Medallion B2B Loyalty Question

kjg46

Yes, one is "supposed" to be able to put in custom information on the OCEAN site. I just keep waiting for that site to have anything other than totally generic jive. It's supposed to replace your personalizer but there is still nothing there. I will keep checking as the first Medallion cruise gets closer. Our Medallion cruise isn't until March 18 which is the first Medallion cruise for Caribbean Princess.

Yep... even worse for us because we are on the first real voyage...

It's only my opinion but it appears that the Medallions just have you name on them & not much else, so the same Medallion could possibly be used for multiple cruises & not have to be reissued like cruise cards.

And what % of passengers do you think will be able to locate their Medallion from a past cruise?

It would be much more efficient to just make and send new Medallions to everyone than to deal with special requests from people who no longer can locate their Medallion from a previous cruise.

Also, the date on the Medallion is a clue to port security that you are on a current Princess voyage and not trying to sneak into the port using an old Medallion.

Of course Princess security will be able to "read" your Medallion to know you are a current cruise passenger just as they do now with scanning your cruise card when you board.

And what % of passengers do you think will be able to locate their Medallion from a past cruise?

It would be much more efficient to just make and send new Medallions to everyone than to deal with special requests from people who no longer can locate their Medallion from a previous cruise.

Also, the date on the Medallion is a clue to port security that you are on a current Princess voyage and not trying to sneak into the port using an old Medallion.

Of course Princess security will be able to "read" your Medallion to know you are a current cruise passenger just as they do now with scanning your cruise card when you board.

Whoops. Sometimes I type things meaning something else.

When I posted multiple cruises I meant to say when doing a B2B multiple cruise. Not one from last year.

Someone on my roll call called Princess about the medallions and they said that the ocean.com will open in the middle of October and medallions will be mailed about three weeks before your sail date(s).

I just stumbled onto this thread, as we are sailing the last cruise before the Medallions kick in, you comment got my attention about them being mailed three weeks before the sail date. "What about those coming from non US countries, we have a few folks sailing that are coming from the UK and from Australia, those from Australia are leaving the middle of Sept for a tour of the US before they get the cruise...five weeks. I wonder how they will handle that.

I just stumbled onto this thread, as we are sailing the last cruise before the Medallions kick in, you comment got my attention about them being mailed three weeks before the sail date. "What about those coming from non US countries, we have a few folks sailing that are coming from the UK and from Australia, those from Australia are leaving the middle of Sept for a tour of the US before they get the cruise...five weeks. I wonder how they will handle that.

That's what I am wondering, too... they probably have something figured out for those people (including the ones who forget them at home).

While I'm sure this has been thought of by the "powers that be" I'm equally sure that they will likely stumble through it rather than have a seamless process. Eventually they will get it together but the Princess track record in regard to IT leaves me feeling that they may well get their IT staff from the pool of homeless who are too hopelessly wasted to be allowed into the shelters. OK, that may be a bit harsh but I really don't have the best impression of the Princess IT staff.

`Princess has said that if you arrive at check-in without your Medallion that they can give you one there. I suspect it would not have your name on it.

Not known if once onboard they can give you one with your name on it.

It will probably be pretty simple, the medallions engraved with sail dates etc will be supplied to those living in the US. Those who don't will most likely just receive plain medallions.

It is too hard to post a cruise atlas to Aus/Nz members I am guessing it will be just as hard to figure out how to send a medallion.

It will probably be pretty simple, the medallions engraved with sail dates etc will be supplied to those living in the US. Those who don't will most likely just receive plain medallions.

It is too hard to post a cruise atlas to Aus/Nz members I am guessing it will be just as hard to figure out how to send a medallion.

That's what I was thinking, mailing medallions across the world would be quite a challenge.

The tech required to engrave the medallion with your name and the voyage info is pretty insignificant. All that would be required for a user would be to stick the think in the machine and then type in the info. The engraver would handle everything else and isn't an expensive or elaborate piece of equipment. I don't see why a plain medallion would need to be issued.

Why would it be?

I can't see the problem.

People living in most civilized countries have reliable mail service...or that's what I'm led to believe.

I live in one of the more prominent cities in the United States, and I live in a three story building in a complex of about 25 buildings, two away from the complex office. One day a neighbor asks if we received our mail, I said no, she asked everyone in our building of 12 units, no one got any, she called the post office... they told her the mailman couldn't FIND our building and took all our mail back to the post office.......

I live in one of the more prominent cities in the United States, and I live in a three story building in a complex of about 25 buildings, two away from the complex office. One day a neighbor asks if we received our mail, I said no, she asked everyone in our building of 12 units, no one got any, she called the post office... they told her the mailman couldn't FIND our building and took all our mail back to the post office.......

Strange. I think it was an isolated incident.

We used to live in one of the smallest towns in NJ and now in a Florida city and never yet had problems.

The tech required to engrave the medallion with your name and the voyage info is pretty insignificant. All that would be required for a user would be to stick the think in the machine and then type in the info. The engraver would handle everything else and isn't an expensive or elaborate piece of equipment. I don't see why a plain medallion would need to be issued.

I could see Princess personnel doing that on the ship, but I do not see contracted shore check-in personnel who do work for multiple cruise lines being able to do this at check-in on shore.

If nothing else, that would make check-in slower which is the exact opposite of what the use of the Medallion is supposed to achieve.

People living in most civilized countries have reliable mail service...or that's what I'm led to believe.

You have been led to believe incorrectly.

16 days ago when mail was not delivered, I called the post office and was told that due to concerns about the safety of the group boxes, that mail would not be delivered until the box cluster could be replaced which might take up to six weeks.

27 other families served by these boxes had no idea they would not get mail for up to six weeks since no note was placed on the box cluster.

I could see Princess personnel doing that on the ship, but I do not see contracted shore check-in personnel who do work for multiple cruise lines being able to do this at check-in on shore.

If nothing else, that would make check-in slower which is the exact opposite of what the use of the Medallion is supposed to achieve.

A stamping machine of some sort like the souvenir penny ones might be the answer here. Scan your booking code and it could vend a medallion.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app