On Seven Seas Navigator now if you have any questions

CherylFP

We're currently in a penthouse suite 1108 on the Navigator from San Francisco to Montreal. Some good, some bad on this ship. Staff are wonderful as are the meals, drinks etc. shore excursions thrown in are a bonus but choose carefully. We were told on board the first day that we wouldn't be going to Catalina Island with no reason given with Ensenada as the replacement. A big disappointment as we were looking forward to that. The worst part about this ship is the vibration. In 15 cruises I have never come across this before. They don't care and just say that's the way this ship is. Don't pay extra for a penthouse suite unless you truly want a butler. Other cabins are the same size with most of the same amenities. Certainly don't book cabins on decks 10 and 11 as these get the most movement and vibration. Middle of the ship on deck 8 would probably be a good place. We found out from many kiwis on this cruise that there are huge specials which include air fares and pre and post accommodation so look for those. Apart from the above the standard of service is superb. If you have any questions just let me know.

Hi Cheryl. Your cruise sounds great, except for the vibrating. We will be on the Navigator for the first leg of the world cruise. Can you find out who will be the Captain, cruise director and GM for the WC. That would be great. I hope you have calm seas. Has it been calm so far? Thanks Crisy

Hi Cheryl. Your cruise sounds great, except for the vibrating. We will be on the Navigator for the first leg of the world cruise. Can you find out who will be the Captain, cruise director and GM for the WC. That would be great. I hope you have calm seas. Has it been calm so far? Thanks Crisy

Jamie and Dana are usually the C.D. and Assist. C.D. for WC's. I'm sure that someone will chime in about the others if they look here (not sure since this isn't necessarily a thread about the WC).

Cheryl - I think the lack of a forward observation lounge and deck would be the big drawbacks as far as we are concerned. Where do you go on the ship if you want to see where you are going, like entering a port, rather than see where you have just been.

Also, I thought the vibration issue only affected suites to the rear of the ship and you are right upfront.

We're currently in a penthouse suite 1108 on the Navigator from San Francisco to Montreal. Some good, some bad on this ship. Staff are wonderful as are the meals, drinks etc. shore excursions thrown in are a bonus but choose carefully. We were told on board the first day that we wouldn't be going to Catalina Island with no reason given with Ensenada as the replacement. A big disappointment as we were looking forward to that. The worst part about this ship is the vibration. In 15 cruises I have never come across this before. They don't care and just say that's the way this ship is. Don't pay extra for a penthouse suite unless you truly want a butler. Other cabins are the same size with most of the same amenities. Certainly don't book cabins on decks 10 and 11 as these get the most movement and vibration. Middle of the ship on deck 8 would probably be a good place. We found out from many kiwis on this cruise that there are huge specials which include air fares and pre and post accommodation so look for those. Apart from the above the standard of service is superb. If you have any questions just let me know.

Would you do a world cruise on this ship?

We have sailed on Navigator twice, well before the lovely refit. Both times we were deck 9 mid ships and felt no vibration in cabin. We did have rough seas the second cruise and felt that for sure, but it was exceptionally rough. We would both sail on Navigator without hesitation. World cruise not an option for us, both working, and one I don't think we would consider taking.

Gary the deck 9 corridor area is not too long for you to walk along. I cant remember about the lifts, but. I think they are semi open glass in the back walls?

But they dinna go at any great speed and didn't feel frightening. Hope your wife would manage that. Jean.

Would you do a world cruise on this ship?

We took the 2nd segment of the 2017 WC (San Diego to Aukland). I don't think that the Navigator handles the open sea well enough to be a WC ship. We had rough seas for most of the sea days and i took to wearing a patch the entire time. Normally, I adjust in 24 hours (even in the Drake Passage) - not on the Navigator! Some world cruisers took to flying across the major bodies of water and meeting up with the ship for the next port.

I also find the public spaces to be too crowded with furniture, especially the coffee connection/computer room and the lounge across from it. The rooms are lovely, no vibration if you are mid ship to front. The back of the ship is another story!

On Navigator, forward and midship cabins on 6, 7, and 8 are free of vibration. We have stayed in all of these areas. So ironically on this ship, the better cabins are less expensive.

Have you any photo's of these cabins as we are deck 6 when we cruise on Navigator.

Thanks

This was deck 7 but all the cabins are virtually the same unless you are in the high end suites. This is the living area and the balcony. I didn't take a photo of the rest of the cabin. 7933b5e94849ca7229d197d4b7a99bba.jpg5acf746287635f055c010ba21823dcbe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheryl again here. Yes agree that decks 8 and 9 midships would be the best location. Food, staff and service is wonderful. Certainly wouldn't go on Navigator for a world cruise. We are 28 days from San Francisco to Montreal. Do t go at this time of the year as the heat is unbearable and not many sun loungers in shady places - none on deck 6. Yes no lounge at the front of the ship as the gym is there - should be at the back. Spaces are small, ie lounges. Like the ship though but couldn't stand the vibration again. Had read that aft cabins vibrate so booked forward but think only the mid ship cabins avoid vibration. Will find out about non alcoholic wine.

Cheryl, thank you for finding out about the wine!:)

I had the alcohol-free wine for about 10 days on our South America voyage as I was on antibiotics due to developing pneumonia along the way. The "wines" seemed to be more tolerable with several squeezes of fresh lime to cut the "grape juice" effect.