Harvest Caye

skyfire53

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any updates? We travel at the end of May and as of yet there are still no excursions posted. I would like to start making plans.

Since it is not scheduled to open until mid-February and is a new construction, I would think it yould be at least October and probably even December before they have an idea of what excursions will be ready. We cruise at the beginning of April.

I contacted Coral Breeze to see if they were offering anything from there and they said not at this time and it may be a while until they do....:(...I really dont want to book through the ship but may have to this time.....Im hoping the pharmacy in Belize City port will open one on Harvest

I hope the same Pharmacist will own it. But I think she was thinking about moving back to the US, because so many things are changing in Belize and her kids are in College now in the US

I hope the same Pharmacist will own it. But I think she was thinking about moving back to the US, because so many things are changing in Belize and her kids are in College now in the US

Oh no!!!!!! I love being able to go to the pharmacy in Belize....:eek:

Valdemar Andrade - Director, Destination Planning & Cruise, BTB

"Yes. As far as the last conversation I had with the director of port operations Mr. Colin Murphy from NCL, yes. We are still on target for February of 2016. I think all the aspects on the island are on target. We are also working with the tour operation side of it. We are now having the detailed discussions as to what kind of tours they will be having there and being able to get those on target as well. So from our side and in terms of the cruise calls we have secured from that port, yes, everything is set for February 2016."

http://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/508044/re-a-peek-at-harvest-caye.html#Post508044

http://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/508044/re-a-peek-at-harvest-caye.html#Post508044

That makes 3 of us from the same cruise wondering how it's going. :)

I am bringing my 2 teenagers on this cruise - this is their first time cruising - I hope we have better excursions that what "had been" listed.

Note, if you go to NCL and don't sign in....just search through all the excursions for Carribbean, you can still see the 11 or so excursions offered for Harvest Caye. None of them too great from my point of view. Except maybe the snorkelling.

Fingers crossed, and will watch for updates.

Lisa

I am bringing my 2 teenagers on this cruise - this is their first time cruising - I hope we have better excursions that what "had been" listed.

Note, if you go to NCL and don't sign in....just search through all the excursions for Carribbean, you can still see the 11 or so excursions offered for Harvest Caye. None of them too great from my point of view. Except maybe the snorkelling.

Fingers crossed, and will watch for updates.

Lisa

I agree, I do hope they have some good ones!

Come on over to the roll call & join everyone Lisa!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked on a Norwegian Getaway in July with Harvest Caye listed as the stop in Belize. If, as it sounds like, the place is not ready, would NCL be likely to shift to Belize City up the coast? Just thinking ahead for flexibility in shore time...

I didn't see any dock facilities that looked big enough at Belize City, is that a port where you are tendered in?

Jim

We are booked on a Norwegian Getaway in July with Harvest Caye listed as the stop in Belize. If, as it sounds like, the place is not ready, would NCL be likely to shift to Belize City up the coast? Just thinking ahead for flexibility in shore time...

I didn't see any dock facilities that looked big enough at Belize City, is that a port where you are tendered in?

Jim

NCL ships are going to Belize City until the time Harvest Caye is open, or at least that's what they are doing this season. We are going on the Jade on Jan. 30 and we are going to BC, as have all the Jade trips so far this season.

And yes, Belize City is a tender port.