Shareholder Benefit Program question

Ken the cruiser

Have written them twice....including the original documentation. I haven't heard a word from them. My TA isn't having much luck either.

Interesting. I got a response to the email I sent today. Here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting the NCLH Shareholder Benefit Desk- Oceania Cruises.

Attached is the application form and FAQ for your reference on the NCLH shareholder benefit offers. This particular offer and benefit is not exclusive to Oceania Cruises and is applied in adherence to the NCLH Investor Relations Terms & Conditions. Although, each brand will process the benefit according to the sailings of each shareholder, some of the exclusive promotions of each brand is not combinable with the benefit, thus the constant review and update of said policy to ensure that it is in-line with the prevailing trends.

The main changes to the Investor Relations policy is highlighted-

The Shareholder must own the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Offer is valid only for new reservations made on or after January 7, 2017.It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Government taxes and fees are additional. Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and/or Regent Seven Seas Cruises reserve the right to change or withdraw the offer at any time without notice, and are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Other terms and conditions may apply. Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and/or Regent Seven Seas Cruises discretion.

In response to your inquiry, if a reservation was created on or after Jan 7, 2017 and Guest is also presently an NCLH shareholder, it would then be prudent to send in the request of said benefits. In good faith we will be presuming that said Guests are owning the stocks at time of sailing. As with any promotional benefits, frequent travelers programs and similar programs, policy review and update will be assessed regularly.

Additionally, at time of integration with NCLH, the Oceania Cruises lucrative promotional offers/benefits were NOT combinable with the NCLH Shareholder Benefits. The combinability occurred with some restrictions sometime in 2016 and was again revised early this year.

Understandably, there were disappointments when said benefits could not be applied. However, several Guests were also purchasing said stocks just for the duration of benefit application and abandoning them prior to sailing. We were also advising Guests to ensure that they register at http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/index.cfm upon stock purchase to ensure that they have access to the up to date information.

For any further related inquiries regarding the NCLH Shareholder and access the latest updates of the NCLH Shareholder Exclusive Perks at : http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/index.cfm

Hopefully, we have responded to your satisfaction and we thank you for your continued patronage.

Warmest Regards,

ShareHolderBenefit@OceaniaCruises.com

Have written them twice....including the original documentation. I haven't heard a word from them. My TA isn't having much luck either.

Did you ever get your issue resolved, or did you give up?

I bought the stock today, will submit for my OBC after this month's statement closes.

I did find it strange that in the email they said they were concerned that people were buying, getting the OBC and then selling the stock before the sailing while at the same time requiring people to submit the paperwork a year or even two ahead of time because of the date in the shareholder offer.

Not resolved. It is just plain wrong that I will get a credit on a short cruise that I booked in 2017, but won't get credit for a long one booked in 2016 before the program changed.

• 3 weeks later...
I got my monthly brokerage statement this week and submitted the request on Thursday. Got a response in under 3 hours that they had added the $250 OBC to my account and sent an updated confirmation to my TA.

I sent my request to NCL on 7/31 and received an email confirmation in 2 days. They also said that it was added to "my account" and that a confirmation was sent to my TA. I've checked My Account several times, but there isn't anywhere for OBC to be listed. Where and how can I find it? Appreciate any help.

I sent my request to NCL on 7/31 and received an email confirmation in 2 days. They also said that it was added to "my account" and that a confirmation was sent to my TA. I've checked My Account several times, but there isn't anywhere for OBC to be listed. Where and how can I find it? Appreciate any help.

They do not list the OBC online like other cruise lines

Ask your TA for a copy of the confirmation

Like other OBC it will show up on your onboard account

And if they said you've got, then you've got it. On board it might show as 2 x $50 as the $100 did for me. But even if in the unlikely chance it is not on your amount, don't worry about and simply forward that email to Guest Relations and you'll have the credit on you credit card.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

this answer does not apply to b2b cruises: bought nclh stock when they announced approval for cuba sailings. I had a cruise booked on marina for march 2017, turns out they changed itin. to include havana, (the 1st oceania to call on havana). I applied for shareholder credit, but it was denied because they said it was a travelzoo promo, which i did not know when i booked. ta did not tell me it was travelzoo promo.

this answer does not apply to b2b cruises: bought nclh stock when they announced approval for cuba sailings. I had a cruise booked on marina for march 2017, turns out they changed itin. to include havana, (the 1st oceania to call on havana). I applied for shareholder credit, but it was denied because they said it was a travelzoo promo, which i did not know when i booked. ta did not tell me it was travelzoo promo.

