Cunard and Spam Emails

Winchester Ranger

Since returning from my TA last week my inbox has been quite literally bombarded with email spam from Cunard, and today I was forced to unsubscribe from all Cunard communications.

Does this annoy anyone else ? It's almost as if your reward for being a loyal customer is endless pestering by both postal mail and email, I haven't experienced this type of aggressive marketing by other cruise lines.

Since returning from my TA last week my inbox has been quite literally bombarded with email spam from Cunard, and today I was forced to unsubscribe from all Cunard communications.

Does this annoy anyone else ? It's almost as if your reward for being a loyal customer is endless pestering by both postal mail and email, I haven't experienced this type of aggressive marketing by other cruise lines.

I take a slightly different view. Lately we have been receiving e-mails from Cunard about once every day or two and occasionally twice a day. We also receive Cunard brochures in the post at a rate of about one or two per week it seems. I do have to admit I get a bit annoyed when they are repetitive (which is often). But on the whole I generally appreciate receiving them so that I can keep on top of the latest offers from Cunard even if I am not in a position to take advantage of them at the moment.

I suppose I have just gotten used to marketing e-mails, since my inbox is usually filled with at least 20 of them each day from various companies that I have done business with in the past. I will unsubscribe to those that I am unlikely to do business with in the future (those generated by one-off online purchases for example).

Regards,

John

I too have a sharp increase in emails from Cunard which I had attributed to my not having anything booked at the moment. The other reason may be a decline in UK passengers booking due to the devaluation of the GBP vs. the USD. I used to multiply GBP by 1.6 for an approximate dollar cost. Now that factor is more like 1.2.

Out of curiosity, I just checked my inbox to see how many different cruise-specific sites have sent me emails in the past month that were trying to sell me cruises. Here is my list.

Cunard Line

Holland America Line

Royal Caribbean International

Azamara Club Cruises (never sailed with them)

Costa Cruises (never sailed with them)

Viking Ocean Cruises (never sailed with them)

Cruise booking site #1 (which I cannot name)

Cruise booking site #2 (which I cannot name)

Cruise booking site #3 (which I cannot name)

Cruise Critic

Two sites that seem to have given up on me are Princess Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Lines since it has been a quite few years since we have sailed with either of them. I was receiving regular emails from both of them until about 6 months ago.

Now I'm sure those with more extensive cruise histories can beat this list by a long shot. I just thought it might be of some interest to share my list for comparison.

Regards,

John