Tour Guide for Taipei (Keelung)

SeaTheWorldBySea

Keelung and Taipei are miles apart (or 23 kilometers / one hour). If you're interested in the usual stops during your limited time in port, see the capital's Taipei 101 tower, CKS Memorial and Lungshan temple.

If it's the seashore you like to see, then choose Keelung, Jioufen, Yehliu. Your ship docks in downtown Keelung, a 400 year old city with markets, shops, temples and hikes.

'Alido' found a mention on this site a few years ago, but it is merely a one man sub-agent copying or scaling down the offers of Golden Foundation, Edison (and others) renowned ship's shore excursions and their private tours.

To match your personal interests for a small group, I'd suggest to visit http://christine-tourtaiwan.blogspot.com

You don't need a tour guide for this port. As you leave the port parking lot, there are many taxis waiting for the passengers. There is one (or more) person who speaks English, and you tell him what you want to see. If you don't know, there is a board with photos of the most well-known sights. You pay according to how many things you want to see. As I recall, we crammed five things into our tour. The driver dropped us off at each sight, and we agreed on a time when we would be back to the taxi. The price was very low compared to the ship's excursions, and we saw more. I believe the cost was about US$100.

Archived