Lagoon cruise & Polynesian Feast

bcnm

Does anyone know if it is difficult to get in & out of the outrigger canoe?

Some have a small ladder that the skipper will hang over the edge but some do not. You might want to consider a catamaran type lagoon tour with snorkeling stops as they usually have a ramp they let down into the water to allow easy access to get get off and back on. See attachment

As far as getting on and off while at the pier or a motu it isn't hard.

cat.JPG.13d983f4a6519db90adf632763c1326c.JPG

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

The cruise ship has contracted this with Maohi Nui. Uf you go to their website you can can see a picture of their boat. They do have ladders either at the back or at the side.

Emdee is talking about Bora Bora. You never mentioned the island you were referring to. If it is Bora Bora and you are talking about the PG's lagoon and Polynesian feast tour then yes there is a ladder.

Since the title mirrors the PG excursion in Bora Bora it was a natural extrapolation for me!

Other boats sometimes dont have ladders....One has to jump off the back of Ato's boats!

Since the title mirrors the PG excursion in Bora Bora it was a natural extrapolation for me!

Other boats sometimes dont have ladders....One has to jump off the back of Ato's boats!

How do you get back ON Ato's boat? I'm booked on his Lagoon tour and now I'm worried about getting back on the boat. I can jump off.

Thank you!

How do you get back ON Ato's boat? I'm booked on his Lagoon tour and now I'm worried about getting back on the boat. I can jump off.

Thank you!

There is a kind of step at the back ...he helps you up.

Keep in mind that we were the first to use him....now he has newer boats, stools, condiments etc. So it will depend on which boat he brings. I had 76 year old friends with me and they all managed. It is worth it!

I wont be going to Fakarava for a few years but i have promised Ato to visit with him in 2020.

Oh boy something to seriously think about for our upcoming excursions! We once saw a guy break his collarbone trying to climb into a boat in BB. He was airlifted home a day later, yuck. Not many concessions to safety in this part of the world, or to age. Thanks for the reminder about thinking about this.

Oh boy something to seriously think about for our upcoming excursions! We once saw a guy break his collarbone trying to climb into a boat in BB. He was airlifted home a day later, yuck. Not many concessions to safety in this part of the world, or to age. Thanks for the reminder about thinking about this.

The ladder(s) on Patrick's outriggers seem to be good ones as they stay angled away from the side of the outrigger. However, many outriggers from other vendors use a chain ladder which keeps moving around as you try and climb aboard. If your a big/old person it can be tough climbing in the outrigger. But as it appears we are talking about the PG's tour with Patrick this shouldn't be an issue for most.

The ladder(s) on Patrick's outriggers seem to be good ones as they stay angled away from the side of the outrigger. However, many outriggers from other vendors use a chain ladder which keeps moving around as you try and climb aboard. If your a big/old person it can be tough climbing in the outrigger. But as it appears we are talking about the PG's tour with Patrick this shouldn't be an issue for most.

Old, we're talking about old! :) The guy who slipped on a ladder and fell into the boat breaking his collarbone was probably 60. This was the ship's excursion Stingray Ballet on BB.

Old, we're talking about old! :) The guy who slipped on a ladder and fell into the boat breaking his collarbone was probably 60. This was the ship's excursion Stingray Ballet on BB.

Even 68 is not old

• 2 weeks later...