I have to ask, what is a travelzoo promo? Is it an O promo or one your TA has set up? Also I assume you're talking about a March 2018 rather than 2017 cruise.

I have looked a couple of travelzoo (TZ) offers and they have been mostly TAs or other consolidators. I checked out one O offer i saw and it went straight to Os site. I suspect TZ gets money through a click through. I don't know if that particular itin was on a reduced rate or just a better price than other (Caribbean) sailing around it. There was not 'secret deal" but jus the same price on Os site (though a good lead in (i.e the long since sold out inside w/o air) price.

So FetaCheese's complaint is partially valid. If she had booked this from seeing it on O's site or through her TA would not have known O was promoting it through TZ. But on the other the Shareholder benefit IS redistricted and some other promotions are not combinable. Some cruise lines I have read it is actually very hard to get a benefit becasue they are so restrictive and they have some many always-on offers that disqualify it.

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I don't want to create a new one since this one still seems to apply. Has anyone submitted a request to Oceania for shareholder OBC recently? If so, how long did it take to hear back from them? I originally sent in a request a few weeks ago, I did not read the instructions fully and just sent a copy of my brokerage statement and details about my cruise in the email text instead of on the required form. I didn't even get an email back saying that I needed to submit it properly (and my TA checked the reservation and the OBC wasn't credited). Yesterday I finally got around to submitting it correctly, and it's been a full day and I haven't gotten a response. When I submitted last year for a cruise that I subsequently cancelled, they responded within an hour, so I'm wondering what is going on.

I have both emailed and fax'd the required documentation and have always had a response within 48 hours - weekends excluded. Since you are working with a TA, they should be the one to track this down for you.

I just sent my request, by snail mail, today for my next cruise in Jan, 2019. Hoping for the same quick response.

I am surprised they would approve this so far in advance of sailing. I just assumed it would need to be closer to embarkation date though not based on anything. I have always held off until closer but would be nice to get one more thing out of the way. Please let us know if you get this approved.

I am surprised they would approve this so far in advance of sailing. I just assumed it would need to be closer to embarkation date though not based on anything. I have always held off until closer but would be nice to get one more thing out of the way. Please let us know if you get this approved.
I got approved for an October 2018 sailing in August 2017 (subsequently canceled). That's why their rejecting a request last year for a reservation not made during the current shareholder offer period (as reported by someone here) made no sense, since when I questioned them about it, they told me that it was to make sure that someone didn't get the discount and then sell the stock. Maybe that's why they're not responding to my emails.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I have both emailed and fax'd the required documentation and have always had a response within 48 hours - weekends excluded. Since you are working with a TA, they should be the one to track this down for you.
Do you have their fax number? It's not on the current form. As for having my TA take care of it, I'm not sure what the benefit would be since I'd still have to email the info and with the TA she'd need to receive my brokerage statement.

But doesn't it say that you have to own the stock 90 days before sailing? So what happens if you need to submit it the year you book which is much sooner than 90 days from sailing?

That is the point of the Restriction.

One may either book a highly desirable cabin early, OR get the Shareholder discount.

Not both.

That is the point of the Restriction.

One may either book a highly desirable cabin early, OR get the Shareholder discount.

Not both.

I don't think that's it at all. They didn't change the date in the current document, it still says 2017, so you could book a desirable cabin for a 2019 cruise and still get the shareholder credit. Maybe something changed in the 2017 plan. In any event, my point is that they claim "This exclusive benefit is reserved solely for shareholders owning a minimum of 100 shares of Norwegian CruiseLine Holdings Ltd. at time of sailing." but do nothing to actually make sure that you submit it at that point. The only requirement is that you send it "at least 15 days prior to sailing".