35th Birthday Cruise to Bermuda on Carnival Pride.

seannyice81

Hey, Everyone

Just returned from Carnival Pride's last Bermuda sailing of 2016 last Sunday. Overall, I had a great time. I really like the ship and Bermuda was awesome.

This review may be delivered in chunks as I have to get ready to sail Vista in the coming weeks. I have no set idea when I will provide updates so bear with me. :cool:

Highlights:

-First time on a Spirit Class ship and first time out of Baltimore

-4K cabin

-Birthday swag

-Tropical Storm Karl

-Familiar faces

-The always changing weather of Bermuda

-Decks showing age

-Dolphins

Here are some photos to carry you over in the meantime. Click on the hyperlinks for now :).

Phoning home?

Splash!

Slides at night

Did your cruise leave Bermuda earlier than scheduled? We were next to you on the Norwegian Breakaway and we were expecting that you would leave on Friday. We left three hours early on Friday but had really stormy weather the rest of that day.

Linda

Did your cruise leave Bermuda earlier than scheduled? We were next to you on the Norwegian Breakaway and we were expecting that you would leave on Friday. We left three hours early on Friday but had really stormy weather the rest of that day.

Linda

We did leave on Thursday rather than Friday but we also arrived early on Tuesday rather than Wednesday.

Good evening, everyone!

Here is part 1. Please don't mind spelling or grammar because I'm trying to crank it out before my next trip. :cool:

Clink the hyperlink below to my blog:

Part 1. Baltimore

------------

I'll reply to posts in the morning :)

Edited by seannyice81

I was on the same inteniary Sept. 4th, looking forward to the review. Did you dock in Bermuda a day early due to the storm?

There was a minute when I had wished that I was on that sailing instead, but it all worked out great.

Yes. We switched a couple sea days and got into Bermuda early and I'm glad we did. NCL Breakaway had to leave 3 hours early on Friday.

I was on the same sailing. You look familiar. :D

Cool! Whats up!

I'm bad with usernames (and honestly, names in general), where did we cross paths?

Linda

We did leave on Thursday rather than Friday but we also arrived early on Tuesday rather than Wednesday.

Yes. As said above, we switched sea days and ultimately wound up spending a good amount of time there. More on that later :cool:.

Was on the same cruise too and looking forward to the review.

We were glad they amended our cruise, as we were travelling with my mother who was nervous about the hurricane and weather. We lucked out and were able to change our Thurs tour to Tuesday with Collin, so had 2 full days left to do what we wanted. Granted Wednesday was a little wet :cool:

In the end we had fabulous sailing weather back to Baltimore and the Atlantic was smooth as glass!

Thanks for doing a review! I love Pride, and Bermuda is pretty awesome. I'll be tuned in to your review, they are always great!

Thank you!

I'm enjoying your report! We set sail tomorrow on Sunshine to Bermuda and it's reassuring to know that your itinerary was adjusted accordingly for the storm.

You will love Bermuda!

We were glad they amended our cruise, as we were travelling with my mother who was nervous about the hurricane and weather. We lucked out and were able to change our Thurs tour to Tuesday with Collin, so had 2 full days left to do what we wanted. Granted Wednesday was a little wet :cool:

In the end we had fabulous sailing weather back to Baltimore and the Atlantic was smooth as glass!

That first sea day back to Baltimore sure was smooth! I actually liked the adjusted schedule better!

I got DRENCHED on Wednesday. More on that later!

Edited by seannyice81

Whoops, my bad, we had Lewis as our guide!