would probably need 2 taxis. How long will it take to get there? Thanks in advance.

Why would you need 2 taxis? Taxis here hold 15 people. I think the published rate for that trip is about $40 so figure $50-60 on a busy ship day. Less than 15 minutes from the pier.

Thank you so much Drake. We were just trying to see which beach is the best that is close to the ship!!!

If you've already done sandcastle I would lean towards Freedom City myself. That's where I've been lately. Rainbow is too damn loud on ship days for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Drake - What tour do you recommend for a first time visitor to St. Croix? Looking for something that may end at the beach. Leaving soon! Let me know! :)

Call my buddy Prince with Heritage Tours at 3406423811.

He'll take you where you want to go.

When will you be here?

Call my buddy Prince with Heritage Tours at 3406423811.

He'll take you where you want to go.

When will you be here?

Prefer joining a tour group. Dec 8. What are the can't miss site and how car is Annaly Bay from the cruise pier. Is that area of town safe? Sorry as a solo traveler I had to ask.

Prefer joining a tour group. Dec 8. What are the can't miss site and how car is Annaly Bay from the cruise pier. Is that area of town safe? Sorry as a solo traveler I had to ask.

I would still recommend you call him, he may already have a group going that day.

Can't miss sites: Cruzan Rum, Domino Club, Freedom City Surf OR Sandcastle (Depending on your preference), and a walking tour of Frederiksted.

Annaly Bay is about 8 miles from the pier. Any particular reason you want to go there? It's not a usual tourist favorite. Annaly is very isolated, not somewhere you should go by yourself.

I would still recommend you call him, he may already have a group going that day.

Can't miss sites: Cruzan Rum, Domino Club, Freedom City Surf OR Sandcastle (Depending on your preference), and a walking tour of Frederiksted.

Annaly Bay is about 8 miles from the pier. Any particular reason you want to go there? It's not a usual tourist favorite. Annaly is very isolated, not somewhere you should go by yourself.

I saw a photo of Annaly bay on the visit St. Croix website and it looked beautiful, but I would never go alone! Does your contact have email? I'm not sure if that is considered a long-distance call or not. Thank you for your help!

I saw a photo of Annaly bay on the visit St. Croix website and it looked beautiful, but I would never go alone! Does your contact have email? I'm not sure if that is considered a long-distance call or not. Thank you for your help!

I don't have an email for Prince but you might try info@stcroixtaxi.com and see if they have a tour going there that day.

You could also try http://www.stxtantantours.com and see what they have going.

• 1 month later...
How much is the cab fare to Sandcastle beach. Do they rent chairs and if so how much. We will be in St. Croix Jan. 27th.

Any info is appreciated thanks

Check some of the other threads for exact pricing on this. The cab fare is pretty cheap (it's not a long drive), figure $5 per person one way.

If I remember the deal correctly I believe it's $25 for an umbrella and 2 chairs at Sandcastle. I think that comes with a drink too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Drake,

Have read many of your posts and appreciate all of the info. We are planning on the exact itinerary that you mention: Cruzan, Domino, Sandcastle, then walking Frederiksted. How do you recommend we travel to those stops? Can we grab a cab at each stop? Or should we hire a driver for the day?

Hi Drake,

Have read many of your posts and appreciate all of the info. We are planning on the exact itinerary that you mention: Cruzan, Domino, Sandcastle, then walking Frederiksted. How do you recommend we travel to those stops? Can we grab a cab at each stop? Or should we hire a driver for the day?

I would suggest hiring a driver, I think it will be more economical and easier overall.

The best route would be to hit the domino club first, then down to cruzan, and back to town.