Is it easy to get Euros from Banks in Greece?

toneman01

While we are on our cruise we are using tours no affiliated with the cruise line. We will need to bring Euros with us but I am concerned that we may need to go to a bank in Greece. Is it easy to get money from an ATM using our US debit card?

I think perhaps the OP's concern is based on the banking crisis in Greece and how a year or two ago some ATM machines ran out of money. I have not heard of that bring a problem this year. I myself will be using the ATM machines there in a couple of weeks. If I become aware of any problems I will report back.

Thanks guys, leaving in 3 days and wondered the same myself given greece's history of financial woes and general strikes. Grabbed a few euros stateside but will get most from ATM's.

To the OP make sure you are using bank machines. Sometimes, especially in airports you come across machines of currency vendors with lousy rates

While we are on our cruise we are using tours no affiliated with the cruise line. We will need to bring Euros with us but I am concerned that we may need to go to a bank in Greece. Is it easy to get money from an ATM using our US debit card?

Just like doing it at home. Should not be an issue and you get the best exchange rate that way.

Let your bank know you might be using a ATM in Greece to get Euros.

We always use ATM machines to get Euros when in Europe. You get the best rate. No matter what country you are in when you use your card at ATM you get the currency of that country. We are then charged only $5 bank fee from our bank.