HOHO in Paris?

kqcallahan

I notice as I look through the vast amount of info on the internet that there are multiple HOHO buses for Paris.

Has anyone used a HOHO in Paris and would recommend them? (or not)

We only have 4.5 hours (yes I know it's not much but it's all we got) so any help would be nice. Thanks

If you are a good walker, you don't need a HOHO in Paris. Use the water taxi it is easy to use for getting near the main attractions in Paris and you get some good sightseeing along the way. Paris is an easy walking city, most all of the sights are within walking distance. If you want to get to other places, like the Arc de Triomph and or Montemarte & the Sacre Coeur, take the subway, it is easy and clean.

With such a short amount of time you will never get any value from HOHO in Paris unless what you really want is just a bus tour of the city. Sitting on top on a nice day, even for 3+ hours could be ok.

Better would be to choose an area you would like to see (Eiffel tower to Napoleon's tomb or along the river or the fancy shopping nearer to the Arc de Triumph) and just walk. River taxi is fun, but cabs in Paris are not as bad as folks say and you get them at stations as often as by hailing so for medium distances a few rides work well.

I found buses confusing, but the subway is excellent. Just make sure you have a good map as it is easy to feel disoriented when you emerge.

Bottom line, choose a small space and see it all. Whatever you do, find an outdoor table somewhere with a glass of wine (cheaper than H20) and relax.

By the way, any tour book will give you most of the info you will need. Use internet sites to find the cafe - although any busy street is a no lose.

check out the travelers helpline on http://www.ricksteves.com. You can ask others what they suggest. The HOHO bus is good in Paris but as previous poster said it will be a bus tour. You will however, get see see a lot of the city from afar. I have been to Paris many times and if I had a short time I would take a walk by the Seine, sit outside in a cafe and have lunch. Not sure if you are coming from the airport but if you are it takes almost an hour to get to & from Paris and Charles deGaulle is not an easy airport to figure out when you return you need a minimum of 2 hours.

Totally agree - with so little time you won't really benefit from the HOHO unless you just want to sit and tour the whole city. The metro is super easy and fast to use and I think you will be able to get from one place to another much better.

We had about the same amount of time for our stop in Paris. We did the "Batobus" (think HO HO boat on the river).

We took a bus from the airport to Gare de Lyon (train station) stored our luggage, then headed to the river for the "Batobus".

We did the ride around, but didn't actually get off the boat at all. Made it back to the train station for our luggage, back to the bus and back to the airport 2 hours early for our 7:00 pm departure to Rome.

It was fast and furious. Didn't really see anything in depth, only seen from the river, but I wouldn't have missed it. Just watch your time closely and allow time for the trip to/from the airport or to/from the port.

Good luck!

I would recommend you hire a driver/guide. We hired a driver last year who took us for a city tour...he pointed out all the sites & was very informative, stopping for photos & walks, well worth the expense if time is a factor.

I actually have done both the HOHO buses in Paris and the driving tour and I preferred the HOHO bus because you were up high and outside. I also would not do the Louvre if you only have a few hours. The Arc du Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and reflecting pond ( where my son swam!) and Jardin du Tuileries were my fav's.

I highly recommend the HOHO bus - even if you just take it around the city and never get off. There are different routes and you can transfer from one route to the other with no additional charges. We took the Yellow/Greenish bus (color of course) and it was great. We were there in May. Have a great trip!

Marion

I highly recommend the HOHO bus - even if you just take it around the city and never get off. There are different routes and you can transfer from one route to the other with no additional charges. We took the Yellow/Greenish bus (color of course) and it was great. We were there in May. Have a great trip! Marion

Was there different HOHO buses though? Like which one did you use that you found good?

It was a double decker the color was a yellowish green.

I don't know the name of the company but you can't miss their bus.

Marion

47a1d720b3127cce9855dd8d5fb400000025100Abs2rls5csmfA

Heading to PARIS L Open Tour Bus from St. Lazare Station (Thursday, April 28th 2011)

L'Open Tour is a hop-on, hop-off tour bus service that we caught close to PARIS St. Lazare Train Station (coming from Le Havre via train in April 2011). The bright-yellow, easily recognizable double-decker bus is good for sightseeing.

47a1d720b3127cce9855d2781fde00000058100Abs2rls5csmfA

Pictures: PARIS L'Open Tour Bus highlights (Thursday 04.28.2011)

I love Paris in the spring time/ I love Paris in the Fall

I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles

I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles!

View PHOTO album (1060 images)

47a1d720b3127cce9855d27c1fda00000015100Abs2rls5csmfA

L'Open Tour is a hop-on, hop-off tour bus service that offers 4 different tour routes and 50 stops around Paris -

arguably providing the greatest range of choices among tour bus operators in the city of light.

47a1d720b3127cce9855d27a1fdc00000025100Abs2rls5csmfA

L'Open Tour is a hop-on, hop-off tour bus service that offers 4 different tour routes and 50 stops around Paris

47a1d720b3127cce9855d2799eef00000025100Abs2rls5csmfA

L'Open Tour is a hop-on, hop-off tour bus service that offers 4 different tour routes and 50 stops around Paris

47a1d720b3127cce9855d27b9eed00000025100Abs2rls5csmfA

Archived